Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Between you, James Bond and Tony Stark, who has the most damaged liver?
    Probably Bond. Tony quit drinking some time ago. I'm uh... I'm giving it to Bond. He's been hard drinking for like 5 decades. I'm still really only getting on the first one because of this.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You're giving them credit for not vetoing something everyone wants. Like, that's the low bar you're applauding. Baker didn't spitefully sabotage something Democrats worked on, and everyone wants.

That's not revolutionary, that's how government should just operate.

I got him, and a fifth of scotch.
    It's a low bar but that's where we are
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Ditto.

In the here and now?

That gets a particularly reserved golf clap.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Que sera, indeed.

Probably Bond. Tony quit drinking some time ago. I'm uh... I'm giving it to Bond. He's been hard drinking for like 5 decades. I'm still really only getting on the first one because of this.
    With all the casual sex he has had, a damaged liver might be the least of Bond's problems....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With all the casual sex he has had, a damaged liver might be the least of Bond's problems....
    SNL had an episode back in Season 25 where Garth Brooks played Bond's doctor and informed him he had ALL the STD's. Including ones normally only found in marine life.

It's getting reeeealll hard for Republicans to make the "both sides are just as bad" argument when they aren't just running adherents to the Qanon conspiracy theory... they're putting people who created it and were at the insurrection on 1/6 up for elected office.

Disgraceful.

Literally the guy who it is widely believed created Q is running for congress in Arizona but we should definitely be more worried about the 'productive' having to 'subsidize' the 'unproductive', or as teh rest of us like to call it, 'society'.

SNL had an episode back in Season 25 where Garth Brooks played Bond's doctor and informed him he had ALL the STD's. Including ones normally only found in marine life.
    A friend told me about that but I have never been able to find the clip. His description always made me think the doc was played by Will Farrell in Alex Trebek mode.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That said, they aren't the only two folks guilty of that.

The issue is that Chappelle seems like he is smart enough to be able to grasp the whole of the big picture here.
    He thought it was smart to have in person comedy shows in the middle of a pandemic, sooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bosses have affairs with people below them a lot. Its a power deal and some see it as that. Monica was a college kid who had an affair with her boss. She was old enough to know better as he was.

In each case its 2 adults making a bad decision. Clinton had a number of them but as we saw...Americans didn't care since. A : He was well liked regardless. B : The country was running great.

Trying to cancel Bill Clinton 20+ years later in that video details how wild it is. With soley blaming him as attempt. As Bill Burr joked in his podcast awhile back...

"They are trying to cancel John Wayne now ! Did you see what he said in Playboy ?! Your too late...an act of God did that 40 years ago ."
    It was an internship. I think the big problem with office affairs like that is when the woman feels she does not have a choice because it could negatively affect her career. Not sure that is a factor with an internship. Could Monica have been worried that the President could harm her future careers by telling people she was "difficult to work with"? Sure, but that does sound far fetched.

So earlier this week at a Glenn Youngkin for VA Governor event, Republican supporters dragged out an American flag they claimed was present at the January 6th attack, and pledged allegiance to this specific flag... leading some historians to already note the Nazis did the same thing with a bloody flag after the Beer Hall Putsch and eventually used it in ceremonies to "sanctify" other Nazi flags. The event was organized by... who else... Steve Bannon.

It's hard to tell sometimes if these loons are deliberately or accidentally cribbing from the Nazis' notebook. Either is damning.
    Yet somehow, the view from Europe is that THAT party, that rotten to the core, fascist, conspiracy theory loving GOP is quite likely to regain Congressional power in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    He thought it was smart to have in person comedy shows in the middle of a pandemic, sooooo
    Andy Kaufman wrestled women.

It's a sucker's bet to buy into that either of those instances actually reflects the intelligence of the men in question.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It was an internship. I think the big problem with office affairs like that is when the woman feels she does not have a choice because it could negatively affect her career. Not sure that is a factor with an internship. Could Monica have been worried that the President could harm her future careers by telling people she was "difficult to work with"? Sure, but that does sound far fetched.
    In reading on her affairs with older men I believe its linked to her parents divorce. That she had issues with wanting a father figure in her life so she searched for that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Eric Clapton's Covid vaccine conspiracies mark a sad final act

Truth be told, our reckoning with who Eric Clapton really is has been a long time coming.

Clapton may have been branded Rolling Stone magazine’s second-greatest guitarist of all time, and is a three-time Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee who has inspired legions to try to follow in his footsteps, but the shiny veneer papering over his belief systems has always been paper thin.
    What came after that can now be seen as a long, slow decline, culminating in a series of self-inflicted wounds regarding Covid-19. Since last year, Clapton has repeatedly used his vast platform to do his utmost to undermine expert medical advice. He has opposed lockdowns and made suspicious claims about the dangers of vaccines. This spring, he said in videos posted on a friend’s YouTube channel that scientific studies, expert opinions and public health recommendations extolling the importance of vaccines were “propaganda,” and most recently doubled down by vowing he wouldn’t perform to what he termed “discriminated audiences” in venues requiring proof of vaccination.
    But many fans still seem to have been caught by surprise. In a lengthy piece this month by writer David Browne in Rolling Stone — which has treated the artist with reverence for more than half a century — Clapton is painted as a conspiracy peddler of the highest order, and a racist of the lowest.

“He’s been so relentless with this vax stuff,” Browne told me. “It’s been a year now of making statements and videos. And he hasn’t let up. And after a while it became a question of ‘what is going on here?’”

Browne, like so many of us, grew up with Clapton’s music. But what he found was much worse than he’d imagined. Clapton hasn’t just been spouting Covid vaccine misinformation over the past year — in interviews, in his inarguably terrible Covid protest single, and in his arguably even more awful collaboration with Van Morrison — he’s also been helping to bankroll the fringe, U.K.-based group of anti-vaxx musicians Jam for Freedom.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Texas school official tells teachers that Holocaust books should be countered with ‘opposing’ views

A North Texas school district apologized late Thursday after an administrator advised teachers that if they have books about the Holocaust in their classrooms, they should also include reading materials that have “opposing” perspectives of the genocide that killed millions of Jews.

During a training session on what books teachers can have in their classroom libraries, Gina Peddy, executive director of curriculum and instruction for the Carroll Independent School District, referenced a new Texas law that requires educators to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues.

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said on Oct. 8, according to a recording obtained by NBC News, which first reported the story. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.