Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I thought Jenner bowed out?
    As far as I know, she's still in the race.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, between Elder and Caitlyn Jenner, the governor's race in California figures to be a straight up clown show. Hopefully, those morons won't be taken seriously as candidates and flame out early.
    Polls consistently show Jenner behind other Republicans including businessman John Cox (the 2018 nominee) and former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I thought Jenner bowed out?
    Jenner's taking a break to film Big Brother Celebrity Edition, but she still seems to be in the race, although this does highlight that she might not take the race very seriously.

https://www.newsweek.com/caitlyn-jen...s-show-1611398
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Jenner's taking a break to film Big Brother Celebrity Edition, but she still seems to be in the race, although this does highlight that she might not take the race very seriously.

https://www.newsweek.com/caitlyn-jen...s-show-1611398
    Ah, okay. The headlines of that was probably what made me thing she employed some common sense. My bad

White City Council Member in Alabama Shocks Meeting With Racial Slur: ‘Do We Have A House N***** In Here?’

According to a report Tuesday in the state-focused website Bama Politics, councilman Tommy Bryant, 76, stood up and loudly asked: “Do we have a house n***** in here?”
    Bryant could be heard making the outburst during an exchange with Tarrant’s first Black mayor, 41-year-old Wayman Newton, over some of Bryant’s wife’s racially-provocative comments on Facebook.

The video that the City of Tarrant posted to its Facebook page backs up this account.

Bryant’s shocking statement, which drew gasps from others present at the meeting, came right after someone in the audience accused Bryant’s wife of also using the slur on Facebook, according to the Bama Politics report.
    https://lawandcrime.com/politics/whi...use-n-in-here/

Revealed: assistant attorney general in Alaska posted racist and antisemitic tweets

The Guardian has identified an Alaska assistant attorney general as a supporter of the Mormon-derived extremist group the Deseret nationalists who has posted a series of racist, antisemitic and homophobic messages on social media.

The Guardian’s investigation has triggered a review in the Alaska department of law, where the lawyer works.
    Matthias Cicotte, whose job means he works as the chief corrections counsel for Alaska’s attorney general, has acted for the department of law in a number of civil rights cases.

But evidence from his Twitter output allowed Cicotte to be identified by anti-fascist researchers, whose evidence was confirmed and augmented by a Guardian investigation.

After the department was presented with the information last week, Alaska’s deputy attorney general, Cori Mills, wrote in a statement shared with the Guardian: “The department of law takes the allegations raised here seriously, and we uphold the dignity and respect of all individuals and ask that all of our employees do the same.”

Mills added: “Having just learned about this late last week, we are gathering information and conducting a review. Since this involves personnel issues, we are very limited in our ability to comment further.”

Matthias Cicotte did not respond to repeated requests for comment.
    Since-deleted tweets archived by anti-fascists reveal that he advocated various extreme positions including the summary imprisonment of Black Lives Matter protesters; vigilante violence against leftwing groups; and a punishment of execution for acts including performing gender reassignment surgery.

The JReubenCIark account was also one of the earliest and most prominent accounts to promote Deseret nationalism on Twitter using hashtags like #DeseretNationalism and #DezNat.

Deseret nationalists or DezNats are a loose association of rightwing Mormons. Previously they have been noted for harassing perceived enemies online, such as progressive Mormons, LGBTQ Mormons, former Mormons and political progressives.

Some who identify with the movement wish to recreate Deseret, the region which is now much of the interior of the western United States, which Mormons sought to have admitted to the union, and effectively ruled between 1862 and 1870.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    White City Council Member in Alabama Shocks Meeting With Racial Slur: ‘Do We Have A House N***** In Here?’

https://lawandcrime.com/politics/whi...use-n-in-here/
    In both cases, beyond disgusting!

Pelosi rejects appointment of Republican Reps. Jordan and Banks to January 6 select committee

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi released a statement rejecting the recommendation to appoint Republicans Rep. Jim Jordan and Rep. Jim Banks to the January 6 select committee. NBC's Garrett Haake has details.
    NEW: Kevin McCarthy has informed the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that he will pull all of his selections to the 1/6 Committee after Pelosi rejected his picks of Banks and Jordan.

Pelosi rejects GOP's Banks, Jordan for Jan. 6 select committee, saying they may jeopardize 'integrity of the investigation'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has rejected two of Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) picks to serve on the Jan. 6 select committee, citing that the outspoken Republicans may jeopardize “the integrity of the investigation.”

McCarthy announced Monday that he would recommend Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Republican Study Committee Chairman Jim Banks (R-Ind.), noting that the two Republicans and three others represent an array of viewpoints and opinions. Both Jordan and Banks voted against certifying the election of President Biden.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-21-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Radical Mormans. I for one didn’t see that coming.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Good for Pelosi. Jordan in particular would've turned the commission into a clown show.
    I hope Nancy defends the decision to remove him with something along the lines of 'Well, he's just not that observant'

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's a pretty clear indicator that those brainless twits have their talking points written from up on high in the network, given interviews with previous employees who have left and discussed how they invent a narrative and buzzwords and are asked to work it in to each show's broadcast. There's a whole documentary about it... and this was in 2004, before they truly went off the rails from '06 through '09 when the left started to rise, and then how they drove their viewers crazier and crazier from about 2012 on.

That documentary didn't even begin to touch on Roger Ailes' treatment of women at the top of Fox News.
    I have that documentary somewhere in my house. Probably boxed up with all my DVD's.

McCarthy is giving a press conference now about pulling all of his picks for the committee, probably spewing the same old BS he usually does. I don't know, I keep it muted when Republicans are on the screen. And of course Gym Jordan couldn't find his damn suit coat.

Good for Pelosi. Jordan in particular would've turned the commission into a clown show.
    The Republicans are on TV now yelling and screaming about Nancy Pelosi's decision.

They are so childish. If we can't play my way, I'm taking my ball and going home.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-21-2021 at 11:17 AM.

McCarthy apparently called Pelosi a 'Lame Duck Speaker', and I think said they will run their own investigation.

Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    McCarthy apparently called Pelosi a 'Lame Duck Speaker', and I think said they will run their own investigation.

Jesus Christ...
    So, Qpublicans will run their own investigation and hold those evil BLM and Antifa scumbags responsible for what happened, eh? Now THAT will be a first class farce.

So, Qpublicans will run their own investigation and hold those evil BLM and Antifa scumbags responsible for what happened, eh? Now THAT will be a first class farce.
    They... uh... can't.

Also, Pelosi already named Liz Cheney, a Republican as one of her picks.

Ergo, it's bipartisan. And goes forward.

McCarthy's an idiot. By not naming some Republicans who would at least would pretend to take it seriously, Pelosi said, "Try again, try harder" and he just gave up and will let it go forward with next to no interference and Cheney there for credibility.

I reiterate, McCarthy is an idiot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.