A pardon is superfluous. Hawley and Cruz are facing expulsion or at least censure in the Senate, and maybe Civil lawsuits, not criminal charges. A pardon does nothing for those. And if they accepted a pardon, that is an admission of guilt.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A pardon is superfluous. Hawley and Cruz are facing expulsion or at least censure in the Senate, and maybe Civil lawsuits, not criminal charges. A pardon does nothing for those. And if they accepted a pardon, that is an admission of guilt.
    Yeah, I mean at this point, a pardon won't be helping anyone, and in the cases of Tweedledee and Tweedledum, it would sink them unless they have the insight to reject it.

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Trump’s farewell address.

Help with something, you can't preemptively pardon someone right? A pardon is not an expungement either if I understand it correctly also.
    How can the news keep speculating on who Trump may pardon if those haven't been charged with anything yet?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

He was doing so well till the "China Virus" and then it went off the rails.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Help with something, you can't preemptively pardon someone right? A pardon is not an expungement either if I understand it correctly also.
    How can the news keep speculating on who Trump may pardon if those haven't been charged with anything yet?
    Well that's the rub. The pardon was never meant to answer questions like this (and to be frank, the pardon power as currently instituted in America probably ought to be overhauled anyway).

People who have argued this say that pre-emptive pardons is something that might trigger a challenge to the court, and that the only way to get clemency is for Trump to go on record to admit specific crimes but if he does that he's liable for civil suits and also state laws.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The world right now is on stand by....will THE TIGER KING be getting a pardon ? Will we see Joe Exotic go free ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The world right now is on stand by....will THE TIGER KING be getting a pardon ? Will we see Joe Exotic go free ?
    Well dude's a white supremacist and those are Trump's people, so maybe? It amazed me that so many people fell for that TV show which downplayed (as Hollywood tends to do) the white supremacy of the subject.

I'm not watching it, but just seeing the words "Farewell address" make it very real in a way it hasn't been.

It literally felt like this garbage was never going to end. Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    A ban of pre-emptive pardons applies to someone who hasn't committed a crime yet. Joe Biden can't announce tomorrow that he'll pardon whoever runs over Josh Hawley.

Pardons can be done for people who have done something in the past, but haven't been charged for it yet.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well that's the rub. The pardon was never meant to answer questions like this (and to be frank, the pardon power as currently instituted in America probably ought to be overhauled anyway).

People who have argued this say that pre-emptive pardons is something that might trigger a challenge to the court, and that the only way to get clemency is for Trump to go on record to admit specific crimes but if he does that he's liable for civil suits and also state laws.
    There is legal precedent for revoking them, though.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well dude's a white supremacist and those are Trump's people, so maybe? It amazed me that so many people fell for that TV show which downplayed (as Hollywood tends to do) the white supremacy of the subject.
    I never saw the show on Netflix. I just saw the crazy youtube videos at times. Like the one announcing he was running for President back in 2016. And that was my 1st time ever seeing Joe Exotic as I thought it was someone playing a character for laughs on YT.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Terrible and full of lies as always.
    -- I have to ask where did this "greatest economy the world has ever seen" nonsense originate from? He's said it several times during the campaign but it's so over the top and unmoored from reality that it makes no sense. I mean historically the height of America's economy was the post-war boom from 1945-46 all the way to Stagflation in the mid-70s, it's a height America has never regained since. And that period was the pinnacle of the economy in the Western World, in America, England, France, Italy and Germany where states approached full employment.
    -- He doesn't once acknowledge that Joe Biden was the legitimate winner of the 2020 election or mention him or apologize for his lies.
    -- The claim that his is the first administration that hasn't started any new wars is misleading...technically Obama didn't start any new wars, he just managed the ones that W. already started (Afghanistan, Iraq) and W's wars are still ongoing with US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan without any real end or sign of stability, and indeed with basically the only positive (helping Kurdish liberation) retarded and undone.
    -- Sure Obama escalated with the drone program but Trump extended the drone program to even higher numbers (https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers). And the whole concept that Trump didn't start any new wars belies the fact that he actively tried many times to go to war in Iran and abrogated the Iran Nuclear Deal.

Anyway, the man who presided over 400,000 deaths directly as a result of his evil negligence is no man of peace and is no one to talk about his legacy.