Page 367 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 75153

Happy Fourth Politic Thread Family!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Running for President despite being unqualified only works for straight, white racist, old guys like Trump. Should be entertaining enough to see Kanye West embarrass himself though, but there’s zero chance he’ll even be taken seriously as a real candidate. He’d be better off pushing his presidential run to 2023 or something when things are likely to be a lot more stable by then. Kanye has never been too bright despite his talents, but this seems like just a ploy for more attention but it wouldn’t surprise me given his immense and delusional ego(which is something he has in common with Trump) that he actually has convinced himself he actually has a shot at winning this despite the odds being so badly against him.

Kanye West has already alienated much of the black community with his support of Trump. There’s literally footage/photos with him sitting side-by-side smiling with Trump with a MAGA hat on. That alone will make Kanye have a weaker standing with the black vote than even an old white man like Joe Biden. We’re going through a unprecedented crisis with high unemployment rates, a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives and counting, and civil unrest over police brutality. Kanye West’s run will only been seen as opportunistic, and ultimately pointless distraction that might risk taking votes from Biden and helping Trump to a degree.

Though I still can’t see Kanye impacting the race in a major way. He’s so weak of a candidate that even Tulsi Gabbard would’ve squashed him like a bug in the primaries had he participated in them. Isn’t crazy that Kanye West running for President isn’t even in the top ten craziest stories of this year? This news seems rather tame in comparison to the vast majority of the stuff that’s happened. Question now is he running as a Democrat to challenge the presumptive nominee Joe Biden or is he simply running as an independent?
    I read he was running as a Republican, challenging Trump. Not that he could, since the primaries are pretty much over already.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looks like WBE is going to be busy this year. Maybe next year won't be so crazy.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-05-2020 at 12:33 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I wonder if he is actually going to run, or is he just trolling on Twitter.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

She should be in quarantine. She hugged Mini-Melania a day before her SARS-COV-2 diagnosis.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

In both 2015, as well as 2016, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Brian Kurcaba, a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates who weeks into his first term in office, made headlines for arguing against exceptions for rape and incest on a proposed 20-week abortion ban in a less than brilliant way when he said, "For somebody to take advantage of somebody else in such a horrible and terrifying and brutal way is absolutely disgusting. But what is beautiful is the child that could come as a production of this." Well, finding anything about that situation as “beautiful” caused a stir, and Kurcaba forced reporters to reset the calendars of “number of days since Republicans talked about rape” to zero. That incident was a sign Kurcaba was an anti-abortion fanatic, and he further demonstrated it by voting for West Virginia's SB 10, to prevent "dismemberment" abortions. He also had supported removing the requirement for both licensing people to use concealed carry of firearms so that everyone could just do so, and his support of repealing the public school requirement that children be vaccinated before being put into classes (y’know, so they don’t all get each other sick and die of things like whooping cough). So he’s a pro-life guy who doesn’t care if there’s an increased risk of children getting shot or dying of a preventable disease, because that makes sense. Kurcaba opted to not try for a second term in office, probably because of his more… uncomfortable thoughts about rape.

In both 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profiled Cindy Frich, a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates for District 51 who served in office originally from 2003-2007, and then after a three-year hiatus from the state legislature, failed in a bid for a West Virginia State Senate seat in 2010, then returned to office in 2012. Frich became noteworthy not long after an entire community’s drinking water became contaminated in her district, and after years of opposing the sorts of regulations that would have prevented the tragedy… once the community were all hopping made about it, Frich suddenly supposedly reversed course and became more open to the idea of regulations on the chemical industry, which made Jordan Klepper of the Daily Show notice her and head out to interview her. Which… Klepper’s job was way too easy. Frich related how she drank water that made her “feel lightheaded” and “burned her throat”, but she continued to repeatedly ingest the water from the tap in spite of every taste being clearly abnormal. And she didn’t just tell a story that made her look that dumb… she actually starred in her own re-enactment where she wore a mask and tutu that also featured her stubborn sips, glass after glass after glass, before she opted to get a drink of not bottled water… but soup. Klepper asked her, in response, ”As a child, did you ever put your hand in fire, realize it hurt, and then think to myself, I’m going to do this two more times and then put my hand in soup fire?” Of course, Klepper also ended the interview by pointing out that while Frich was supporting a bill to limit the one chemical contaminant from the water in this instance... she was still voting to loosen restrictions on keeping selenium levels in the water down. At that point, Frich, in her infinite wisdom, finally caught on and realized that she was going to look like an idiot on TV… too late. As much as we’d like to just let her Daily Show appearance and her failed attempts to claim she was selectively edited to look like a boob (seriously, you put on masks and danced around pretending to be addled in the brain by chemicals in the drinking water, Cindy), her voting record is hardly indicative of a fully functioning brain, from a policy standpoint. She’s voted against raising the minimum wage during the greatest period of income inequality our nation has seen in almost a century, voted to try and repeal to the hourly wage laws for workers on public improvement projects, voted for West Virginia Republicans’ attempt to pass a “religious freedom” bill, and voted for the West Virginia GOP’s attempt to place a ban on “dismemberment” abortions, as if that’s a thing. As much as West Virginia is supposedly “Trump Country” these days, where Republicans are considered relatively unstoppable at the polls… Cindy Frich was sent packing in 2018 after her whole district got flipped. As such, we will set aside her profile at this time and take a look at another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 886-45, since this was established in July 2014.)

Derrick Grayson

Welcome to what is the 886th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Derrick Grayson, who has been an unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2014, 2016, and is currently challenging Senator Kelly Loeffler for her seat in the U.S. Senate in 2020. We should also mention that he refers to himself as the “Minister of Truth”, and was nearly the Libertarian Party’s 2016 Vice Presidential candidate, but ended up losing out to Bill Weld even though there were large, bearded men campaigning for him stripping on stage at the Libertarian Party’s convention.

That last sentence probably caused our readers to go, “WAIT, WTF?” and from here, everyone should be aware of what they’re in for on this entry.

One of the more unique things about Grayson is that he has a background as a convicted felon, and served time in prison 25 years ago. That's only the beginning...

Back during his 2014 Senate campaign, Derrick Grayson came out in support of deadbeat tax scofflaw and incompetent racist rancher Cliven Bundy, even after Bundy felt the need to tell reporters “something about the negro”, and stated his desire to try and impeach President Barack Obama. He also claimed both party’s were acting like “royals” in the Georgia State Assembly, called his own party “a bunch of damn bigots” (okay, maybe that’s not so bad), styled himself as a “Ron Paul Republican” (he wants to legalize ALL drugs), and said he didn’t celebrate Black History Month because “it was created to pacify black people.

In 2016, Derrick Grayson got pretty cutthroat in his campaign strategy, actively attacking Sen. Johnny Isakson’s health as a means of fundraising. The Isakson campaign responded by pointing out Grayson’s criminal past, and just moved on without any real threat from him.

His 2020 campaign has seen Grayson on Twitter doing things like de-legitimize protests against police violence by claiming they’re using racial discrimination as a front to attack Donald Trump, and argue in favor of Republican Governors not issuing “stay at home” orders during the Covid-19 pandemic and attacking Democratic governors like New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for his efforts, claiming that Democrats are “pro-slavery.

Needless to say, we’re not expecting Derrick Grayson to break the 3% threshold in the vote in 2020, and he is unlikely to ever reach office as a Republican or a Libertarian.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm sure he has no idea either. The cynic in me suspects this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to bolster sales of an upcoming album. That fool needs to just go away.

====================

Trump Blames China For COVID-19 Spread At Crowded Independence Day Celebration

The president, who was not wearing a mask, claimed without evidence that 99% of U.S. coronavirus cases are “totally harmless” at the National Mall event. Meanwhile....

More Than 11 Million Coronavirus Cases Confirmed Worldwide

The latest grim milestone follows several record-setting days in the U.S.

Betsy Ross, Jackie Robinson And Antonin Scalia — Trump Seeks “Garden of American Heroes”

President Trump has proposed a monument featuring 30-plus figures from American history, at a time when many Americans are grappling with tributes to controversial icons of the past. A diversion from the statues of LOSERS from the Confederacy still standing.

Ivanka Trump’s ‘Gaslighting’ Fourth of July Coronavirus Advice Backfires

“The absolute and total lack of shame is breathtaking. Just an utter inability to hear herself,” one Twitter user responded. Well, that comes from the fact that Ms. Complicit, just like dear daddy, don't give a **** about the virus.

Is Congress Ready For QAnon?

The Republican Party has a conspiracy cult problem. And it’s not going away. Those nutbags make Tea Partiers look sane.

Critics Mock Trump For Choking On ‘Totalitarianism’ In Mount Rushmore Diatribe

“He used OUR Independence Day to tell a majority of our country that we are not welcome here in America,” snapped one.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I... WBE.... I... WHAT?!?!!

https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/...62816324763648

Beyoncé is not even African American. She is faking this for exposure. Her real name is Ann Marie Lastrassi. She is Italian. This is all part of the Soros Deep State agenda for the Black Lives Matter movement. BEYONCÉ YOU ARE ON NOTICE!
    KW Miller is a Republican running for Fl-18.

You all do know that Beyoncé’s song “Formation” was a secret coded message to the globalists I certainly hope?

The song clearly admitted that she was demonic and that she worshipped in the Satanist churches located in Alabama & Louisiana.

She keeps Satanist symbols in her bag.
    o.o I don't even.

I know you already have Miller in the queue from your previous link about QAnon but OH MY GOD WHAT.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-05-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If we ever do Secret Santa again, I got a funny feeling you'll just skip the pretense and request a gift certificate to the local liquor store.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

o.o I don't even.

I know you already have Miller in the queue from your previous link about QAnon but OH MY GOD WHAT.
    Oh... Lord...

Remember how in the 1980s, people thought songs had satanic messages if you ran them backwards? Now people are claiming songs have secret codes. You can come up with theories for anything if you squint hard enough.

I remember how one guy doing what amounts to the Homer Simpson sperm dance at the Billboard Music Awards (at least, from what I remember) was him being possessed according to some nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Oh... Lord...

Remember how in the 1980s, people thought songs had satanic messages if you ran them backwards? Now people are claiming songs have secret codes. You can come up with theories for anything if you squint hard enough.

I remember how one guy doing what amounts to the Homer Simpson sperm dance at the Billboard Music Awards (at least, from what I remember) was him being possessed according to some nutjobs.
    LOL, yeah. I remember. Also, I have been corrected that this guy may be running as an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    If we ever do Secret Santa again, I got a funny feeling you'll just skip the pretense and request a gift certificate to the local liquor store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

o.o I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There's a difference between some level of sexism, which is always going to be around in some form, and
    And the word "obliterated" which is the word you used to describe sexism in the '80s. You said it, not me.

It wasn't mostly obliterated then, and it isn't now. Just because you can't smack Sally on the ass in the workplace doesn't mean sexism and outdated gender roles weren't still a prevalent part of society, and the military.