Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I saw a video on Twitter not that long ago of activists storming some kind of transportation hub (I think it was trucks that transport animals to slaughterhouses) and went to sabotage the trucks by taking drills to the sidewalls of their tires.

I do find it darkly amusing that for people protesting about the environment, they sure do like polluting the environment with their actions.
    Haha. Where was that, do you remember? US or Europe?

I'm asking because, for whatever reason, here in Europe there seems to be a bigger incidence of this type of stuff compared to other european countries. The Just Stop Oil group have also been blocking roads quite often (and there have been some problems with them resisting to let ambulances, firemen trucks pass, etc.).

Not sure what's happening but the latest New York Times/ Siena poll shows slightly bad news for Democrats:

- 2022 Generic Congressional Vote - Republicans + 4%. A month ago the same poll had Democrats +2%
    - POTUS Job Approval - 39%/58% Approve/ Disapprove. A month ago the same poll had 42%/53% Approve/ Disapprove

In this poll, Economy is the #1 problem (26%), with Inflation as the #2 problem (18%). These two outweigh any other problems like the State of Democracy (8%), Immigration (5%), Abortion (5%), Polarization/ Division (4%), Crime (3%), Climate Change (3%) and Trump/Republicans (3%).

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What's funny about that is that future food security will require some meat in the diet. Not only is much of what we consider "arable land" only suitable for grazing rather than crops, many animals can process what humans would consider unusable parts of the food crops. Chickens can even live in the fields eating pest insects. Granted, this will result in less meat than we Americans are used to (far less for some), but going pure vegan is a bad idea from a sustainability view alone.
    Having some chicken in your diet basically leaves the same carbon footprint as being vegan. If everybody just avoided beef and lamb, we'd be a lot closer to meeting our climate goals.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    And now supposedly hes buying Parler

Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, agrees to buy conservative social media platform Parler, company says

MAGA will gladly take the thin shield he and people like Candace Owens gives them so they can say "see we aren't racist" these 2 like us.
    When you order the Musk-Twitter disaster on Wish.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Not sure what's happening but the latest New York Times/ Siena poll shows slightly bad news for Democrats:

- 2022 Generic Congressional Vote - Republicans + 4%. A month ago the same poll had Democrats +2%
    - POTUS Job Approval - 39%/58% Approve/ Disapprove. A month ago the same poll had 42%/53% Approve/ Disapprove

In this poll, Economy is the #1 problem (26%), with Inflation as the #2 problem (18%). These two outweigh any other problems like the State of Democracy (8%), Immigration (5%), Abortion (5%), Polarization/ Division (4%), Crime (3%), Climate Change (3%) and Trump/Republicans (3%).
    “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Mass inflation and a possible recession has put all the other problems on the backburner for most Americans.

The inflation rate has apparently exceeded a 40 year high. So the party in power is gonna get blamed.

There are lots of reasons for it but it seems our supply chain has not fully recovered from COVID. And we’re expected to have another surge this winter which could makes things even worse.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-17-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    When you order the Musk-Twitter disaster on Wish.
    That reminds me, I noticed something on my Youtube feed about how he's war-profiteering over providing Ukraine internet:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Haha. Where was that, do you remember? US or Europe?

I'm asking because, for whatever reason, here in Europe there seems to be a bigger incidence of this type of stuff compared to other european countries. The Just Stop Oil group have also been blocking roads quite often (and there have been some problems with them resisting to let ambulances, firemen trucks pass, etc.).
    Other than PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) acting up and raising a ruckus once in a blue moon, that sort of over the top activism/vandalism is, as far as I know, rare here in the States.

Not surprising. There are people out there more than willing to give up their rights, live with crime and turn their backs on racism and climate change as long as gas is cheap and they can afford to buy groceries and pay the rent. To be honest, I can’t say I blame them for that mindset as times are indeed tough financially, and that could lead people to vote with their wallets, just what the GQP hoped for when they blocked measures offered up by the Biden administration to mitigate the problems caused by inflation.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-17-2022 at 09:24 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Mass inflation and a possible recession has put all the other problems on the backburner for most Americans.

The inflation rate has apparently exceeded a 40 year high. So the party in power is gonna get blamed.

There are lots of reasons for it but it seems our supply chain has not fully recovered from COVID. And we’re expected to have another surge this winter which could makes things even worse.
    It's funny how those who said it was the Biden stimulus that caused inflation have been silent. It's like those who said business can't get workers because of the "generous" unemployment payments. Of course they will never admit they will wrong.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

That poll is also an EXTREME outlier. It gives Biden a net approval rating of minus 19, when several polls in the past few days had him in the single digits, FoxNews (!) had him at minus 7 and even Rasmussen only has him at minus 11. Their likely turnout model filtered out more Democrats than pretty much any other pollster's.

The Fox poll gives Democrats a 3 point lead in generic Congressional elections, the NYT poll sees them 4 points behind.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 10-17-2022 at 09:54 AM.

That poll is also an EXTREME outlier. It gives Biden a net approval rating of minus 19, when several polls in the past few days had him in the single digits, FoxNews (!) had him at minus 7 and even Rasmussen only has him at minus 11. Their likely turnout model filtered out more Democrats than pretty much any other pollster's.
    It's not necessarily about the absolute figures in the poll, it's more about how the same poll has evolved over the last month. Comparing the poll against its previous iteration, like you did the other day with some state polls.

This is an A+ pollster according to Five Thirty Eight, btw:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Video posted about an hour ago by Five Thirty Eight:
    https://youtu.be/iW5GNEN5zjg
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-17-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Chris Christie (R) reveals that he saw Trump showing Top Secret documents to "guests" at Mar-A-Lago.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You are correct. That was my intent.
    Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. It did seem odd for your post to be sarcastic in the first part, but not in the rest of it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Incredible Member

Chris Christie (R) reveals that he saw Trump showing Top Secret documents to "guests" at Mar-A-Lago.
    What a surprise! The biggest question being who did he show it to? And What did he show?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. It did seem odd for your post to be sarcastic in the first part, but not in the rest of it.
    No problem. Admittedly, sarcasm isn’t my strong suit, but, that was just something I wanted to blurt out at the moment.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And of course that piece of beach debris didn't report it or do anything to try to stop it...just run to where it gets him attention.