Page 514 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1441446450451051151251351451551651751852456461410141514 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If anyone doesn't remember Joe Biden himself during primaries questioned Obama's lack of experience. That he was a 1st time senator and didn't have that experience. Obama wanted someone who had been around awhile with that experience and picked Biden. The relationship before had people question it...now the 2 are very close and Obama endorsed him from right after he won the nomination.
    I am shocked, SHOCKED that politics are being played during primaries.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Biden and Kamala appeared together for the first time as Democratic nominees. I’m always worried when Joe speaks but he did a good job here. He went on the attack against Trump and showed some toughness.

Kamala is such a great public speaker. It’s really great to have her on this ticket to balance out Biden. One of her digs at Trump when talking about the great economy that he inherited from the Obama/Biden administration, “like everything he’s inherited in his life, he drove it into the ground.” Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Wasnt she accused of prosecutorial overreach a while back?Seems like the exact oppostie of someone who would brimg in minortiy voters.Especially now.
    Pretty much the same way you have been accused of beating your wife, though.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Pretty much the same way you have been accused of beating your wife, though.
    Since she tried to accuse a judge of a conflict when she got called on a drug lab being an issue, and face planted when she did?

It's really not the same as that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Kamala Harris did NOT accuse Biden of being a racist. Why is this bs still being talked about as if it were true? Even Neil Cavuto had to correct that on Fox News and point it out.

Fox News Host Neil Cavuto Corrects Trump Campaign: Kamala Harris Never Called Biden ‘Racist’
    I find it interesting that the Kamala Harris pick is making people post those kinds of lies on this thread who, I think, have never posted on this thread before.

She got people nervous.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since she tried to accuse a judge of a conflict when she got called on a drug lab being an issue, and face planted when she did?

It's really not the same as that.
    You forgot to mention herbalife. You're slipping.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Kamala is such a great public speaker. It’s really great to have her on this ticket to balance out Biden. One of her digs at Trump when talking about the great economy that he inherited from the Obama/Biden administration, “like everything he’s inherited in his life, he drove it into the ground.” Haha
    I loved that too!

Here's hoping Biden wins in such a landslide that it'll be clear on November 4th that he has won the election. If that isn't the case expect all kinds of villainous nonsense about mail in voting creating a a false result and all that. God I'm sick of this ****!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

You forgot to mention herbalife. You're slipping.
    You'd rather not discuss that what you said isn't really how it is.

Noted.

I find it interesting that the Kamala Harris pick is making people post those kinds of lies on this thread who, I think, have never posted on this thread before.

She got people nervous.
    Or triggered. Or both nervous AND triggered.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Yeah.

I can understand why someone outside of the Progressive movement might view Bernie as "cult leader" with complete control over his base, but I've never seen it that way and I don't think it's ever been true.
    Which actually leads to more frustration from the DNC, because he's not able to get the base to tow the party line as effectively as they'd like.

I think that Warren having a moderate following is ultimately good for the Progressive movement, because it makes progressive ideas and goals more mainstream and less 'radical' to the public.

Hm.

Ultimately, I'm kinda glad some Progressives are upset, and not from a gloating sense.
    I've got a lot of sympathy for the [Progressive] Devil, because they're in a tough place.
    But I've no idea how they should mobilize their current frustration.

Both Parties work pretty hard to maintain their effective duopoly because they don't want to get Perot'ed or Nader'ed.
    The DNC's base is largely Liberal, which relegates Progressive goals to 'nice to haves'.
    Not to mention many Liberals will often condescend with lectures about compromise, when liberal views and candidates will undeniably be well-represented.
    (Maybe they won't get Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke with a lemon twist, but they'll get a Cherry Vanilla Coke.)

And if the lectures don't assuage the protestations, then comes the anger and accusations of 'aiding the enemy'.

So what should Progressives do?
    Try to topple the Two-Party system through sheer-numbers by abandoning the DNC and making a Third Party competitive?
    Or take the DNC and slowly move it even more leftward, kicking and screaming the entire way?

I have no idea.
    I know that Trump must fall, and that Biden/Harris is the best way to do it.
    But that doesn't offer a solution to the underlying Progressive dilemma.
    Honestly?

Just letting Trump do what he has been doing is probably the best way to get him to take the fall.

Honestly?

Just letting Trump do what he has been doing is probably the best way to get him to take the fall.
    Trump has a Battleship full of Bad Karma and yet, somehow, he keeps getting bailed out or finds some way to wriggle out of his messes. The weight of that has to catch up with him some day, when I have no idea.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ron Johnson says committee Republicans blocking Comey, Brennan subpoenas

Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Chair Ron Johnson suggested Wednesday that fellow Republicans on his committee were blocking him from subpoenaing former FBI Director James Comey, former CIA Director John Brennan and other figures involved in the investigation of President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign and its contacts with Russia — even though the panel gave him the unilateral power to do so in the spring.

"We had a number of my committee members that were highly concerned about how this looks politically," the Wisconsin GOP senator told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, who pressed Johnson to identify Republicans standing in the way of a wave of high-profile subpoenas.
    Screenshot_2020-08-12 Natasha Bertrand on Twitter this is kind of weird, because as kyledcheney .jpg

Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 08-12-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump has a Battleship full of Bad Karma and yet, somehow, he keeps getting bailed out or finds some way to wriggle out of his messes. The weight of that has to catch up with him some day, when I have no idea.
    It's tough to get bailed out of/wiggle out of that is is giving the base that he needs just to stay competitive about a million reasons not to back him.

I get that he has slipped out of a couple of pairs of cuffs thus far.

I'm just not so sure that his luck is going to hold.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Honestly?

I mean...

We got secret police, kids in cages, and 150,000 fellow citizens dead from the pandemic.
    Personally, I'm willing to risk misrepresentation, if it ensures that 45 is not re-elected.
    But that's my own personal choice.
    I see where you're coming from, and I sympathize.
    I just can't personally follow that rationale.

I'm not gonna tell you how to vote. You do you.
    Just make sure you're good with it.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

I want to remind everyone that Trump's pick killed thousands from AIDS. He's not on Trump's level of sowing death, but Pence is a Homophobic, Fundamentalist Fascist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!