Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    What's she trying to impeach him for? I hope it's something funny.
    Allowing Hunter to have a job while he was VP.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Doesn't have to be a binary.
    Yah, you're right

Astonishing Member

I actually read somewhere that younger people in Japan were more likely to be supporters of Trump than older people. Which is the exact opposite of the US.

And the lady at the 8:00 mark making a point about Trump’s economic achievements and the economic growth gets an automatic,” huh?” from me. What major economic accomplish did Trump make? The economy was in good shape left by him by his predecessor whom he denigrated for years and casting doubt of his citizenship. What real economic growth happen under Trump?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-21-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    What's she trying to impeach him for? I hope it's something funny.
    She may think he helped stage the Parkland shooting, which she viewed as a false flag.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/r...-hoax-11812031

Biden was a private citizen at the time, but I don't think that matters to her.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I actually read somewhere that younger people in Japan were more likely to be supporters of Trump than older people. Which is the exact opposite of the US.
    Japan's politics have gone in a very right wing direction under Shinzo Abe, and Trump posed as tough on China which the Japanese like because they think they can recover their mojo from the '80s when they had this booming economy that led Americans to fear (xenophobically) they'll take over, and so on. But then the '90s happened, and China took off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She may think he helped stage the Parkland shooting, which she viewed as a false flag.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/r...-hoax-11812031

Biden was a private citizen at the time, but I don't think that matters to her.
    She also thinks 9/11 was an inside job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

And the lady at the 8:00 mark making a point about Trump’s economic achievements and the economic growth gets an automatic,” huh?” from me. What major economic accomplish did Trump make? The economy was in good shape left by him by his predecessor whom he denigrated for years and casting doubt of his citizenship. What real economic growth happen under Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Japan's politics have gone in a very right wing direction under Shinzo Abe, and Trump posed as tough on China which the Japanese like because they think they can recover their mojo from the '80s when they had this booming economy that led Americans to fear (xenophobically) they'll take over, and so on. But then the '90s happened, and China took off.
    All Politics are local. The US can't assume our socio-cultural-economic motives synch with anybody elses.

I know Americans are ill-equiped to think that way, but - especially after the recent EU decision on Chinese Relations - we damned well better get used to it.

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I almost feel bad for Trump.

No, not at all actually.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Money talks and BS walks.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    She also thinks 9/11 was an inside job.
    Well, of course she does. Sheesh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    All Politics are local. The US can't assume our socio-cultural-economic motives synch with anybody elses.
    They don't entirely synch with Americans as it is.

DeGaulle said, "Nations don't have friends, only interests."

And some of Trump's actions are in the interests of democracies like Japan and Taiwan, the former governed by a very right-wing administration, the latter by a social democrat.

None of this is exceptional or to Trump's credit of course, merely natural politics.

Geopolitically, Trump's basically compromised the Transatlantic realtionship to the extent that the EU does deals with China independent of Washington, and that raises China's profile and Xi Jinping's sense of impunity. The trade war with China was a huge failure and now Taiwan is in great danger of being absorbed by China.

The result is that some of Pompeo's moves in his last month, like sending a US ambassador to Taiwan, recognizing the Uighur persecution as genocide, have now become necessary thanks to the conditions created by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Allowing Hunter to have a job while he was VP.
    Which the GOP Senate investigated, and inadvertently proved there was no criminality or malfeasance months ago. Not from a lack of the dumbest man in the Senate, Ron Johnson, from trying.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I just realized that the GOP were like, "WE HAVE OUR OWN VERSION OF THE SQUAD NOW! LOOKIT THESE FRESH YOUNG FACES!"

Those folks in their "new blood"? The 2020 "Young Guns"? Boebert, Greene, Cawthorne are three of them. Like, the majority of the Squad the GOP just got are likely going to get expelled for sedition.

Meanwhile, they're trying to push Liz Cheney out the door. There are fewer an fewer women in the GOP caucus and the ones they're ushering in may as well be using a revolving door because they're too stupid to not try to overthrow the government if they can't control all three branches of it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.