Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Lucy Lawless read Sorbo the riot act on Twitter not too long ago I do believe. The rest of that cast is flat out radioactive in Hollywood because they’re right wing whackjobs. I’m surprised Tim Allen wasn’t in that stink bomb.
    Tim Allen still has a sitcom for one more season. FOX is letting him end things on his own terms, so he's not complaining like he did when ABC canceled the show two years ago.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bruce Wayne got it wrong. Criminals aren’t a cowardly lot, they’re stupid as ****.

A month or so ago, I called Jeanine Pirro a skank and was put in timeout for a week. Greene had a hand in last week’s failed putsch but only got twelve hours? Are you kidding me?
    I've often said that criminals may be cowardly and superstitious, but they're also very often just plain stupid.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Fox created this. This network supporter trump from 2015-2020 and as soon as they called the election for Biden, trump turned on them which resulted in his supporters turning on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Being conservative by itself isn't a dealbreaker. Kurt Russell is also quite a wingnut but he keeps to himself, hangs back and is a professional who doesn't go out of his way to endorse lunatics.

Tim Allen is a conservative and talked about politics but he hasn't been a vocal activist on behalf of Trump as others. So he'd land on his feet.

Hollywood and entertainment doesn't care so much about politics until things become an issue. And it's not a case that conservatives are especially discriminated against or any such nonsense.

After all Harvey Weinstein, big time donor to the Democratic Party, got ejected out of town while other conservatives can still find work.
    Harrison Ford is also a conservative and it never hurt him. Either he's not that extreme or he isn't very vocal about it.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Harrison Ford is also a conservative and it never hurt him. Either he's not that extreme or he isn't very vocal about it.
    Huh...Ford is a lifelong and vocal liberal democrat.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harri...EA8SHlkNk4ZSKN

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He's a Democrat, an environmentalist and hates Trump. He's just curmudgeonly.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That's really depressing. Leave it Trump to rain on our parade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Of course we would think that trade can only bring benefits to society, because we are the ones that have all of the bargaining power to set the terms of trade, and we have never been shy about forcibly opening markets to our companies, or toppling uncooperative leaders when it serves our interests. How do you think people would feel if the Chinese plotted to rig the election in order to put a puppet president in office that would open the doors for Huawei to build up their 5G network here? Sounds like an insane right wing conspiracy theory, right? But this is the exact sort of thing that the US has done countless times to other countries that didn't want to play ball, why would we have gone through all the trouble of doing that if we could've just gotten everything we wanted by asking nicely?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Well, if you really believe trade has no merits other than enabling extortion, seems immoral to own a device capable of accessing the internet, since most of them are sourced from dozens of markets around the globe. Assuming the argument isn't just self-righteous posturing.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I interpreted this as PwrdOn saying trade isn't the problem but us leveraging our status as the world's largest economy and the world's most powerful military, with influence over so many countries and major financial institutions that we're able to pressure countries who have a fraction of our power into unfair trade deals. Sometimes that means paying them less than their resources are worth, sometimes that means exploiting their population for cheap labor, sometimes it includes pressuring them to take loans to set up industries to support our draining of their resources that we know they won't be able to pay off meaning when the time comes to pay they're forced into accepting even more unfavorable terms. Sometimes it means forcing out or assassinating their leaders and installing more "manageable" ones to enforce our will.

It's not comfortable thinking we're the bad guys, and the everyday American is not. But we do benefit from the evil done by our government/corporations/financial institutions. And we do willingly turn a blind eye to it when we know paying attention or (worse) doing something about it would be an inconvenience. I'm sure most folk here are aware of suicide nets in Apple factories and children mining rare minerals, just as I'm equally sure some of you who know about this are waiting outside of your local Apple store when the new iPhone comes out. I'd imagine in 100 years (hopefully) humanity will look back on this exploitation like we do on slavery today.

It's not trade that's the problem, it's exploitation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I interpreted this as PwrdOn saying trade isn't the problem but us leveraging our status as the world's largest economy and the world's most powerful military, with influence over so many countries and major financial institutions that we're able to pressure countries who have a fraction of our power into unfair trade deals. Sometimes that means paying them less than their resources are worth, sometimes that means exploiting their population for cheap labor, sometimes it includes pressuring them to take loans to set up industries to support our draining of their resources that we know they won't be able to pay off meaning when the time comes to pay they're forced into accepting even more unfavorable terms. Sometimes it means forcing out or assassinating their leaders and installing more "manageable" ones to enforce our will.

It's not comfortable thinking we're the bad guys, and the everyday American is not. But we do benefit from the evil done by our government/corporations/financial institutions. And we do willingly turn a blind eye to it when we know paying attention or (worse) doing something about it would be an inconvenience. I'm sure most folk here are aware of suicide nets in Apple factories and children mining rare minerals, just as I'm equally sure some of you who know about this are waiting outside of your local Apple store when the new iPhone comes out. I'd imagine in 100 years (hopefully) humanity will look back on this exploitation like we do on slavery today.

It's not trade that's the problem, it's exploitation.
    Notice how the Chinese government's One Belt, One Road initiative is omitted from the conversation as well as their financial investment in Maduro's regime in Venezuela. Countries exploiting trade is, in theory, a good angle to attack however when it's weaponised against countries while overlooked by others it becomes bad faith. Plus, y'know, the Chinese government history with Muslims and other marginalised groups being evaded yet upheld as having higher standards in uplifting those same groups than America. Because America's bad, it can't ever do something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He's a Democrat, an environmentalist and hates Trump. He's just curmudgeonly.
    Hmm, I was basing it on Tom Clancy, who was a far right conservative, once saying Ford was a conservative.
    Power with Girl is better.

FBI investigating whether woman stole laptop from Pelosi's office to sell it to Russia

The FBI is investigating evidence that a woman who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 stole a laptop or hard drive from Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and intended to sell it to Russians.

The bizarre claim, which the FBI emphasized remains under investigation, was included in an affidavit describing the criminal case against Riley June Williams, a Pennsylvania woman who was seen in footage of the Jan. 6 insurrection in area of the Capitol near Pelosi's office.
    And it's not clear if the FBI has been able to apprehend her.

"It appears that WILLIAMS has fled," according to the affidavit, which was signed Sunday and posted publicly after 9 p.m.. "According to local law enforcement officers in Harrisburg, WILLIAMS’ mother stated that WILLIAMS packed a bag and left her home and told her mother she would be gone for a couple of weeks. WILLIAMS did not provide her mother any information about her intended destination."

A Pelosi aide was not immediately available for comment. It was not clear if a laptop or hard drive was actually stolen.

According to the affidavit, a witness who spoke to authorities claimed to have seen a video of Williams "taking a laptop computer or hard drive from Speaker Pelosi’s office.""[Witness 1] stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service," the agent noted. "According to [Witness 1], the transfer of the computer device to Russia fell through for unknown reasons and WILLIAMS still has the computer device or destroyed it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

But remember, the Trump mob wanted to hang Pelosi for treason.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-18-2021 at 01:34 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Who is Riley June Williams? Green T-Shirt Woman Who Led Mob to Pelosi's Office Goes Missing

Among the videos that went viral on social media platforms, there was one featuring a young woman guiding the rioters inside Capitol, which caught everyone's fancy.

Dressed in a green-colored T shirt bearing an alt-right slogan and wearing spectacles, Williams was seen directing the attackers inside the federal building, shouting, "Up the stairs, up the stairs."

Sharing the viral video on Twitter several users pointed out that she was guiding the mob towards Pelosi's office.

Ok, so this just got even crazier.