Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    LePierre needs to be in jail.
    Agreed. For reasons both grand and petty.

The timing of doing this prior to the weekend when domestic terrorists are talking about taking "2nd Amendment solutions" to every state's capitol and DC is dubious.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How long can a person be around a cult leader before they get pulled in themselves?
    One thing I feel we all underestimated is Trump's personal power.

When the 2016 campaign was underway, people talked as if Bannon was the real power behind the throne, and at different points people thought that Trump was a puppet for McConnell and Ryan and so on.

I am not saying that there aren't people who have Trump under control...people like Putin seemingly, but generally a lot of the motley collection of scumbags in the GOP and around Trump have not proven themselves more powerful than he is or proven capable of controlling him. McConnell decided to have Trump work on his agenda but far from making Trump in line with the party, he ended up compromising any leadership inside the GOP.

The truth is that Trump himself personally has proven dominant and domineering of people around him. So if there are SS agents around Trump and if they were the kind who were conservative or had some sort of personal or financial grievance, Trump probably wouldn't have had a hard time corrupting them to his will.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How long can a person be around a cult leader before they get pulled in themselves?
    Depends on what that cult leader is selling them and what is around there to counter it. Along with a willingness to listen to counterpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The timing of doing this prior to the weekend when domestic terrorists are talking about taking "2nd Amendment solutions" to every state's capitol and DC is dubious.
    They are trying to avoid the wrath of the NY AG, though I doubt they can do it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And I'm sure, wildly unintentional.

BANNED

Trump continues to be evil, and harmfully spite the nation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...zdb_CPT0ul_54I

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced this week that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

Now, health officials across the country who had anticipated their extremely limited vaccine supply as much as doubling beginning next week are confronting the reality that their allocations will remain largely flat, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding access for millions of elderly people and those with high-risk medical conditions. Health officials in some cities and states were informed in recent days about the reality of the situation, while others are still in the dark.

Because both of the vaccines authorized for emergency use in the United States are two-dose regimens, the Trump administration’s initial policy was to hold back second doses to protect against the possibility of manufacturing disruptions. But that approach shifted in recent weeks, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

These officials were told that Operation Warp Speed, which is overseeing the distribution of vaccines, stopped stockpiling second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the end of last year. The last shots held in reserve of Moderna’s supply, meanwhile, began shipping out over the weekend.

The shift, in both cases, had to do with increased confidence in the supply chain, so that Operation Warp Speed leaders felt they could reliably anticipate the availability of doses for booster shots — required three weeks later in the case of the Pfizer-BioNTech product and four weeks later under Moderna’s protocol.

But it also meant there was no stockpile of second doses waiting to be shipped, as Trump administration officials suggested this week. Azar, at a Tuesday briefing, said, “Because we now have a consistent pace of production, we can now ship all of the doses that had been held in physical reserve.” He explained the decision as part of the “next phase” of the nation’s vaccination campaign.

Those in line for their second shots are expected to get them on schedule since states are still getting regular vaccine shipments. But state and local officials say they are angry and bewildered by the shifting directions and changing explanations of supply.

The health director in Oregon, Patrick M. Allen, was so disturbed that he wrote Azar on Thursday demanding an explanation. “Earlier today, we became concerned when we discovered there were no additional doses available for allocation,” he said in the letter, which was reviewed by The Washington Post.

On a call with Perna earlier the same day, Allen wrote, the four-star Army general had “informed us there is no reserve of doses, and we are already receiving the full allocation of vaccines.”

“If true, this is extremely disturbing, and puts our plans to expand eligibility at grave risk,” Allen added. “Those plans were made on the basis of reliance on your statement about “releasing the entire supply” you have in reserve. If this information is accurate, we will be unable to begin vaccinating our vulnerable seniors on Jan. 23, as planned.”
    But the issue of supply was most troubling to state health officials.

“States were shocked and surprised that they did not see an increase in their allocations, and when they asked for explanations, some of them were told there was not a large stockpile of second doses to draw from,” said an official working with numerous states on vaccination planning who spoke on the condition of anonymity to recount sensitive conversations. “They thought they were getting more doses and they planned for more doses and opened up to 65 and up, thinking they were getting more.”

In an email that reached some state officials on Friday morning, Christopher Sharpsten, an Operation Warp Speed director, called it a “false rumor” that “the federal government was holding back vaccine doses in warehouses to guarantee a second/booster dose.”

But it had been Azar who said Tuesday that “we are releasing the entire supply we have for order by states, rather than holding second doses in physical reserve.”

There was additional confusion. Another change Azar announced this week — making allocation of doses dependent on how quickly states administer them — would not take effect for two weeks, he said.

But Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont (D) on Thursday tweeted that federal officials had notified the state that it would receive an additional 50,000 doses next week “as a reward for being among the fastest states” to get shots into arms. West Virginia, meanwhile, which is moving at the fastest clip based on CDC data, did not get any additional doses, said Holli Nelson, a spokeswoman for the state’s National Guard.

In a sign that the incentive structure may not be long-lived, a senior Biden transition official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to address ongoing deliberations, said this week the team did not look kindly on a system that “punishes states.”
    I will say one this is easily the most consequential (in either positive-negative sense) lame duck session in American history. Never before has an administration so thoroughly and hatefully devoted itself to destroying and breaking stuff for the new administration.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I hear that house members want to give him an award for what he did.

Lawmakers introduce bill to award Congressional Gold Medal to hero officer
    Yes, I've seen that and he deserves it for quick thinking and the courage to face those jerks alone. I also saw an interview on YouTube with the officer that was being crushed by getting stuck in a glass doorway. He said even before he got there he and those with him where getting beat with stuff by the mob. One part that I don't think is shown on the video of him being stuck is that one guy tried to gouge his eye.

I saw this on facebook, sorry I can't find the tweet to link.

"The fact that the Capitol was overrun and sacked yet there was no effort to evacuate the President from DC to a secure location tells you all you need to know about who launched the attack."

David Waldman-1, of Yorktown LLC™
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    One thing I feel we all underestimated is Trump's personal power.

When the 2016 campaign was underway, people talked as if Bannon was the real power behind the throne, and at different points people thought that Trump was a puppet for McConnell and Ryan and so on.

I am not saying that there aren't people who have Trump under control...people like Putin seemingly, but generally a lot of the motley collection of scumbags in the GOP and around Trump have not proven themselves more powerful than he is or proven capable of controlling him. McConnell decided to have Trump work on his agenda but far from making Trump in line with the party, he ended up compromising any leadership inside the GOP.

The truth is that Trump himself personally has proven dominant and domineering of people around him. So if there are SS agents around Trump and if they were the kind who were conservative or had some sort of personal or financial grievance, Trump probably wouldn't have had a hard time corrupting them to his will.
    I don't know Biden's rep inside the Secret Service, but HRC was loathed. Assignment to her was sometimes considered a punishment tour. I don't suggest that would be the only factor, but I could believe that it would prime an agent for seduction by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Trump continues to be evil, and harmfully spite the nation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...zdb_CPT0ul_54I

I will say one this is easily the most consequential (in either positive-negative sense) lame duck session in American history. Never before has an administration so thoroughly and hatefully devoted itself to destroying and breaking stuff for the new administration.
    This is Trump's M.O ....to be vindictive when he loses. But what excuse do these spineless lackeys have to go along with this?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-15-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I don't know Biden's rep inside the Secret Service, but HRC was loathed. Assignment to her was sometimes considered a punishment tour. I don't suggest that would be the only factor, but I could believe that it would prime an agent for seduction by Trump.
    Link isn't working. If the source is a book by Gary Byrne from 2016, there were some disputes about it's veracity by other Secret Service professionals.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-15-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Link isn't working. If the source is a book by Gary Byrne from 2016, there were some dispute about it's veracity by other Secret Service professionals.
    It was from a UK *******ph article with a really aggressive paywall. I believe Byrne was one of its sources.

Man: CBR has really decided it hates the word t-e-l-e-g-r-a-g-h

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It was from a UK *******ph article with a really aggressive paywall. I believe Byrne was one of its sources.

Man: CBR has really decided it hates the word t-e-l-e-g-r-a-g-h
    Isn't the *******ph one of UK's right wing newspapers (in my experience aside from The Times and The Guardian, most UK newspapers are garbage with even worse standards than USA).