Page 718 of 935 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768818 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 14022
  1. #10756

  2. #10757
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,323

    Default

    Would that include votes cast by Republicans....or is that a silly question?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #10758
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Would that include votes cast by Republicans....or is that a silly question?
    The theory is, Republican Voters vote in person, Democrats vote by mail-in-ballot.

    So get rid of the mail-in-ballots and don't count them and whalla! Trump is re-elected.

    At least that is the theory.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #10759
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,768

    Default

    Yeah. There’s basically a theory that we could have a huge crisis where Trump appears to win on election night because in person is counted. Then over the next few days Biden overtakes him in mail in. But for like a couple days Trump is screaming that he’s the winner and now he’s doing every thing he can to stop and sue to get as many mail ins off the book and creating a fervor that he is getting screwed in broad daylight.

    It’s a real possibility

  5. #10760
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,921

    Default

    So if Trump is ahead in Florida at the end of Election Day, they'll take their time counting the mail-in votes, but if Trump is behind, they'll frantically count the mail-in votes as fast as they can, desperate to put Trump ahead before that 24 hour deadline.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  6. #10761
    Ultimate Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,061

    Default

    LOL.
    The Republican report aimed at raising questions about the dealings of Democratic nominee Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in Ukraine appears to have accidentally implicated former Energy Secretary Rick Perry in an energy scheme in the foreign nation, according to the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee.
    The failing Republican effort to smear Joe accidentally revealing additional Republican illegality is perfect for how incompetent this administration actually is.

  7. #10762
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So if Trump is ahead in Florida at the end of Election Day, they'll take their time counting the mail-in votes, but if Trump is behind, they'll frantically count the mail-in votes as fast as they can, desperate to put Trump ahead before that 24 hour deadline.
    I like how the republicans are saying there will be a ‘peaceful transition of power’, as if anyone believes that...

    No matter who wins, there WILL be violence...that’s where we’ve gotten to.

  8. #10763
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,332

    Default

    8584592A-674C-49A2-A2DA-82A4E24EC168.jpg

    It’s really terrifying how Schmitt’s political theories are being used in modern day to destroy democracy around the world.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-25-2020 at 12:15 AM.

  9. #10764
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I like how the republicans are saying there will be a ‘peaceful transition of power’, as if anyone believes that...

    No matter who wins, there WILL be violence...that’s where we’ve gotten to.
    Trumpers and Republicans are pussy cats.

    They'll whine a week and run off when the militant gays start coming out.

    Just make sure all your friends are registered, vote blue, and make it a flood so big it is indisputable that Biden won.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #10765
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's weird to me that in the 1980s and 1990s, there were Fundamentalist groups in "Satanic Panic" mode claiming that RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons were leading people to join cults and literally go hunting for monsters.

    Fast forward two decades, and the current state of the Republican Party is to imagine looming threats like "Antifa" or "BLM" are enemies of the state, and while not demonizing an actual ideology, inventing Satanic child molesting cults of Democrats to get 3% militia people to cosplay as the army and go hunting for. Except they're not there to panic about the lunatics they're creating.
    Exactly what I said earlier. The "satanic panic" has been brought back but now its directed towards Democrats, Antifa and BLM.

    It's not just that they don't agree with these guys, it's "they're child killing babies who meet in secret and bathe themselves in their blood for youth and power".

    Basically an invention to cover-up the fact that the modern day conservatives have pretty much run out of meaningful arguments or policy positions. It's 2020 and conservatives are still crying about Cardi B's WAP, abortion and how liberals are coming to get them, lock them up or kill them. I mean, they're still crying about how the mob (meaning mostly POC) are coming for them and they need to arm themselves and fight back.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  11. #10766
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So if Trump is ahead in Florida at the end of Election Day, they'll take their time counting the mail-in votes, but if Trump is behind, they'll frantically count the mail-in votes as fast as they can, desperate to put Trump ahead before that 24 hour deadline.
    I've been reading some very scary stuff about the election.

    Basically the state legislatures can appoint electors if the elections aren't viewed as free and fair by state officials. The US doesn't really have an electoral commission that acts as an umpire and most of the swing states are Republican dominated states. This could mean that in a state like Florida, the state could appoint electors to vote for Trump unless there's a clear and wide margin between himself and Biden. There's a very strong possibility this election could be decided by the Supreme Court and we already know its dominated by conservative judges and will repeat what happened in 2000.

    The point is, people really, really, really need to get out their vote in anyway they can. Whether it's physical or by mail because given the state of the GOP and Trump himself, it's going to get very, very ugly in November. The only way Trump leaves is if he's beaten by a wide margin...and that's a big if.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-25-2020 at 01:22 AM.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  12. #10767
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I've been reading some very scary stuff about the election.

    Basically the state legislatures can appoint electors if the elections aren't viewed as free and fair by state officials. The US doesn't really have an electoral commission that acts as an umpire and most of the swing states are Republican dominated states. This could mean that in a state like Florida, the state could appoint electors to vote for Trump unless there's a clear and wide margin between himself and Biden. There's a very strong possibility this election could be decided by the Supreme Court and we already know its dominated by conservative judges and will repeat what happened in 2000.

    The point is, people really, really, really need to get out their vote in anyway they can. Whether it's physical or by mail because given the state of the GOP and Trump himself, it's going to get very, very ugly in November. The only way Trump leaves is if he's beaten by a wide margin...and that's a big if.
    If Trump gets his doors blown off like a Mini-Cooper racing a Lamborghini, he'll scream bloody murder about voting fraud and run crying to SCOTUS anyway. Regardless of if Trump loses close or in a rout, he won't leave, unless it's by force.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  13. #10768
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Trump gets his doors blown off like a Mini-Cooper racing a Lamborghini, he'll scream bloody murder about voting fraud and run crying to SCOTUS anyway. Regardless of if Trump loses close or in a rout, he won't leave, unless it's by force.
    Very true.

    As an aside, I find it hilarious that some guys in Florida (particularly some that were originally from Cuba) are saying they don't like Biden because he's a "socialist". It's funny because they'd rather support a man that's openly considering breaking American democracy and is tilting towards autocracy than consider voting for a democrat.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-25-2020 at 04:44 AM.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  14. #10769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,323

    Default

    I don't watch the national news all that much since that way lies madness these days, but I wonder if reporters have asked this particular question to Trump, McConnell or Senate Republicans:

    How does rushing to fill a vacated seat on SCOTUS immediately help Americans who are jobless thanks to the virus, or are struggling to make ends meet in a badly weakened economy?

    If that question hasn't been asked, then it should, even though I'm not so nave and already know what the likely answer would be, provided one is given at all. Still, an inquiry of this importance should be made, if but for no other reason than to get the GOP on the record as to why they put the court ahead of the people.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #10770
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't watch the national news all that much since that way lies madness these days, but I wonder if reporters have asked this particular question to Trump, McConnell or Senate Republicans:

    How does rushing to fill a vacated seat on SCOTUS immediately help Americans who are jobless thanks to the virus, or are struggling to make ends meet in a badly weakened economy?

    If that question hasn't been asked, then it should, even though I'm not so nave and already know what the likely answer would be, provided one is given at all. Still, an inquiry of this importance should be made, if but for no other reason than to get the GOP on the record as to why they put the court ahead of the people.
    That would have to be built on any of the media who would be in a position to ask actually caring enough about the folks you mentioned to ask the question.

    Which is not the safest assumption.

    Running a clip of folks yelling "Vote Him Out!!..." apparently warrants being run every hour on some channels.

    A piece of folks who are between a rock and a hard place in a tough economy?

    Haven't really seen that in the hourly rotation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •