Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, why was Ericksen in El Salvador in the first place? Perhaps he was looking to find horse dewormer on the cheap. I hope he's unable to get his hands on monoclonal antibodies and has to cool his heels down there until he sucks it up and has to take the vaccine.
    If he’d done the sensible thing..get vaccinated…he might not have needed the monoclonal antibodies.

As we’ve said a time or two in the vaccine thread, some people’s tendency to be happy to be put all manners of crap in their body EXCEPT the vaccine that the scientific community recommend is totally baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, why was Ericksen in El Salvador in the first place? Perhaps he was looking to find horse dewormer on the cheap. I hope he's unable to get his hands on monoclonal antibodies and has to cool his heels down there until he sucks it up and has to take the vaccine.
    The big thing about taking Monoclonal Antibodies is that, it has to be done ASAP after finding out that you are infected with COVID. Even if he could find a way to have it sent down to him, by now it might be too late to use it.

I checked, the deadline is 10 days. If he has had COVID for more than 10 days, he's screwed.Also it might not normally work if you are already showing symptoms, especially a fever.

Washington Sen. Doug Ericksen tests positive for COVID-19 while in El Salvador, seeks medical help from lawmakers

OLYMPIA — Washington Sen. Doug Ericksen, R-Ferndale, is stranded in El Salvador after testing positive for COVID-19 there, and has sought help from fellow Republican lawmakers to send him monoclonal antibody treatments.

Ericksen told KIRO radio he was “fighting a bad bout” with the virus while in the Central American country.

It’s unclear if the senator was vaccinated against the virus, and he did not respond Friday to a text message or phone call seeking comment.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-14-2021 at 04:43 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's good to know you'll admit that a GOP AG would have ignored the law and would just grant pre-clearance anyway, Mets. <3
    The law allowed the US Attorney General to provide administrative preclearance, as well as a three-judge panel to override a US Attorney General's objections.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Regarding the Rittenhouse trial, was it ever addressed by the prosecution that in his Facebook posts, he explicitly stated that he was heading over stateside to "shoot some protesters"? That he already had a premeditated intention to kill people, regardless of what actually happened during the riots?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Coincidence?

U.S. Military Buried Syria Airstrike That Killed a Crowd of Women and Children, Report

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths

Trump truly was the worse human to ever sit in the oval office. He always chose the most evil path.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Regarding the Rittenhouse trial, was it ever addressed by the prosecution that in his Facebook posts, he explicitly stated that he was heading over stateside to "shoot some protesters"? That he already had a premeditated intention to kill people, regardless of what actually happened during the riots?
    I know the prosecution wanted to include a lot of stuff from his social media in the days before the shooting. But the judge said no. Unless that changed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Coincidence?

U.S. Military Buried Syria Airstrike That Killed a Crowd of Women and Children, Report

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths

Trump truly was the worse human to ever sit in the oval office. He always chose the most evil path.
    hey, remember when people here tried to say Trump would be better on drone strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Do you have a link to this one? In none of the descriptions that I've read of the story is there anything that brazen.

A Slate article mentions controversial posts, but weirdly skips one where he announces in advance that he plans to shoot people.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...l-villain.html

Schroeder also offered Rittenhouse a relatively light $2 million bond and made multiple pretrial motions preventing prosecutors from offering visual evidence of Rittenhouse’s association with the white supremacist group the Proud Boys, his disdain for the law, and his previous statements about wanting to shoot unarmed civilians who may have been shoplifting.
    A slight problem is that searches for Rittenhouse and social media tend to focus on the social media reaction to the trial as opposed to any legal decision about what jurors should be told regarding Rittenhouse's social media accounts.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 11-14-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Rittenhouse was in the wrong state with an illegal weapon.

Given that, can someone please tell me how self defense applies?

You don't get to follow a robber into someone's house, shoot them, and then claim self defense.

In an ABC/ Washington Post poll, Republicans are preferred to Democrats in congressional races 51 percent to 41 percent. This is the biggest gap recorded in 40 years.

Biden's approval rating is taking a hit. 39% approve of his handling on the economy, compared to 55 percent disapproval (these are much worse numbers than Trump ever had.) His overall approval rating hit a new low of 41%, with 53% disapproval.

The numbers are worse in key swing states where there will be Senate elections (two Democratic Senators running for a full-term elected in 2020, two Democratic Senators running for reelection, one Republican running for reelection, two open seats currently held by Republicans, and one state where a Republican Senator hasn't officially announced his plans.)

In these states -- Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- Biden’s overall job approval rating is 33%, compared with 43% elsewhere. On his handling of the pandemic, his approval is 11 points lower than in the rest of the country. On the economy, the difference is a non-significant 7 points.
    One bright spot is that some of Biden's policies are popular.

There is always the possibility that facts on the ground change, especially when heading out of the biggest pandemic in a century. But this does show that Democrats will have to work hard to keep what they currently have.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

It's going to be a bloodbath, but I am heartened to see 58% supporting more money for climate change and social programs than infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In an ABC/ Washington Post poll, Republicans are preferred to Democrats in congressional races 51 percent to 41 percent. This is the biggest gap recorded in 40 years.

Biden's approval rating is taking a hit. 39% approve of his handling on the economy, compared to 55 percent disapproval (these are much worse numbers than Trump ever had.) His overall approval rating hit a new low of 41%, with 53% disapproval.

The numbers are worse in key swing states where there will be Senate elections (two Democratic Senators running for a full-term elected in 2020, two Democratic Senators running for reelection, one Republican running for reelection, two open seats currently held by Republicans, and one state where a Republican Senator hasn't officially announced his plans.)

One bright spot is that some of Biden's policies are popular.

There is always the possibility that facts on the ground change, especially when heading out of the biggest pandemic in a century. But this does show that Democrats will have to work hard to keep what they currently have.
    I am pretty worried about 2022. It is great the Dems got the Infrastructure Bill passed. But when the Average American is going to the store and paying 75 bucks more then they used to and are getting less food to show for it that will pay a much bigger role I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am pretty worried about 2022. It is great the Dems got the Infrastructure Bill passed. But when the Average American is going to the store and paying 75 bucks more then they used to and are getting less food to show for it that will pay a much bigger role I think.
    I'm afraid that the future of the US is to either become a sham democracy like Hungary, have a replay of the French Revolution, or option 3, which is sham democracy followed by a bloody revolution.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm afraid that the future of the US is to either become a sham democracy like Hungary, have a replay of the French Revolution, or option 3, which is sham democracy followed by a bloody revolution.
    Im not sure what the answer is. There is just so much craziness. I am very happy about the Infrastructure Bill there is a lot needed. but a lot of it is long term things like fixing roads and bridges and 5G. Those are needed things. But most Americans care about what is happening right now. I am spending a lot more in grocery bills right now. Along with my dad meds and our monthly bills it is pretty tight. ive cut back on a lot of things and I dont have kids to worry about like some people do.

And depending on how the Rittenhouse trial goes there is another huge issue. If the guy gets off then there will be the minority voters who will have the mind of "You promised us some change and yet not voter protections, no police reform and Rittenhouse got off." And if Rittenhouse gets off I am sure people will not take that sitting down. Officials are so worried about it they have the Guard on stand by. So the GOP can say in 2022 "Well prices rose like crazy and you got less while Biden let our cites burn."

And Hell if Rittenhouse does get off how big of a GOP fundraising campaign machine does that make him? The man who stood up against Chaos and the Woke culture. The man who stood up for our values and way of life. man the White Supremists wont be able to get toe the voting booth fast enough to vote for the guy that has Rittenhouse in his ads and the GOP will milk that cow till it is dry.

I hate feeling this down about the future but I am really worried about it. But other then voting I dont know what else I can do? Everyone said 2021 was going to be so much better. But I aint seeing it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-14-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I believe you're right as I'm already hearing relatives complain about the cost of Thanksgiving dinner this year. Prices for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs rose 11.9% according to consumer prices released last week, with the sub-index for beef increasing 20.1% and the index for pork rising 14.1%. The supply chain issues aren't helping and we're still coming out of economic pain from the pandemic. We have a steep hill ahead of us.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!