Page 203 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1031531931992002012022032042052062072132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So....race war or civil war ? I'm thinking Civil War.
    Just vote Republicans out of office and prosecute the criminals so Republicans know they will be held accountable for their crimes.

Trump's way is division and talk of war -- never forget that's exactly what many of his white supremacist/nationalist followers want as well.

The best way to render them ineffective is through legal means and then to keep Republicans from the reins of power.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So....race war or civil war ? I'm thinking Civil War.
    That's not an "or" question.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Just vote Republicans out of office and prosecute the criminals so Republicans know they will be held accountable for their crimes.

Trump's way is division and talk of war -- never forget that's exactly what many of his white supremacist/nationalist followers want as well.

The best way to render them ineffective is through legal means and then to keep Republicans from the reins of power.
    I dont think a votes even going to happen tbh. Way things are accelerating he may make a coup attempt for dictatorship.

I dont think a votes even going to happen tbh. Way things are accelerating he may make a coup attempt for dictatorship.
    Lol.

I doubt if you’d venture a tenner bet on that...I’d be less surprised if Aliens landed In Ireland.

Genuine question on why you think voting for the democrats, Joe Biden, in particular will yield different results? In my lifetime alone, the democrats had 16 years of a leader in office and very little seems to be changed. Republicans and Democrats are two wings on the same bird.
    Again, I am not a republican and do not support Trump.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-05-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

One army of police officers actually pushed an old man onto the ground and started bleeding from his head. One seemed to try to help him up, but was redirected: https://mobile.twitter.com/PhillyD/s...27223923535872

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Genuine question on why you think voting for the democrats, Joe Biden, in particular will yield different results? In my lifetime alone, the democrats had 16 years of a leader in office and very little seems to be changed. In fact, Joe Biden and Bill Clinton had horrible policies in the 90s against minorities. Republicans and Democrats are two wings on the same bird.
    I notice you avoid any mention of Obama, of those black people who supported the Crime Bill, and that Clinton didn't try to actively suppress black voters.

No political party is perfect but it's been made abundantly clear over the past few decades which one at least makes the effort to address these issues.

The Republicans party actively attacks, suppresses and violates the rights of "minority" Americans while their supporters feign ignorance.

"Both sides" arguments only work when you willfully ignore the truth about the Republican party.

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/

Even if your argument is based solely on the economy and general peace and prosperity, Democrats are still the better option.

----
    "The former senator and Secretary of State said last fall in New Hampshire: “I know it’s inconvenient for our Republican friends, but the facts do speak for themselves…. Economic growth is stronger under Democratic presidents. Unemployment is lower. The stock market rises faster. Businesses do better, and deficits are smaller.

And one of my favorite inconvenient facts is, under Republicans, recessions happen four times as frequently as under Democrats.”

Focusing on her observation about recessions, Politifact grudgingly found it true. Because experts said this correlation didn’t mean there is a causal relationship based on which party POTUS is from, the website gritted its pixelated teeth and said, “Clinton is right on the numbers, but her claim needs additional information to put its implication into the proper context. We rate her claim Mostly True.”

I’ll take “right on the numbers” any day. And there’s a reason Hillary is right on the numbers. As Politifact noted, she based her statement on a compelling 2013 study by two Princeton professors.

Professors Alan Blinder, now an advisor to the Clinton campaign, and Mark Watson came to this stark conclusion: “The U.S. economy has performed better when the president of the United States is a Democrat rather than a Republican, almost regardless of how one measures performance.

For many measures, including real GDP growth (on which we concentrate), the performance gap is both large and statistically significant, despite the fact that postwar history includes only 16 presidential terms.

Yes, I’ll take “right on the numbers” any day. And I’d like to hear more of it.

Another Princeton economist, the noted liberal Nobel laureate Paul Krugman, wrote in his New York Times column that Blinder and Watson looked at various explanations and “found all of them wanting. There’s no indication that the Democratic advantage can be explained by better monetary and fiscal policies. Democrats seem, on average, to have had better luck than Republicans on oil prices and technological progress.”

Luck, is it? At a certain point, I’ll take geopolitical luck if that’s what it is—spanning 16 presidential terms. To quote another historic baseball figure, I’d rather be lucky than good."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump touts surprise job gains, calls on states to end coronavirus lockdowns

When last I checked, 40 million people, that's FORTY MILLION lost their jobs since coronavirus struck, and that assclown had the nerve to preen like a peacock and take a victory lap after just 2.5 million came back? Are you kidding me?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Exclamation

While I said I would not post here again until after the General Election, I want to share the below video:

I love this guy. He's one of my favorite Youtube (genuine) experts -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Genuine question on why you think voting for the democrats, Joe Biden, in particular will yield different results? In my lifetime alone, the democrats had 16 years of a leader in office and very little seems to be changed. In fact, Joe Biden and Bill Clinton had horrible policies in the 90s against minorities. Republicans and Democrats are two wings on the same bird.
    It's sort of a common theme in mass popular movements that once you start peeling back the onion of injustice and inequality, you find that more and more of the people who you thought were on your side were actually part of the problem all along. Of course this means that these movements tend to quickly lose cohesion and devolve into infighting and carnage, which is the main reason why oligarchic systems remain in power despite their clearly self-contradictory nature.

Genuine question on why you think voting for the democrats, Joe Biden, in particular will yield different results? In my lifetime alone, the democrats had 16 years of a leader in office and very little seems to be changed. Republicans and Democrats are two wings on the same bird.
    The thing is either Biden or Trump will be president. There's no viable option C at this point.

At worst, you choose the lesser of 2 evils whomever that may be. To not vote against the one you dislike more means effectively supporting that person. Unless you genuinely disagree with both equally... in which case you're pretty screwed. No way around that.

I notice you avoid any mention of Obama, of those black people who supported the Crime Bill, and that Clinton didn't try to actively suppress black voters.

No political party is perfect but it's been made abundantly clear over the past few decades which one at least makes the effort to address these issues.

The Republicans party actively attacks, suppresses and violates the rights of "minority" Americans while their supporters feign ignorance.

"Both sides" arguments only work when you willfully ignore the truth about the Republican party.

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/
    You are correct on the track record of the republican party. But the larger issue is the two party duopoly that works to suppress all of our voices and is to blame for much of the problems we have in our society. Again, in my lifetime it has not mattered if it has been the Republicans in charge or the democrats in charge nothing has changed for the better and each party leaves with disastrous issues left upon the American people.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump touts surprise job gains, calls on states to end coronavirus lockdowns

When last I checked, 40 million people, that's FORTY MILLION lost their jobs since coronavirus struck, and that assclown had the nerve to preen like a peacock and take a victory lap after just 2.5 million came back? Are you kidding me?
    His victory celebration is definately premature. We have a long ways to go.

That said, I do agree with him about ending the lockdowns. People aren't following social distancing anyways because of the protests, so people might as well be allowed to get back to work.

Ultimate Member

You are correct on the track record of the republican party. But the larger issue is the two party duopoly that works to suppress all of our voices and is to blame for much of the problems we have in our society.
    That's your "larger issue" -- made clear by the fact that you completely ignored the hundreds of civil rights rollbacks I linked to in my post.

Further confirming what I said earlier about how some people don't really care about "minorities" outside of using them as political attacks on others.

I saw Clinton, Obama, Biden and Hillary all make efforts to "progress" while Republicans repeatedly obstructed them -- just as they are today.

That said -- you can ignore what you want to ignore but I won't make that same mistake.

Especially when it leads to people like Trump running this country.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Who the @#$% are Pookie and Ray Ray? Come on, man.
    You know the show Mama's family where the lead will bring up some really random relative with the dumbest stereotype name, "my cousin Betty lou Calhoun ", it's the same thing here for President Obama. Only he has the random realituves as Pookie, Ray Ray, and Uncle Jethro. The names are designed to probably evoke the connection to slackers from old 60s/70s tv series (Goodtimes) for example who are too busy trying to be cool to think of voting. Uncle Jethro is supposed to be that old uncle from the south that doesn't think his vote matters in the long run. The idea is you drag these types to the polls and get them to see their votes count.

Uncle Jethro is from Beverly Hillbillies, he's a reference to him.

Ray Ray or cousin Raymond is from Goodtimes.

Pookie I think is one of JJs friends from said show.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 06-05-2020 at 10:12 AM.