Page 107 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Provided he loses, provided he doesn't go to Jail, and provided his health holds up for this to be plausible, how could the Republican party run an Impeached President, who would have lost the popular vote twice (can't see Biden just winning the EC) as the face of their party with a straight face? It would be admitting that that the reserves are empty and they have no one else left to challenge for the presidency.
    The parties don't pick the candidates (no matter what the Bernie Bros say), the primary voters do.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 05-26-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm sure Biden will win the popular vote but I feel he'll lose the electoral vote. I wish the US would do away with that.
    I know it is early, but right now the polls still show a crushing defeat for Trump in the Electoral College:

Something major would have to happen for Biden to fall behind so badly. Maybe if he picked Ann Coulter for the Veep position. Or if video of him raping Tara Reade on a pile of money during a Burisma board meeting surfaced. Or if he fell into a coma and the DNC replaced him with Bernie Sanders.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

There's a poll out today that has Biden within 3 points of Trump in Utah. UTAH.

Seriously, if Mitt Romney endorses Biden against party (and Mitt did vote to impeach), I think there's an upset out there. Maybe without it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yup. Saw this coming. So get ready for a flu shot shortage in the fall.
    Might be offset by people being afraid of waiting rooms.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Seriously, if Mitt Romney endorses Biden against party (and Mitt did vote to impeach), I think there's an upset out there. Maybe without it.
    Romney might hope for a cabinet position in a Biden White House. Joe has hinted that, like Obama, he might try to find a sane-ish Republican to make it a bipartisan cabinet.

Hillary was right!

Despite being full on conservatives, the Mormons have always been uncomfortable with Trump's attempts to play insult comic. Many of them probably held their noses when they voted for him the first time, and he has done all he can to prove those fears correct. Without a Hilary Clinton in the other column a few are likely to rethink 2016. I don't think it will be enough to flip the state, but it does seem to be a slight possibility.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Romney might hope for a cabinet position in a Biden White House. Joe has hinted that, like Obama, he might try to find a sane-ish Republican to make it a bipartisan cabinet.
    Romney also has a level of competence in dealing with things that Biden might want to call upon - If I recall, Romney was the guy tapped to fix the debacle that was the Salt Lake Olympics, and he did fairly well considering how bad the situation he walked into was.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Our schools are funded by local real estate taxes. Because I've had a long day, I will not spell out why that's depressing.
    Correct.

Now to point a few things.

The evidence generally points to "bad apples" as students who have some sort of underlining condition, (ADHD, learning disabilities, executive functioning, anxiety) or socio economic status issues (abusive home ect) Children who come from stable 2 parent middle class homes with no underlining condition, do not usually exhibit severe bad behavior, and come to school ready to learn. So there is a certain amount of biological determinism & environmental issues in play.
    Let me comment on this-there are TWO issues.

1) In order to tests kid for any of that-we need PARENTAL permission. That is battle number one. Most won't do it unless you tell them they can get a CHECK for certain conditions. Don't ask me because I am not sure of which ones qualify. I don't think someone like Becky from Glee or Corky from Life Goes On qualifies. I don't think Max from NBC's Parenthood counts.

2) In order to test a kid for those conditions. You need a diagnostician. They do NOT come CHEAP. My district has about 120. Why you ask??? Because they can make WAY more money in private practice or other fields.

Here are the requirements for diagnostician.

Master's Degree from an accredited university; professional certification as an Educational Diagnostician by the Texas Education Agency
    Valid Texas teaching certification with a minimum of three years of successful teaching in a public or private school setting

Successful completion of the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES)
    Knowledge of the administration and interpretation of a wide variety of psycho-educational evaluation instruments
    Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional and Encore
    Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral format
    Must have own transportation and be willing to travel throughout the district
    Ability to communicate in Spanish and Sign Language is a plus
    Minimum Salary: 62,359.00
    120 folks needing to test MINIMUM 5000 kids. FYI we're behind 2 years.

It's hard to fill in those jobs to cover that part.

Children who come from stable 2 parent middle class homes with no underlining condition, do not usually exhibit severe bad behavior, and come to school ready to learn. So there is a certain amount of biological determinism & environmental issues in play.
    One more thing I have worked with "bad" kids for now 20 years. The majority have graduated high school, joined the military, went to college (including YALE-yes YALE) and the work force (some own LEGIT businesses). I know about 100 who have been to jail and 20 who are in prison. 3 who have killed folks. Who have come from some of the worst situations that would make the WIRE look TAME.

Rose Twitter out there speculating that Amy Cooper must be a centrist Democrat, because a Republican would not have worn a mask to the park. It doesn't even cross their minds that she could be "one of them" of the Joe Rogan wing of Rose Twitter.

I think she is Canadian, actually.

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Ultimately, it seems we come back to PwrdOns earlier post about even distribution of funding through all districts to ensure an even playing field. That and possibly a program to identify and serve problem students earlier.
    Abandonment shouldn't even be on the table IMO.
    Even if you level the funding or field. Each district is different.

I have 350 schools in my district. We are going to be DIFFERENT in spreading the wealth than Allen ISD.

We have 4 single sex schools.
    6 collegiate academies.
    3 magnet school.
    3 Pre K school (full time)
    Next year our first elementary art academy school
    Allen doesn't have that.

I personally think with support the bad apples behavior will be nullified under a strong community classroom that has natural leaders, but as you stated, once private schools become the norm, the public school system is left holding the bag for all the students they choose not to take.
    At the elementary level that is happening. K-5 your good kids outnumber your bad ones at most schools.

So why doesn't continue into middle school? Easy-the power of CHOICE arrives.A 6th grader in my district has 6 choices of schools to go to (honest they always had that choice with OPEN school districts. You can go anywhere are long as that school has space and you have your OWN transportation).

Lets say you talented 10th went to other schools and your left with the bad apples. Now add them to school where you got more bad apples and kids repeating grades (16 years old in the 6th grade).
    Hello crappy middle school.

High School where the kid now has 20 choices of schools. Repeat and rinse the issues. Thus you get struggling high school.

Let me give yall something else to think on. The power of choice is the source of most of this. What I mean is that bad kid has too many SAFETY NETS.

Why would I care about school as kid to teen when I know I can run to Dallas Can, GED programs, diploma factories and State Workforce programs. I can stay in school until 21 (or 24 in some cases). Basically these kids abuse programs that were meant to help.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Rose Twitter out there speculating that Amy Cooper must be a centrist Democrat, because a Republican would not have worn a mask to the park. It doesn't even cross their minds that she could be "one of them" of the Joe Rogan wing of Rose Twitter.

I think she is Canadian, actually.
    I'm curious what else we will see speculated on this case:

* She's related to the man she falsely accused because they have the same surname.
    * Both have a business where they make barrels, because they're coopers.
    * Her cocker spaniel has been repossessed to track down missing kidnapped children in a secret basement under a pizza parlor.
    * She wore a mask so no one realizes she's an adult Jon Benet Ramsey.

Meanwhile, following the news out of Minneapolis... the three police officers present at the murder of George Floyd as well as his murderer have been fired from the force.

Awaiting an announcement of an arrest and/or charges from the D.A.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm curious what else we will see speculated on this case:

* She's related to the man she falsely accused because they have the same surname.
    * Both have a business where they make barrels, because they're coopers.
    * Her cocker spaniel has been repossessed to track down missing kidnapped children in a secret basement under a pizza parlor.
    * She wore a mask so no one realizes she's an adult Jon Benet Ramsey.

Meanwhile, following the news out of Minneapolis... the three police officers present at the murder of George Floyd as well as his murderer have been fired from the force.

Awaiting an announcement of an arrest and/or charges from the D.A.
    Waiting for the Minneapolis police union to do the scummy thing and file an action to get those firings overturned.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

Now to point a few things.

Let me comment on this-there are TWO issues.

1) In order to tests kid for any of that-we need PARENTAL permission. That is battle number one. Most won't do it unless you tell them they can get a CHECK for certain conditions. Don't ask me because I am not sure of which ones qualify. I don't think someone like Becky from Glee or Corky from Life Goes On qualifies. I don't think Max from NBC's Parenthood counts.

2) In order to test a kid for those conditions. You need a diagnostician. They do NOT come CHEAP. My district has about 120. Why you ask??? Because they can make WAY more money in private practice or other fields.

Here are the requirements for diagnostician.

120 folks needing to test MINIMUM 5000 kids. FYI we're behind 2 years.

It's hard to fill in those jobs to cover that part.
    Dang. I have a learning disability, so I guess I was luckier than I thought to go to a wealthy district

#JusticeForCarolyn is trending on Twitter. not sure yet what to make of it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.