Page 4987 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 398744874887493749774983498449854986498749884989499049914997 ... LastLast
Results 74,791 to 74,805 of 75153
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Oh ok, I wasn't aware that stripping civilians to their underwear is a tolerate sexual violence to the western world...as long as it's done to brown people.
    I just watched a video of a survivor recalling the details of the concert massacre. He was able to survive because he was wounded with another corpse on him. He witnessed multiple Hamas sexually assault a female, beat her up some more before shooting her in the head (several of them laughing at it or spitting on her body).

But to you, the Israel Soldiers are the bad guys because they made the Hamas strip to their underwear? I'm trying to grasp your logic. Is it because if a person has a skin color with a darker tone, they're automatically the victim of something? Treat them as special needs?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-08-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I just watched a video of a survivor recalling the details of the concert massacre. He was able to survive because he was wounded with another corpse on him. He witnessed multiple Hamas sexually assault a female, beat her up some more before shooting her in the head (several of them laughing at it or spitting on her body).

But to you, the Israel Soldiers are the bad guys because they made the Hamas strip to their underwear? I'm trying to grasp your logic. Is it because if a person has a skin color with a darker tone, they're automatically the victim of something? Treat them as special needs?
    The fact that you people see supporting Palestinians means supporting Hamas is very telling.

Mighty Member

The Right's meltdown about Taylor Swift becoming Time's Person of the Year is hilarious. I'm sure all the sexism and conspiracy theories thrown at her will convince absolutely all of Swifties and young people to vote for Trump, who probably can't sing one Swift song well even with a prompter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The Right's meltdown about Taylor Swift becoming Time's Person of the Year is hilarious. I'm sure all the sexism and conspiracy theories thrown at her will convince absolutely all of Swifties and young people to vote for Trump, who probably can't sing one Swift song well even with a prompter.
    I'm not a big fan of her music, but I AM a fan of how she screwed over the guy who purchased the rights to her music by re-recording all her early albums and making the original masters utterly worthless. I wonder how fast record execs worked to close that little loophole?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

The fact that you people see supporting Palestinians means supporting Hamas is very telling.
    Is it, though?

Speaking personally, before October 7, I grew sick of Israel's ****. I was a long time supporter, but the crap with the settlers, Ben N's **** with the courts and their treatment of the Palestinians up to that point, I was willing to kick them to the figurative curb.

The Palestinians have every right to be enraged with Israel, even if they have no right to do what they did.

Under Ben N, Israel acted like Republicans. Going to extremes, or enabling extremists (like Hamas) and once everything was pulled to the far right, demanded to be met 'in the middle'.

I'm not shocked that people around the world aren't quick to forget that.

Also, sadly, there is plenty of antisemitism mixed in as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not a big fan of her music, but I AM a fan of how she screwed over the guy who purchased the rights to her music by re-recording all her early albums and making the original masters utterly worthless. I wonder how fast record execs worked to close that little loophole?
    I'm not really a Swiftie myself (but thought her concert movie was cool) but as far as I've seen that plays into the sexist rage against her, she's according to them defined by the Dem party/Soros/her current boyfriend rather than what she's done to get here in the first place.

When did he say that?

He is referring to Hamas fighters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

shooshoomanjoe, this seems to be another instance of you being obnoxious and wrong.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I can’t help you with your lack of imagination.
    Help me please.

Who is going to change their mind about Hamas committing mass rapes and murders and hiding among civilians, but will change their sympathy because of those photos?

That just seems like someone who would be looking for reasons to hate Israel.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I don't know if this is something "the right" cares about all that much.

None of the conservative blogs I followed mentioned it.

On the merits, it's an interesting decision. I kinda treat it like a parlor game, so I've discussions about who it might be. It won't be Biden because Presidents are chosen in the years in which they win elections. Zelensky was the choice last year. Musk was the choice the year before.

I was thinking Modi would make the most sense, given the significance of his coalition and how it could reflect a turn towards right-wingers we're seeing elsewhere in the world.

I can see the case for Swift. The Eras tour was successful. The film adaptation was revolutionary from a distribution standpoint. The Taylor's Version rereleases are a brilliant business strategy. And now she's the biggest story in sports. Her star persona is interesting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    College administrators screwed up at a congressional hearing about antisemitism.

From the New York Times...

It worked astoundingly well for Stefanik, who says she was expecting different responses.

It's rare bipartisan praise for Stefanik.

David Leonhart looked at polls on Israel and Palestine a week ago, which may get to why college administrators didn't realize how their comments would be perceived.

If someone spends of their time among others who are very liberal, they're not going to realize how their comments may be interpreted by standard liberals, much less moderates and conservatives.
    Here in Philly, I saw plenty of clips on the local news where Pennís Liz Magill stumbled all over herself like a drunk leaving a bar at 2 am. I canít for the life of me understand why it was so damn hard for her and those other presidents to slam that antisemitism like it deserved to have been slammed. Were they afraid free speech advocates would jump down their throats for denying those people their First Amendment rights? I donít get it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    While this is true, the sources of the images are unknown. With so many cell phones, this will happen. But the IDF or anybody in authority decided to photograph this and put it out in the media. If we accept that what the IDF is doing here is justifiable, photos of it should not change that opinion.
    I think we can agree this adds nothing to the cause of making Israel safer. It isnít difficult to consider ways it can worsen the situation.
    You and Mets are focusing on people whoíre for whatever reason fully entrenched in their beliefs. Those people arenít likely to change their views no matter what happens.
    Photos like this have a different impact in Muslim cultures. We found that out with our own Abu Grahib debacle.
    Iím considering Muslims who are in the middle ground and possibly unconsciously looking for a reason to side with the Palestinian cause or Muslims already sympathetic to Palestine looking for a reason to join an activist group. There are also Muslim governments who may find it hard to continue expressing public sympathy for Israel with photos like this going public and pressure from their population to denounce Israel for this action.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

ďItís your party and you can cry if you want to.Ē - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know if this is something "the right" cares about all that much.

None of the conservative blogs I followed mentioned it.

On the merits, it's an interesting decision. I kinda treat it like a parlor game, so I've discussions about who it might be. It won't be Biden because Presidents are chosen in the years in which they win elections. Zelensky was the choice last year. Musk was the choice the year before.

I was thinking Modi would make the most sense, given the significance of his coalition and how it could reflect a turn towards right-wingers we're seeing elsewhere in the world.

I can see the case for Swift. The Eras tour was successful. The film adaptation was revolutionary from a distribution standpoint. The Taylor's Version rereleases are a brilliant business strategy. And now she's the biggest story in sports. Her star persona is interesting.
    Who or what the hell is Modi? If I have to ask that question from the ground level where I can see Swift's influence and riches from miles away without being hardcore into her, well. Your post just confirms to me I should ignore people like you who pay more attention to right-wingers trying to take over the world. The ball is elsewhere.

Who or what the hell is Modi? If I have to ask that question from the ground level where I can see Swift's influence and riches from miles away without being hardcore into her, well. Your post just confirms to me I should ignore people like you who pay more attention to right-wingers trying to take over the world. The ball is elsewhere.
    You could've just googled.

Narendra Modi is the Prime Minister of India. He is the head of the largest political party on the planet. He may be the world's most popular leader, with his approval rating of 76%. There are quite a few serious controversies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

In more "Republicans acting perfectly normal", NY Congressman Brandon Williams was recorded this week screaming threats at a former staffer, attributing his outburst to allegedly being taunted that his daughter's Onlyfans page would be made known to the public because he'd informed TMZ.

Two former staffers have backed each other and said the response Williams claimed happened did not. At this time, some outlets are reporting there is no evidence of any extortion or revenge by these staffers, but Rep. Williams in effect, revealed his own daughter's sex work. Should be a fun Christmas in that household, and considering his threats happened outside a Christmas party... yeah.

(Prior to this, Williams, a former Wall Street banker, was most infamous for talking about how no one would have sympathy for furloughed workers if the GOP had an unnecessary government shutdown because they're neanderthals who don't know how to govern.)
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-08-2023 at 08:47 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Frankly, what's happening in India under Modi and the BJP is something not enough people are paying attnetion to.