Page 488 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3884384784844854864874884894904914924985385889881488 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 75153

A Democratic Senate Candidate Wrote A Book Filled With Racist Tropes

A Democratic Senate candidate in Georgia wrote and self-published a deeply bizarre novel in 2018, featuring a main character who believes that for most of his life he owned an imaginary slave who could communicate with plants and animals.

The candidate, Matt Lieberman, is a lawyer, former educator and the son of former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman. Lieberman is running in the all-party special election to replace Sen. Johnny Isakson, who retired in 2018.

Lieberman told HuffPost he wrote the book, titled “Lucius” after the name of the imaginary slave, in the wake of the 2017 white nationalist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, as “an honest examination of enduring racism against Blacks — which is real, harmful and totally infuriating.”

The main character, an elderly white southern man named Benno, regularly deploys the N-word and says some members of the Ku Klux Klan were “basically good people.” The 213-page novel, in which the racist main character tells the story of his life to a narrator with a biography similar to Lieberman’s, ultimately suggests Lucius functioned as a sort of pet for Benno.

“I know my approach to this delicate subject is not palatable for every reader,” Lieberman wrote in a statement. “I expected some readers to react with disgust.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I think Harris might actually be Biden's best choice for VP, however, that all depends on the two of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

All things being equal, I don't think I'll buy that book.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Just look at that mattmentum.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In non-coronavirus news:

Trump Claims Biden Opposes God

Trump’s remarks signaled how contentious the campaign may get over the coming months. This bullshit, coming from Trump who's singlehandedly broken most of the Ten Commandments is patently laughable.

This bears watching again. Trump is getting worse with his public speaking and you can see here that he is getting down to just basic verbs in this crazy statement that Biden is going to "hurt God, hurt the Bible". Eloquence was never his forte but he's barely above a 1st grader at times. If he gets a second term (shudder) he's only going to get worse. His mental acuity may decline faster than his father's did...and it's not that he has that much now.

But what annoys me most about this statement is the usual "they'll take your guns away and destroy the 2nd amendment" panic peddling. After all this time, the ERA amendment still hasn't had 2/3 of the states voting for its approval.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Mike Pence: Supreme Court Chief John Roberts Is A ‘Disappointment To Conservatives’

The vice president didn’t mince words on the chief justice, who cast deciding votes in White House defeats on immigration, LGBTQ rights and abortion. Disappointing? Because Roberts give Trump what he wanted? PLEASE!
    I just hope he keeps on disappointing the conservatives and that RGB lives to be 100.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

turmp supporters love to point out Biden's stuttering but ignore trump's constant incoherent rambling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    turmp supporters love to point out Biden's stuttering but ignore trump's constant incoherent rambling.
    Seriously. Half of what Trump says is vaguely related word salad

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well, WBE has somebody at least for next year's Democrat of the Day.

Speaking of WBE, sorry buddy, got another moron to cover. Meet Jaimy Blanco, running for Texas House Seat in District 29. Here's what caught my attention, a news article out of Utah states that soon BLM protesters could be hit with life sentences for mischief charges. Obviously crazy and insane, but of course, here comes Blanco with her response:

Law and Order!

Of course. Now, shifting through her Twitter feed, here is her going conspiracy theorist about Twitter silencing conservatives.

Did anyone else just lost followers? Looks like @Jack is at it again....
    Here's her supporting Obamagate without a hint of irony and here is her retweeting Trump going on about serving past his term limits. She also goes on to say Trump will not be implicated by the Epstein files.

Here's this insane line.

“Progressive” is just cute way to say Communism.

And I'm pretty sure she retweeted that doctor who was all about demon seed if this tweet is any indication.

My account was suspended for a day because I retweeted a video of the doctors talking about Hydroxychloroquine.

IT WORKS.
    She demanded Fauci be fire.

And it goes on. Retweeting Donald Trump, Allen West, and such. Also said to go buy Goya and demand schools reopen.

Siiiiiiiigh. So yeah, add her to pile WBE.

Just like his father, this Lieberman is a piece of work.
    Watching television is not an activity.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Trump is copying off Obama's homework.

#BREAKING: Trump says he's planning executive order requiring insurers to cover pre-existing conditions, something already established in ObamaCare which he's trying to dismantle http://hill.cm/65TnfXr

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Is that race still ongoing? Because I hope to God Arpaio doesn't win. Why do people want him to come back to office, considering all the headaches he caused, all the money he wasted, and all the bad press he created for your county? You can be hard on crime and still treat people like human beings, not sideshow acts or farm animals. I know some folks believe all prisoners should be treated as subhuman, and well, that should be a case by case basis, not the general consensus, since most people don't commit crimes like they're supervillains or something; more like they're broke or homeless. And as for his extreme anti-immigrant policy? Well, America used to allow Mexicans access in and out of America, in which they came in, did crappy jobs like migrant farming and day labor, and would leave, but once we tightened the border, they ended up staying, and several American factors meddling in Mexican society have made it so America is more desirable for Mexicans to live here, hence the people seeking asylum, which is something an ignorant sumbitch like Arpaio ignores because he's got **** for brains. At least Milwaukee doesn't have to deal with it's miserable excuse for a DINO in David Clarke anymore, but it's a matter of time before he gets bored and wants to be an ******* again.

Besides, I learned today the man, before he became sheriff, sold rocket ship tickets for something called the "Phoenix E" that, unfortunately, has largely been lost to the mists of time. Despite the man's military history, how on earth did he manage to go from being the guy who sold rocket tours to 24 years as a crooked sheriff?
    His loss seems to be official. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...f5ggM5fR8xqGFY
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Postmaster General and major Trump donor sets USPS reorganization

It’s horrible to have to watch helplessly as Trump takes major steps to steal the election.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Don't know if you've already got him in the queue, WBE, but remember that idiot AL state rep that was celebrating the birthday of Nathan Bedford Forrest? Well, the dumbass now has a warrant out for his arrest for felony theft.

Well, sad news for Kanye fans. He just got kicked off the ballot in Illinois. Apparently- and try to control your shock- that the State Board of Elections found 1,900 signatures on the petition to put him on the ballot have been deemed to be illegitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, sad news for Kanye fans. He just got kicked off the ballot in Illinois. Apparently- and try to control your shock- that the State Board of Elections found 1,900 signatures on the petition to put him on the ballot have been deemed to be illegitimate.
    Kanye only needs to be on the ballot in swing states to do what he is after, but losing too many places elsewhere will spoil the real reason almost as fast as Kanye already has.
    Dark does not mean deep.