Page 885 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 385785835875881882883884885886887888889895935985 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 17998
  1. #13261
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pennsylvania is one of those states facing a situation with counting ballots after November 3rd. The Supremes were deadlocked on the issue and kicked it back to the state court which allowed for three extra days after the election to count mail-in ballots. If Amy Coney Barrett were on the bench, chances are she would’ve voted with the conservatives. No wonder Trump and McConnell have been obsessed with getting her confirmed, because there’s bound to be a ruling in one state or another.
    It might not matter with the turnout we're looking at.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-20-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #13262
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I might not matter with the turnout we're looking at.
    I don't think Trump can or will win Pennsylvania, it's a safe Biden state, no worries. It might be close, but Biden is taking it. Trump wins the election (Electoral College but likely loses the popular vote again), but Biden will take that state, or so I think (according to my model).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #13263
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This might get me in trouble, but I become extremely angry whenever I see celebrities like Ellen trying to rehabilitate Dubya and his cronies. All I can think of are the millions of lives their policies destroyed from Iraq, to New Orleans, to the Nation Wide Housing Crisis, where is the justice for the victims and their loved ones I wonder? Where is their second chance?
    Where is the concern when you said you were going to come in here to enjoy our pain when Donny wins? What's the difference between what she's doing and reveling in others misery?

  4. #13264
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Where is the concern when you said you were going to come in here to enjoy our pain when Donny wins? What's the difference between what she's doing and reveling in others misery?
    Personal preference, I find Trump funny and entertaining. Plus, Dubya destroyed our democracy Trump is merely taking advantage of what Dubya caused.

    Edit - I can't say more without getting banned (again) so my explanation will have to do. I shouldn't be answering you as is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  5. #13265
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Personal preference, I find Trump funny and entertaining. Plus, Dubya destroyed our democracy Trump is merely taking advantage of what Dubya caused.

    Edit - I can't say more without getting banned (again) so my explanation will have to do. I shouldn't be answering you as is.
    So it's ok when you do it because you like Donny?

  6. #13266
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    So it's ok when you do it because you like Donny?
    Sorry, I can't say any more about this subject (I've been advised not to).

    I don't like him, I just find him funny and entertaining in a twisted sort of way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  7. #13267
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Personal preference, I find Trump funny and entertaining. Plus, Dubya destroyed our democracy Trump is merely taking advantage of what Dubya caused.
    It was a laugh a minute watching him and his Administration screw up a Pandemic that has seen 200,000+ Americans dead. There was tons of entertainment seen I saw.


    Lets be honest , there is NOTHING entertaining about this Presidency beyond SNL skits. The loss of life this year should nip the talk of that really. If it wasn't costing lives you may have some point to watch him dismantle the institution and pave a path for more harder President's ahead who will have more power etc. But when it comes to costing lives then...nope.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  8. #13268
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It was a laugh a minute watching him and his Administration screw up a Pandemic that has seen 200,000+ Americans dead. There was tons of entertainment seen I saw.


    Lets be honest , there is NOTHING entertaining about this Presidency beyond SNL skits. The loss of life this year should nip the talk of that really. If it wasn't costing lives you may have some point to watch him dismantle the institution and pave a path for more harder President's ahead who will have more power etc. But when it comes to costing lives then...nope.
    I can't agree. I find his speeches very funny. The names he comes up with for people are lol. He's the ultimate troll.

    Edit - As for Covid-19, it would have happened anyway plus the states determine a lot of the policies around such things. Did Trump make it worse, probably, did he cause it, no.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-20-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #13269
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    In any case, the Republicans have the (slight) advantage in early State voting in Florida (an exception but one important to note).

  10. #13270
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    In any case, Trump has the advantage in early State voting in Florida (an exception but one important to note).
    Last I heard Biden had the advantage in early Florida voting (slim but an advantage). Do you have a source (link)?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  11. #13271
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I can't agree. I find his speeches very funny. The names he comes up with for people are lol. He's the ultimate troll.

    Edit - As for Covid-19, it would have happened anyway plus the states determine a lot of the policies around such things. Did Trump make it worse, probably, did he cause it, no.
    Trump's inept inaction helped cause a big push of it and basically not following any steps his team was briefed on in coming in to handle a pandemic situation. He gets blame for damn sure on how bad its gotten. People love watching others get kicked in the balls , but its low brow humor that gets old...after awhile.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  12. #13272
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sorry, I can't say any more about this subject (I've been advised not to).

    I don't like him, I just find him funny and entertaining in a twisted sort of way.
    Yet you have no problem calling Ellen out on supposed moral failings? Interesting...

    Sounds more like you like chaos as long as it isn't hurting you. But it's Ellen's behavior that's the problem right?

  13. #13273
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump's inept inaction helped cause a big push of it and basically not following any steps his team was briefed on in coming in to handle a pandemic situation. He gets blame for damn sure on how bad its gotten. People love watching others get kicked in the balls , but its low brow humor that gets old...after awhile.
    Being brutally honest. I think why I like Trump is I feel he's the leader this country deserves for letting Dubya & co. escape unpunished. Half the country votes solidly Republican despite everything that party has done the last twenty plus years. Maybe this country isn't worth saving?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  14. #13274
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Last I heard Biden had the advantage in early Florida voting (slim but an advantage). Do you have a source (link)?
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...mpression=true

    Debate the accuracy yourself.

  15. #13275
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Yet you have no problem calling Ellen out on supposed moral failings? Interesting...

    Sounds more like you like chaos as long as it isn't hurting you. But it's Ellen's behavior that's the problem right?
    See my previous post before this one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •