Page 712 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 21261266270270870971071171271371471571672276281212121712 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Everyone has to remember Trump absolutely HAS to stay in office in order to avoid a trial in New York that very well could send him to prison, so he's going to empty the arsenal of tricks, plans and legal schemes to get the job done. The great American experiment that is democracy depended solely on the whims of the decent and honorable men who served as president (by that, I mean they willingly left office when their time was done), and of political parties beholden to the Constitution and not the aforementioned men who occupy the Oval Office. Well, that experiment is being tested in the worst possible way by Trump who's neither decent or honorable, and by the Republican Party which metastasized into a gang of morally bankrupt cretins who basically flushed the Constitution down the toilet in a naked and insatiable lust for power. If Trump loses but isn't removed, that experiment is basically over, and America becomes a one party dictatorship. That, boys and girls is NOT hyperbole!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That's affrimative, Ghost Rider! He didn't, that punk crossed state lines to make a menace of himself.

There's still three months left, plenty of time for Moscow Mitch to reclaim his title, or for another challenger to step up to the plate.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-23-2020 at 06:51 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rand Paul trying and failing to get a gotcha on Dr. Fauci during a hearing right now, and Dr. Fauci taking Rand Paul to school.

Just how ugly will the debates get?

Breonna Taylor killing: grand jury to announce decision on police charges

The announcement is supposed to be made an hour or so from now. Buckle up, boys and girls.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Trump loses but isn't removed, that experiment is basically over, and America becomes a one party dictatorship. That, boys and girls is NOT hyperbole!
    Possibly. But my worst-case guesstimate sees him pulling a Polanski and attempting to flee the country to one with no extradition treaty. I doubt he has the cajones to risk a worse outcome for himself should this hypothetical coup of his go **** up.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-23-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Possibly. But my worst-case guesstimate sees him pulling a Polanski and attempting to flee the country to one with no extradition treaty. I doubt he has the cajones to risk a worse outcome for himself should this hypothetical coup of his go **** up.
    So maybe he really does mean it when he says "You won't see me. You won't hear from me."
    Watching television is not an activity.

The announcement is supposed to be made an hour or so from now. Buckle up, boys and girls.
    I wonder if the fact that the city has closed streets, boarded up several buildings and have held five press conferences in the last three days talking about being calm when the decision is announced if they know or if it is a hint that the officers are not going to be charged?

I mean you know that the mayor and the police chief already know what has been decided. They are not finding out in a press conference with the rest of us.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So maybe he really does mean it when he says "You won't see me. You won't hear from me."
    Hey, as long as he gets the message that if he so much as shows his face in America again, he’ll be put in a box - either one with a bunk bed or one that’s six feet underground - for the rest of eternity, then I’ll more-or-less ignore him and get on with my usual business.

1 out of 3 charged with Wanton Endangerment.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    1- 5 years. $15K bond. Good behavior. Can be employed in another state.

That is ridiculous. Beyond pale.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Amy Coney Barrett has been associated with a 'church' called People of Praise.

- It has about 1700 people, scattered between the US and Caribbean.
    - It was founded (of course...) in the 60's, at Notre Dame, by students and faculty (I'm sure the faculty were just led by the Spirit to these students and had nothing to do with teaching a fundamentalist, wierd interpretation of the Bible to impressionable students at ALL...) who 'experienced a renewal of Christian enthusiasm and fervor, together with charismatic gifts such as speaking in tongues and physical healing.'
    - This means that they not only believe that glossolalia is a 'miracle' (and not the random, formless gibberish noises it has proven repeatedly to be under every single linguistic examination), but also that they have maaaaaaaagic healing powers (that only work if everyone present is a believer and not at all a skeptic... ).
    - It called its female members 'handmaids' until 2018, yet it's spokesman claims it's women are not subservient because they 'work as teachers and in ministries'.
    - Former female members have spoken out about the culture of 'Biblical' subservience from and second class status for women.
    - Members sign a lifetime 'covenant' agreement (not at ALL culty....nope...totally reasonable...).
    - Members do not speak of the group to outsiders.

On top of all of...that..., she believes Abortion is a 'sin' and seeks to overturn Roe v Wade (and if you think that religious zealots don't have cases just WAITING to be brought to a 'friendly' court in hopes of doing just that, then I have beachfront property in Kansas to sell you...). PLUS, as someone associated with a fundamentalist cult, we can safely assume that, like all fundamentalists (whatever their religious flavor), she will use her postion to damage the progress of equality for queer people, women, and other vulnerable members of society and to push her radical version of 'christianity' on the nation.

But sure...she seems like a reasonable choice, all things considered. I'm sure it won't be at ALL disastrous to give a fundamentalist cult more power and influence...
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-23-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Ah, a slap on the wrist.

... It's going to get ugly tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Ah, a slap on the wrist.

... It's going to get ugly tonight.
    And in the morning we can hear all about Trump going on about Riots and how out of control America is and how he is the only one who can fix this.

Trump is loving this because of the sound bites he will get out of it. He will go on about the dangers of Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and the far left. And his base will eat it up and cheer.

One thing about Trump he knows how to play to his base and get them to do just what he wants.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I'm not so sure. I don't envision Trump as the type who'll cut and run, not with that ego of his. But then, if everything falls apart, all bets are off and maybe he does take it on the lam, probably to Mother Russia so he can hang with his BFF Bad Vlad full time. However, Trump still has a fully complicit Republican Party at his back and soon, a sixth conservative justice whom he'll put on the bench with all due haste to help him in the courts, so all isn't lost for him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    1- 5 years. $15K bond. Good behavior. Can be employed in another state.

That is ridiculous. Beyond pale.
    A cynic like myself might say that cop was a sacrificial lamb to keep Louisville and, quite possibly, the country from going up in flames again like back in early June. Will it fly? Who knows. People are gonna need to keep their cool tonight and accept the fact this was probably the best possible outcome when the alternative would've been all three getting off scot free. To be perfectly honest, considering how incredibly fucked up 2020 has been, I'm genuinely surprised that didn't happen.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-23-2020 at 11:25 AM.