Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Aw, Conservatives. The information of No information. "It's a fact because we want it to be".
    Ironically, they use the phrase "facts over feelings" when they disseminate their misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Actor Jim Caviezel is a Qanon lunatic.

https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status...2F100215345989
    I looked him up and learned he was also in Passion of the Christ. It's likely just a coincidence but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I looked him up and learned he was also in Passion of the Christ. It's likely just a coincidence but still.
    The fact that Gibson is also a Christo-fascist right wing racist nut job would say it probably wasn't a coincidence.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There are tons of Republicans and Q people who are saying the verdict was decided before hand. I have heard many people say the Jurors were told before hand that anything but a guilty verdict one the most serious charge would not be accepted and that he has to be thrown to the wolves for the sake of Racal unity no matter how they feel. There have even been a couple people on Fox news float this around.
    There are popular You Tube "political" commenters who have been saying the the same thing. BLM and Antifa will riot and everyone is afraid. They actually have little to say about Jan 6th or any of the racial attacks or mass shootings that have occurred in the last couple of months...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I think Fauchi is high on power and fame but responsible for COVID's creation? I agree thats farfetched, although it is concerning that the World Health Organization chose not to look into the origin of the virus. Something is being covered which is scary.
    This post is pretty much nonsense. Fauci isn't high on 'power and fame'. The dude has overseen a pandemic to which the response was botched so badly that 500,000 Americans are needlessly dead. I'm pretty sure he'd rather be anywhere than where he is right now, having to defend basic scientific principles in face of red-faced Republicans screaming about your 'liberty' to die on a ventilator.

The WHO certainly did not 'choose not to look into the origin'. Here's how I know that:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ip/7054184002/

The WHO issued a report ON the origin of the corona virus not too long ago which clocks in at 120 pages.

The World Health Organization released a report Tuesday detailing the findings of its review into the origins of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

The report is the result of a trip to China taken by a 17-person WHO team from Jan. 14 to Feb. 10. The team collaborated with an equal number of Chinese scientists to explore genetic, epidemiological and animal data from the earliest known days of what became a pandemic.

The 120-page report, produced by the WHO team, offered four possible origin stories for the SARS-CoV-2 virus – ranging from a lab leak to a jump from animals to humans. Rather than offering firm conclusions, it called for further investigation.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-17-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Republicans continuing to do their level best to lock in their power through legalism.
    Idaho Gov. Brad Little (R) signed a bill on Saturday that would make it harder for voters to get initiatives on the ballot.

Little signed Senate Bill 110 on Saturday, which establishes that signatures from six percent of voters in the state's 35 legislative districts are needed to get an initiative on the ballot.

Prior to the law's signing, six percent of voters in at least 18 legislative districts were needed.

The measure took effect immediately upon Little's signature.

In a transmittal letter explaining his decision to sign, Little explained that "Idaho has an important interest in ensuring that our ballots are not cluttered with initiatives that have not demonstrated sufficient grassroots support."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Backlash to Trashy-Greene's racist caucus...from Qpublicans? Say it ain't so! I'm shocked!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Backlash to Trashy-Greene's racist caucus...from Qpublicans? Say it ain't so! I'm shocked!
    Shame. We never even really got into the talk that the white nationalist caucus' logo was literally a bastardization of George Washington made to look more like Donald Trump.

But hey, I guess Trump being on a white nationalist's group's logo is on the nose.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Shame. We never even really got into the talk that the white nationalist caucus' logo was literally a bastardization of George Washington made to look more like Donald Trump.

But hey, I guess Trump being on a white nationalist's group's logo is on the nose.
    Damn! I didn't notice that at first, but, upon further review, yeah, I do see the resemblance. No way in hell that was a coincidence, given how much Trashy-Greene has been slurping Trump.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 5.47.59 AM.jpg
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It was on this date in 2015 that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” had a profile of Kim Lehman, a former Republican National Committee member who in 2010, called for Americans to rise up in armed revolt as courts began to uphold same sex marriages. She would later also start ranting on social media about how President Obama was secretly Muslim, and when Politico reported her claims, and debunked them, she accused the media of participating in a cover up of Obama’s true faith and allegiances. The Republican Party then tried forcing her to resign prior to their 2012 National Convention, but she refused, sticking around to help write the party platform, and then bragging to the media about how she personally had made sure it included mentions of the dreaded Agenda 21, thus confirming she was a nutty conspiracy theorist, in case there was still any doubt that she deserved to be shown the door.

In 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented its original profile of the U.S. House Representative from Pennsylvania’s 12th Congressional District, Tom Marino. During the Bush administration back in 2007, Marino was elevated to be the U.S. Attorney in Pennsylvania’s Middle District, but he resigned while under investigation for ethics violations. After that, Marino spent three years working as a six-figure lawyer at a private practice, and then like many of the chuckleheads that we’ve covered at CSGOPOTD he was elected in 2010, in the Tea Party Wave. Maybe someone should have paid attention to the fact that Tom Marino’s as dumb as a post when it comes to a great many things. For starters, geography. You see, back in his first 90 days in office, Marino decided to criticize the Obama administration’s strategy in Libya, asking, “Is there a plan? Is the mission to take Gadhafi out? Where does it stop? Do we go into Africa next? " which indicates he’s not aware that Libya is actually in Africa. What made that statement even more sad for our country was that Marino was placed by Republican House leadership on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, which is a great place for a guy who doesn’t know where the foreign countries actually are. Where Tom Marino really stands out, however, is how much he loved, LOVED to talk about impeachment. However, he doesn’t seem to understand how that works, or who it is that can be impeached. The first instance where he did so was back in February of 2013, when he was talking about impeaching Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, for… reasons. (Where he’s a bit off…Senators don’t get impeached. They can be expelled, however, by a 2/3 majority vote.) A few months later, in July 2013, after President Obama announced he wanted to delay the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (which supposedly the GOP wanted so they could try to repeal it before it took effect), Marino again seemed to stumble with the concept of how impeachment worked, talking about indicting Obama for his decision, comparing it to Watergate. (Again, Rep. Marino is not just a lawyer, but a former U.S. Attorney, albeit a Bush administration appointee, who doesn’t seem to know that that’s in no way a crime, let alone an impeachable offense.) Marino called for the impeachment of both President Obama AND Attorney General Eric Holder in February of 2015, insisting that HE wasn’t talking about impeachment, he just kept hearing questions about it at town halls. He then proceeded to talk about how both men were “approaching impeachment” because they were not “enforcing the laws”. He gave no specific laws, that he would have a case for impeachment hearings, of course. Mind you, Marino imagined a lot of wrongdoing by Obama and Holder, though, to be sure, like when in January of 2015, when he accused them of using the Justice Department to illegally fund “activist groups”. And he of course, provided no evidence of that.

But, in our introduction to Tom Marino, we are proud to include his most partisan and cowardly moment in his three terms in office, from August of 2014. Republicans were in lockstep, campaigning hard on two issues in the mid-term elections… fears about Ebola Virus, and of course, anti-immigrant sentiment. And as debate in the House over immigration reform and how to help migrant children from South America being detained was ongoing, Tom Marino took to the House floor, and laid the blame solely on… Nancy Pelosi? It seems that in the warped mind of Marino, it was not Republicans in the House and Senate voting against immigration reform at every opportunity who were responsible for the DREAM Act not passing, nor was it House Speaker John Boehner blocking later versions of the bill from coming up for a vote for almost two years. By not getting her entire caucus to work together to pass EVERYTHING they wanted, including that legislation, she was at fault. Well, unfortunately for Rep. Marino… Nancy Pelosi was in the room, and she went right after him for invoking her name in such a manner, yelling at him and calling him a liar, as he retreated from her up the aisle like a coward. After the incident, Pelosi’s aides reported she received an apology, Marino of course denied it, and said Pelosi is “a prime example of why we need term limits”.

When last we left Rep. Tom Marino, he was sucking up to the Trump administration, hoping for an appointment to be the drug czar for it, and combat the opioid crisis. There’s just one problem with that… he withdrew his name from the running in shame after an investigation by The Washington Post and "60 Minutes” detailed his years-long efforts to pass a law that critics say allowed the drug industry to profit off people addicted to opioids. Can you believe that? Donald Trump wanted to nominate someone to a post who was revealed to have a financial interest in not just failing to do the job, but a track record of profiting by working against the mission statement of that position? THE HELL YOU SAY. (Also, the latest ethical lapse from Marino). instead, Tom Marino ran for a fifth term in Congress in 2018. He won the election with 66% of the vote, mostly because of the partisan lean gave a +11 Republican advantage. However, about two and a half weeks into the new session of Congress, Tom Marino resigned to go take a job in the public sector, likely enraged at the prospect of operating as a member of the minority party in the House.

On this date in 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” first profiled Hardy Billington, a member of the Missouri House of Representatives first elected in 2018, after an initial failed campaign for office in the Tea Party Wave of 2010. This was of concern to many because of Billington’s rabidly homophobic views, including his belief that “homosexuality is more dangerous to a person’s health than smoking”. That was the most striking of many statements in a 2012 newspaper ad that Billington took out, where he advised “tough love” to be used against the gay community, writing, "We are encouraging and affirming individuals into the 'gay' lifestyle. If you truly love someone, you would steer them away from self-destructive behaviors, shouldn't you? Homosexuals need our tough love, not blind love. It continued that there was "study after study" that showed a pattern where being gay cuts life expectancy by nearly three decades. The newspaper noted alongside the ad that Billington and other politicians had tied "outdated" HIV studies to the cancer risks of smoking in order to show the "gay lifestyle" was more dangerous for one's health, and it was bunk. Billington of course, also wrote a book in 2004 where he raged against the concept of same-sex marriage, including a passage where he called gays “Sodomites”, and that their “sins are much worse than other sins” because ”they cannot reproduce and thus must recruit.

Billington has publicly feuded with Democratic legislator Greg Razer, who is openly gay, as he continues to push for “religious freedom” legislation that in effect, is just theocratic nonsense, and also unsurprisingly has voted to ban abortion if/when Roe v. Wade is overturned in Missouri.

Hardy Billington represents District 152 of the Missouri House of Representatives, it leans highly conservative, and Missouri Republicans were content to let this bigoted twit run for office unopposed in 2020. We’re likely going to be discussing his annual exploits until he faces term limits, which will be in… 2026? F***ing hell. And Billington has used his place in the legislature to try and do some good in 2020 for the people of Missouri during a pandemi- JUST KIDDING, he filed a bill to declare honor fellow homophobe Rush Limbaugh with his own holiday in Missouri.

Most likely, some of their corporate donors threatened to cut them off if they didn't stop supporting these lunatics.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Damn! I didn't notice that at first, but, upon further review, yeah, I do see the resemblance. No way in hell that was a coincidence, given how much Trashy-Greene has been slurping Trump.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 5.47.59 AM.jpg
    I noticed it, too. However, wouldn't a mash-up of Trump and Andrew Jackson have been more appropriate and more on-the-nose?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

These "red flags" I guess are more reminiscent to the ones in the 50's or earlier than most others today by far, and thus more recognizable/alarming to old dog Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    There are popular You Tube "political" commenters who have been saying the the same thing. BLM and Antifa will riot and everyone is afraid. They actually have little to say about Jan 6th or any of the racial attacks or mass shootings that have occurred in the last couple of months...
    They are right about everyone being afraid. The city is even still recovering from the damage down when everything popped off last year; the lockdown from Covid I'm sure unfortunately slowed that recovery down. The one-two punch of the damage from the arson and riots, then economic impact of Covid costing so many jobs has also seen crime skyrocket ... Daunte Wright's murder already tipped the scales into unrest. But I have little doubt that the reason they were able to deploy the national guard so quickly for all of that is because they were already prepared for rioting over the Chauvin trial.

But like I said before, everyone would not be on edge, and we would not already have the Guard deployed in our streets ... just hanging out in armored vehicles and full gear, all day, meanwhile the city shuts down in unofficial curfew every night, following the officially mandated curfew nights ... if there was any kind of faith Chauvin will not be acquitted. The prosecution made a strong case, and I was momentarily reassured to see police testifying against Chauvin. Unfortunately, if anything actually was decided beforehand, it's that cops can all too easily get away with literal murder, even when it is caught on camera.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine