WBE Alum Wendy Rogers making an ass of herself again.

An Arizona state senator has called for members of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors to be imprisoned after they condemned the county's widely criticized election audit, and objected to related subpoenas.

"I would like to know if we have enough solitary confinement cells in Arizona available for the entire Maricopa Board of Supervisors and the execs at the fraud machine company," tweeted Wendy Rogers, a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump, on Monday. "We are going to need a lot."

Rogers was referring to the baseless claim that Dominion Voting Systems, whose equipment is used in Maricopa County, helped flip votes from Trump to President Joe Biden.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/pro-trump...150515105.html

A brief summary if Cuomo's press conference...

I can believe that Cuomo grew up in a household where hugging, kissing, and other physical displays occurred. What I can't believe is that no one ever told him that doing so in public was not appropriate and would get him into trouble.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

When I was younger (right out of high school), there was a girl I worked with that I would always hug hello, until she told me to stop. After that, I respected her wishes and would never hug unless she initiated it.

You'd know someone would have told Cuomo to stop one time a long time ago, so he should have learned his lesson then and stopped.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I just heard on my local all-news radio station that it been reported Biden chimed in, suggesting Cuomo step down. Has there ever been a precedent where a sitting president said that a member of his own party, and a governor to boot needed to walk the plank?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard on my local all-news radio station that it been reported Biden chimed in, suggesting Cuomo step down. Has there ever been a precedent where a sitting president said that a member of his own party, and a governor to boot needed to walk the plank?
    I heard it second hand as well, and I think Biden shouldn't have said anything. Yet, there seems to be the typical "Off with their head" Democratic response to just about anyone who even smells bad. Justified or not, it is really a very bad habit.

I'm sure Trump did it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm sure Trump did it.
    Trump did one better and tried to have his VP lynched by a mob.

This strikes me as funny.

Rubio presses DNI to investigate alleged unmasking of Tucker Carlson

In a letter to Avril Haines, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said that recent media reports that "Mr. Carlson was unmasked by a government agency" have "only fueled the perception that unmasking is being used as a political hammer or to satisfy curiosity."
    "Unmasking" is a process by which senior intelligence officials can learn the identity of subjects under government surveillance who are otherwise listed anonymously if they believe there is a national security rationale for doing so.
    In a rare rebuke of a private citizen, the NSA denied the top-rated host's claims that it had spied on him.

“Tucker Carlson has never been an intelligence target of the Agency and the NSA has never had any plans to try to take his program off the air,” the agency said in a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I heard it second hand as well, and I think Biden shouldn't have said anything. Yet, there seems to be the typical "Off with their head" Democratic response to just about anyone who even smells bad. Justified or not, it is really a very bad habit.
    Well, this thing is picking up steam. Got an alert that the governors of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Rhode Island have all called for Cuomo to step down. I wonder if they felt empowered enough to have done that after Biden's comments?

Well, this thing is picking up steam. Got an alert that the governors of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Rhode Island have all called for Cuomo to step down. I wonder if they felt empowered enough to have done that after Biden's comments?
    Probably. Though if I were them, I'd look closely into my own closet to see what might be hidden in there before speaking out. Though, perhaps not speaking out might be a sign to other Dems that they had something to hide....

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice NOT to deceive.

BANNED

I think they know that the real scandal is going to be the fallout from his mishandling of the Covid pandemic and the unnecessary deaths caused by his actions which are going to taint him and anyone in Democratic politics in that state associated with him once there's a real investigation. This harassment thing (while disturbing) is a minor issue he can fall on the sword for and get him out of the public eye, so that when the investigation happens the Party can say "Hey man, he's not even in office anymore. Can't we move on?" as opposed to being about a sitting governor with ongoing ties to other Democratic politicians.

And we should always speak out when one of our own does wrong, even if it's politically inconvenient. We're not Republicans and this isn't a religious organization. Even if I think the Biden thing is a calculated play to distance himself, he did the right thing in saying something as leader of the Party. If he wanted to truly do the right thing he'd call for that investigation into the handling of Covid as well. But again, bad optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Probably. Though if I were them, I'd look closely into my own closet to see what might be hidden in there before speaking out. Though, perhaps not speaking out might be a sign to other Dems that they had something to hide....

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice NOT to deceive.
    I think it's safe to say PA's Tom Wolf isn't, well....a wolf. Heck, you could say our governor sounds more like a librarian before his first cup of coffee in the morning than a typical boisterous politician, but, I'm cool with that.

Jeez...

How quickly folks will forget when it's just that "Classic Coke..." Illinois corruption...

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=98131296

Obama Calls On Blagojevich To Step Down

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Jeez...

How quickly folks will forget when it's just that "Classic Coke..." Illinois corruption...

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=98131296
    I stand corrected. Forgot about Obama and Blago.