Man. All these right wing extremists being identified by name, doing exactly the kind of thing we all know they dream about, posting live to their social media as they commit felonies...but I thought the coup was a false flag event staged by ANTIFA and BLM, not Patriots like these guys!?

BLM must have some real special effects wizards on staff. Either that, or ANTIFA's new mask technology is LIT...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Man. All these right wing extremists being identified by name, doing exactly the kind of thing we all know they dream about, posting live to their social media as they commit felonies...but I thought the coup was a false flag event staged by ANTIFA and BLM, not Patriots like these guys!?

BLM must have some real special effects wizards on staff. Either that, or ANTIFA's new mask technology is LIT...
    To take a cue from Trevor Noah's thoughts about stealing Trump's election but not the Senate too, BLM+ANTIFA must have learned their lesson and bought the Premium Package of Satanic Powers this time.

Astonishing Member

Jack, or anybody here do you agree or disagree here?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

My aunt was going on and on about Antifa doing this. But now that there are names and faces to these idiots. She has been pretty quiet today. When ever my dad or I talk about what happened she is quiet. And when ever we mention another name she yells that she does not want to talk about or hear about it. Then rants at how bad things are going to be under Biden and rants about the BLM protests and Hunter emails.

But on who is responsible for the 6th. She is now all the sudden mute.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

In office since December 2020. Well it cannot be said that he hasn't done things in his one month term that no other elected official hasn't done in their decades in power.

By the way that passage has this section:

"Brock, a fifty-three-year-old father of three who lives in an affluent suburb of Dallas, graduated from the Air Force Academy in 1989, with a major in international relations and affairs. In a LinkedIn profile that Brock recently deleted, he described himself as having served as a chief operations inspector and flight commander with the 706th Fighter Squadron, at one point leading more than two dozen pilots. Brock told me that he served in Afghanistan and, in a non-combat capacity, in Iraq, and that for his service he received three Meritorious Service Medals, six Air Medals, and three Aerial Achievement Medals. In a statement, Ann Stefanek, an Air Force spokesperson, said, “This individual is no longer serving in the Air Force Reserve. He retired in 2014. As a private citizen, the Air Force no longer has jurisdiction over him.” Brock now works for Hillwood Airways, a Texas-based private aviation company."

Real comrade of the proletariat folks, in case people wanted to paint this as some working-class uprising or some nonsense.

Our buddy here was living the American Dream, the stereotypical American Dream in fact. That there is what we call a glittering resume. A record of honorable service and personal courage in his years of service for USAF -- a family, a cool house, what sounds like a kickass job (seriously if I met a guy who said "I work for a private aviation company" I'd think "wow that sounds so friggin' cool"), and he decided to throw it all away by storming Capitol Hill. Also that discourse we had a few months back about "middle-class people not being radicalized into terrorists"...we can gun that to the ground now.

Man. All these right wing extremists being identified by name, doing exactly the kind of thing we all know they dream about, posting live to their social media as they commit felonies...
    It feels like some big crossover of all hate groups. It's like the really expanded version of Masters of Evil when they attacked Avengers Mansion in UNDER SIEGE down to the personal pettiness of destroying Captain America's personal locker (the way they raided and attacked Pelosi's office and that of other Dems).

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Not sure, why I am being personally called.

Biden made a typical speech expected of any president in this situation, preserving norms and avoiding a rhetoric that escalates partisanship by inflaming passion against a full political party. He's trying to appeal and strengthen the moderate republican base.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-09-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Boisterously Confused

We do need dissenting voices. Absolute anything is a bad idea. However, not what the GOP became from Reagan on.

We've been here before, back when the Two-Party System was The Whigs and The Democratic-Republicans (okay, not exactly here, i don't recall the whigs storming The Capitol). Point is, we've seen one of the dominant parties destroyed before, and we didn't descend into a one-party state.

I think we need a two party system. A one party system would breed too much abuse, even the Dems may fall victim to that. But the GOP has lost the right to be the second party on the 6th. Not just that day. but in the after math. i know some of the senators dropped their protest of the results after. but you had 6 that did not, as well as over 100 in the house.

If the GOP cleans up their act and gains some sanity then great. But they have proven by their response they have not nor will they ever.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

We need a party with enough reach to balance things out besides just the Democratic Party (only having one IS bad) but the Republican Party is no longer the answer. It needs to die like the Whigs and the Federalists before them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah no one could have known or prepared.

Attachment 104530
    I know, right? Let's just ask everyone's favorite unhinged rightwing terrorist apologist political cartoonist!

Oh, oh, everyone knew! Everyone know **** was going to go down, even if people like us that don't hang out on the deranged corners of the internet didn't know what. I wonder if even the terrorists know what until Trump gave them orders to march on the Capital in a speech that morning, or until Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz and the rest got them worked up with fire and fury rhetoric. They all wanted this though.

In case anyone was wondering, Ben Garrison there was also banned from Twitter today, for professing his support of the terror attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not sure, why I am being personally called.

Biden made a typical speech expected of any president in this situation, preserving norms and avoiding a rhetoric that escalates partisanship by inflaming passion against a full political party. He's trying to appeal and strengthen the moderate republican base.
    I only called on you since you stand out as one of the posters here who’s quite knowledgeable and was curious about your view. If you wish not to be called on specifically, I will abstain from doing so in future posts.

Though about your post: is there really such thing as a “moderate” republican any more? The party just seems too extreme nowadays. Should there really be a GOP anymore with all that’s happened? I get we should have opposition...just not this, not what GOP has regressed to.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-09-2021 at 02:28 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Yeah, remember how Trump had been replacing people at the Pentagon with his unqualified lackies?

Maryland Governor Says Pentagon ‘Repeatedly Denied’ Approval To Send National Guard To Capitol

After the massive investigations I sincerely hope these people are tried for treason.

I honestly though the far right was just getting hyped up for another rally, even I didn't think anything like this would happen. I'm still gobsmacked.
    But now I'm completely sure that some of these people knew. You don't bring bombs and handcuffs if you don't know. And I think Trump and his enablers knew too.

BANNED

I only called on you since you stand out as one of the posters here who’s quite knowledgeable about these subjects and was curious about your view.
    Well, thank you so much for that.

If you wish not to be called on specifically, I will abstain from doing so in future posts.
    No it's fine. It's just that it's the first time it's happened here and it didn't seem clear to me why it was the case. Just wanted to ask.

I didn't mean to be admonishing if it came that way. We're cool.

Though about your post: is there really such thing as a “moderate” republican any more? The party just seems too extreme nowadays.
    Mitt Romney is a typical conservative right-wing guy but definitely not an extreme figure, and while a bit of a coward, he's able to take a stand on certain things. And his speech after the Capitol attacks was genuinely a good one. So I'd say it's Romney, maybe Murkowski, and Collins and that's it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The fact is that Biden invoking that as President is to be expected, and not something that others before him like HRC and Obama wouldn't say. Though I will admit that "We need the Republican party" is not something that either would phrase that way.

I don't think we need the Republican Party as it currently exists certainly. We certainly need a political system that's more representative of America.

A true popular vote electorate with rank based proportional representation that gives people bigger options than big tent super-parties like the GOP and the Dems which are more coalitions of the right and left spectrum than actual parties. I don't think partisanship in and of itself is such a bad thing, and I don't think the centrist fantasy of ending politics altogether via technocratic takeover is fruitful, feasible, or realistic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I honestly though the far right was just getting hyped up for another rally, even I didn't think anything like this would happen. I'm still gobsmacked.
    But now I'm completely sure that some of these people knew. You don't bring bombs and handcuffs if you don't know. And I think Trump and his enablers knew too.
    Really? I expected this to happen back in 2016 if Trump had lost the election the first the time since he certainly made it no secret he wasn’t going to accept the election results even back then. . There’s a lot of crazy people in this country who hang on to every word this man says. I’m not surprised, just saddened we’re at this point.

- Charles Schultz.

Boisterously Confused

A different look to rats going over the sinking ship's side. Marshall, the guy running the AG group that helped organize what became the 6th's coup attempt, is "Shocked - shocked! - to find domestic terrorism going on in here" and promises to get to the bottom of it.

The policy branch of the Republican Attorneys General Association, which is led by Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, helped organize the march in Washington that turned into a riot and attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to Documented, an organization that describes itself as a watchdog group investigating corporate influence.

Marshall said decisions were made without his knowledge.

Marshall released a statement today in response to questions by reporters about the Rule of Law Defense Fund’s involvement in the march:

“I was unaware of unauthorized decisions made by RLDF staff with regard to this week’s rally. Despite currently transitioning into my role as the newly elected chairman of RLDF, it is unacceptable that I was neither consulted about nor informed of those decisions. I have directed an internal review of this matter. As I said yesterday, I condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the actions of those who attempted to storm the U.S. Capitol, a place where passionate but peaceful protestors had gathered and lawmakers debated inside. Our country is built upon the foundation of the rule of law. American democracy guarantees the right of peaceful protest. Those who chose to engage in violence and anarchy should and will be held accountable under the law.”

Marshall did not say what the “unauthorized decisions” were.

The RAGA named Marshall chairman of its policy branch in November.

RAGA Executive Director Adam Piper also released a statement that denied involvement but that also mentioned an unauthorized staff decision without being specific.