Page 887 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 387787837877883884885886887888889890891897937987 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 18134
  1. #13291
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.
    That's the last thing America, Canada or any other country (neighbouring or not) needs. As bad as things seem now, at least there's a chance of things getting better.

  2. #13292
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    That's the last thing America, Canada or any other country (neighbouring or not) needs. As bad as things seem now, at least there's a chance of things getting better.
    It's fine! Since the US has it coming for some bad apples if anything happens to Canada because of this anyone could just say the bad voters in Canada made the reckoning necessary...

  3. #13293
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I am sure that will go well for Canada as well. More hurricanes for your models!
    Hahaha, it is what it is.

    "May you live in interesting times" was actually a Chinese saying and a curse.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  4. #13294
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    It's fine! Since the US has it coming for some bad apples if anything happens to Canada because of this anyone could just say the bad voters in Canada made the reckoning necessary...
    Well, there is Quebec and Alberta they sort of deserve it, I kid.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  5. #13295
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hahaha, it is what it is.

    "May you live in interesting times" was actually a Chinese saying and a curse.
    Yet you say this is all because you want things to get better. You must have a different idea of better than the rest of us. But I think that was obvious last week.


    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, there is Quebec and Alberta they sort of deserve it, I kid.
    I don't think you do.

  6. #13296
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    This, countries like the US when they hit hard times tend to flock behind the first person to make it go away, regardless of character.
    With America, the collapse of party politics and a system on that will lead in turn to military government of some kind. The odds of that happening are far stronger than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hahaha, it is what it is.

    "May you live in interesting times" was actually a Chinese saying and a curse.
    So now we are indulging in pidgin Orientalism. "May you live in interesting times" was a meme developed in the west and misattributed to the Chinese, it's not a real Chinese saying at all.

    I have grave doubts about your career as a pol.sci. expert if you don't even know this much and perpetrate stereotypes like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.
    That you can supply this reply so bloodlessly tells all of us here all that needs to be said about the kind of views you truly hold. For all my disagreements with Mr. Sobchak, I kind of do share his sentiments about nihilism.

    Sobchak Nihilists Meme.jpg

  7. #13297
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Yet you say this is all because you want things to get better. You must have a different idea of better than the rest of us. But I think that was obvious last week.
    Before things get better they often have to get worse. Japan and Western Europe had their best periods ever about twenty years after World War II. Destruction is often necessary for creation, take a forest fire for example that cleans out the old growth for new trees.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  8. #13298
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Before things get better they often have to get worse. Japan and Western Europe had their best periods ever about twenty years after World War II. Destruction is often necessary for creation, take a forest fire for example that cleans out the old growth for new trees.
    I think I am going to side with Jack on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

    That you can supply this reply so bloodlessly tells all of us here all that needs to be said about the kind of views you truly hold. For all my disagreements with Mr. Sobchak, I kind of do share his sentiments about nihilism.
    Last weeks banning for trolling was all the proof needed.

  9. #13299
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Before things get better they often have to get worse. Japan and Western Europe had their best periods ever about twenty years after World War II. Destruction is often necessary for creation, take a forest fire for example that cleans out the old growth for new trees.
    Of course a lot of times an out of control forest fire can destroy the very land for new trees.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  10. #13300
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,760

    Default

    I don't know why you guys even bother with them. Got banned for shit posting last week. Nuff said.
    Hey gang! Looking to sell of some of my TPB/HC collection. PM me if interested.
    Lots of Batman, Image and some Marvel. Lower 48 only, please.

  11. #13301
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don't know why you guys even bother with them. Got banned for shit posting last week. Nuff said.
    I couldn't let the moral grandstanding after such a thing go unanswered. Although in all likely it's just another form of what happened last week. But letting trumpism go unchallanged in such dangerous times is why we got into such times to begin with.

  12. #13302
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,668

    Default

    Please don't break the thread this close to the election ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #13303
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,668

    Default

    Trump just stormed out of his 60 minutes interview.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  14. #13304
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump just stormed out of his 60 minutes interview.
    On Twitter he's now trying to shame Stahl in the interview claiming how she didn't wear a mask to interview him. Its the most stupid bizarre deal and its to try and make the media look wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  15. #13305
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump just stormed out of his 60 minutes interview.
    Oh this i gotta see when I get home.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •