Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    reports are Biden's lead is now +1000 in Georgia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-2020-updates
    I'm sure Trump is in the process of tweeting a professional congratulations to Biden right now

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

One thing I am getting a huge kick out of is all The Trumpers bitching about Voter supression and talking about how their votes dont count and it is not fair that a whole group would not be aloowed to vote or have their votes not count just because of who they are and where they were cast.

While at the same time being happy with the idea and fighting for thousands of legal votes to be thrown out. My aunt donated 100 bucks to Trumps legal fund this morning. Sigh.
    Not even getting into the Dejoy Fiasco, maybe you could ask your aunt this. If the dems were going to go through the trouble of committing multi state voter fraud which would have to include millions of fraudulent ballots and thousands of co-conspirators, why wouldn’t they rig the senate races too? What good is the presidency with a split congress? And furthermore, if trump can’t make a comment in private without it leaking into public, how have none of the thousands of people who would need to been involved in this leaked something by accident or design? I'm not trying to troll or anything, I’m honestly asking because I’m trying to understand her position.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-06-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. It's a pretty bad year to be shopping around a polling model. That industry is going to need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
    Good thing he didn't give away his "trade secrets" here.

Because based on what he was saying, he was disastrously off.

I was wondering the same thing. It's a pretty bad year to be shopping around a polling model. That industry is going to need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
    The margins were razor thin, but the states seem correctly called, alongside the popular vote being within the margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Good thing he didn't give away his "trade secrets" here.

Because based on what he was saying, he was disastrously off.
    He'd been singing the 'Trump is gonna wind in a landslide' tune since the impeachment.

This election made it clear the democratic party should be spending more time catering to black voters.

Again.

You're welcome.

Again.

But I'm sure that will be lost as pundits spend another four year talking about the disaffected white vote.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 11-06-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The margins were razor thin, but the states seem correctly called, alongside the popular vote being within the margin of error.
    They bumbled into the right answers. It reminds me of the book Sideways Stories from Wayside School where a kid can count but not in any correct order. So if you say count to five he says, 10, 32, 55, 1, 5.

Essentially that's what polling was this year, we can get to five but don't bother asking us to prove out equations.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Wonder how long it'll be before one of our mags guys drops by again?
    Which one? There were a few the past couple of years, but most notably the Spidey dude.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Biden just took the lead in Pennsylvania. It finally happened.

Can't link but it looks like Biden's finally grabbed the lead in Pennslyvania
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Not even getting into the Dejoy Fiasco, maybe you could ask your aunt this. If the dems were going to go through the trouble of committing multi state voter fraud which would have to include millions of fraudulent ballots and thousands of co-conspirators, why wouldn’t they rig the senate races too? What good is the presidency with a split congress? And furthermore, if trump can’t make a comment in private without it leaking into public, how have none of the thousands of people who would need to been involved in this leaked something by accident or design? I'm not trying to troll or anything, I’m honestly asking because I’m trying to understand her position.
    The thing is I asked her that. When ever I ask her anything that challenges Trump and supports the Dems she goes into cliché Fox News talking points. She has no facts and no opinion of her own she just repeats things that she hears on Fox News, and the Trolls on Twitter. She has no independent thoughts of her own in 4 years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This election made it clear the democratic party should be spending more time catering to black voters.

Again.

You're welcome.

Again.

But I'm sure that will be lost as pundits spend another four year talking about the disaffected white vote.
    Then you are watching the wrong news channel, or you are not watching enough of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I'm sure Trump is in the process of tweeting a professional congratulations to Biden right now
    and turtle bitch mitch will actually do something good for people. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Biden just took the lead in Pennsylvania. It finally happened.
    Yep. Fox News just reported that and they looked like someone just punched their grandma while they were doing it. They are now going full hard into the voter fraud that Trump is spouting. It took a few days but they are running with it. it started last night with Ingram and Hannity. But now the others who have been quiet about it are talking about it. Guess they were told to tow the company line.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There seems to be a very wide chasm between the opinion guys and their pollsters/decision desk. There's already so much chaos in conservative circles around Fox calling Arizona for Biden (which I think was early but Fox are rarely wrong with their election night projections) and they seemed to be unmoved.
    Fox News has two aspects. One aspect is a conservative propaganda network. The other aspect (and this is the big one) is...a business. Getting to be the one who calls the polls early in a big election, having the smartest capable guys on your side be the one who does it, brings ratings, brings eyes, and so on. It keeps your foot in both doors. When this is over, FOX will come off as the network to watch in terms of knowing where the election's going down rather than CNN. I dislike Murdoch but gotta say, he's got that Lex Luthor/Wilson Fisk/Stan Edgar "good-at-being-bad" thing down pat. And in business, it helps to remind oneself from time to time, that reality can and does have a "liberal bias".

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Democrats tend to like people with political backgrounds. However, the media environment has allowed for greater publicity for people who don't have the traditional qualifications for the presidency (Pete Buttigieg is a small city mayor, Stacey Abrams was the minority leader of a state legislature) so it's conceivable that someone like that will catch fire at the right moment.
    Buttigieg trailed in his campaign significantly behind Sanders. His attempt to pass himself off as the "fiscally moderate" one failed. I think Buttigieg has a future though, and if the Dems deploy him well, he might be able to flip a red seat/red district somewhere down the line. That's the real audition there.

Political outsiders who can win a presidential nomination aren't necessarily going to be less likely to win the national vote.

A version of Donald Trump without his biggest scandals would probably have won the popular vote in 2016, and been reelected this year.
    Reagan won and he was Competent!Trump so yeah it's possible in theory but he was also governor of CA for a long time before becoming POTUS. But again it's ultimately a condition of the party that would allow a candidate like that to take over. Trump would not have won the nomination of the democratic party in 2016 if for instance he ran as his Liberal Good Twin but kept the same style, same mendacity, and same rhetoric (i.e. 4th grade level and so on).

When reality sets in, when he finds out he has no hope to challenge this in courts, no hope of stealing and the GOP (having gotten what they wanted, i.e. political survival if only for a few more years) will not risk that for him...I think Trump will resign, and Pence will be the lame-duck transition President (which means that Biden could be elected as the 46th POTUS but actually sworn in as the 47th). Pence will probably be the Gerald Ford grunt and sign the pardons...or he might not, once Pence becomes POTUS, even for 2months or so, he's independent of Trump. We'll see but Pence is famously spineless so I wouldn't hold out.

Again.

You're welcome.

Again.

Michael Harriot called it. He pointed out that in 2016, HRC didn't do enough to target African-American voters, she didn't visit a single UAW Hall in Michigan, which is a majority African-American employer. African-Americans came out for Obama's VP to defend his legacy. The lessons of 2016 are clearer in the last three days than in the last four years. The Republican base of 2016 wasn't the full actual actual base...what we see in this election is closer to that (and it still lost them electorally) and that's why Trump is outperforming 2016. The Democratic base is also far bigger in 2020 than in 2016.

That and Stacey Abrams decided to cook a really cold meal to "make a present of Georgia" to Biden. We cannot underestimate righteous cold determined fury, razor sharp intelligence, and the spirit of (southern drawl-type), "good ol'fashioned revenge".