What I find funny about this whole thig is how people are shocked that a man who made a career of saying offensive edgy stuff you know said edgy offensive stuff. Guy has been doing this for years. Yet now it is a line.

The thing about Chapelle love him or hate hime is he is not a dumb man. I am sure he knew he would get push back on this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Reading this stuff about Clapton's anti-vax fervor, I wondered if he, like certain politicians here (Rand Paul, Ron DeSantis, et al) has tons of cash invested in alternative treatments of the virus. But, it seems like ol' Slowhand is just a Shitheel.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What I find funny about this whole thig is how people are shocked that a man who made a career of saying offensive edgy stuff you know said edgy offensive stuff. Guy has been doing this for years. Yet now it is a line.

The thing about Chapelle love him or hate hime is he is not a dumb man. I am sure he knew he would get push back on this.
    Given payment details of his last 2 specials from Netflix and all...he isn't clearly a dumb man. He has joked about taking time off after each special. So if he does go away awhile as he did years ago I fully expect people to claim how they "cancelled him". But he seems to say that he plans to take time off each time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Stewart doing this really hurts in a way. Like Stewart as well due to his years on Daily Show but the rant hurt him a lot as he was seen as America's Most trusted Newsman for years without being a serious news guy. Just....well...its hard to watch as I stopped halfway in. Not believing this was Jon Stewart. (I was hoping he was riffing on some conspiracy folks...but saw it wasn't)
    Is it really that unreasonable to ask if it escaped from a lab, given China's obstruction since the beginning?

I don't think that China would unleash a disease like this deliberately, or create it as bio-warfare.

But that some idiot didn't didn't take the right precaution as they were heading home, and **** happened? That's not exactly a Pizza gate conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is it really that unreasonable to ask if it escaped from a lab, given China's obstruction since the beginning?

I don't think that China would unleash a disease like this deliberately, or create it as bio-warfare.

But that some idiot didn't didn't take the right precaution as they were heading home, and **** happened? That's not exactly a Pizza gate conspiracy

I can understand that thinking if it was reasonable done. But Stewart seems to be ranting like the crazy folks you see believing My Pillow Guy. Jon being the reasonable guy he was on Daily Show could have approached this with a ..."We have to question this and whether it was an accidental exposure that leaked out etc..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Given payment details of his last 2 specials from Netflix and all...he isn't clearly a dumb man. He has joked about taking time off after each special. So if he does go away awhile as he did years ago I fully expect people to claim how they "cancelled him". But he seems to say that he plans to take time off each time.
    I bet he takes some time off while every one bitches about cancel culture striking again and then a couple years from now do a "Return" special and make gangbusters on it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I bet he takes some time off while every one bitches about cancel culture striking again and then a couple years from now do a "Return" special and make gangbusters on it.
    Oh I'm betting he does as well. He will make jokes how he caused a **** storm....twice in his life. (If no one remembers he caused a big one quitting Chappelle's Show and taking off from a $55 million dollar deal)

I can understand that thinking if it was reasonable done. But Stewart seems to be ranting like the crazy folks you see believing My Pillow Guy. Jon being the reasonable guy he was on Daily Show could have approached this with a ..."We have to question this and whether it was an accidental exposure that leaked out etc..."
    That would've a perfectly reasonable way to address how it happened as I'm sure people still have questions about the origins of the virus. Instead, Stewart appears to have donned a tinfoil hat and joined the mouth foaming conspiracy set. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That would've a perfectly reasonable way to address how it happened as I'm sure people still have questions about the origins of the virus. Instead, Stewart appears to have donned a tinfoil hat and joined the mouth foaming conspiracy set. Disappointing.
    The Jon Stewart of the mid 2010's would be laughing at the one who appeared on that spot. I guess we all expected better from the guy given our years seeing him and how he fought for 9/11 1st responders etc. To see this...was...so sad.

Texas Law Says Jury Panels Must Be Chosen Randomly. A Brazoria County Official Had a Different Idea.

For at least six years, the district clerk in Brazoria County used a highly unusual and possibly illegal system to assemble jury panels. Under state law, jurors are supposed to be selected at random from the pool of those who’ve been called to jury duty. But Rhonda Barchak, a Republican who served as district clerk in the fast-growing county that stretches from the Houston suburbs to the Gulf Coast, had her own method. Barchak, who resigned in late August after having held the post since 2010, divided up jurors by geographical region, and then by race, to assemble panels for criminal, civil, and family-law trials. As a result of her idiosyncratic system, thousands of verdicts could potentially be overturned, and the county could face an avalanche of lawsuits claiming wrongful convictions.

Brazoria County district attorney Tom Selleck first acknowledged what he termed “irregularities” in an August 25 public statement, writing that “jury trial panels may have been assembled in a manner inconsistent with applicable statutes and laws.” Two days later, Selleck announced that he had asked the Texas Rangers’ Public Integrity Unit to investigate. “The law requires jurors be selected at random,” said Selleck, also a Republican, “and it is this process that is alleged to have been conducted improperly.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Well, of course this insidious **** happened in Texas, and that a Qpublican pulled said stunt. Why am I not surprised?

Hold on. The name of the district attorney for Brazoria County is Tom Selleck? TOM SELLECK? Holy Magnum, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So it's now the Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day. That makes for a nice acronym: FRED. Maybe we can make that the male equivalent of Karen.
    I rebranded... seven years in.

I was approached by someone neurodivergent who compelled me to do so because they felt like it was unfair to people with mental illness to label Republicans with the word "crazy" because they don't want to have their extremism used by the negative term. I'd given it conscious thought for a bit, actually have a person ask me to switch it out was something... but their argument was that for a lot of the people I profile, they don't have some condition, they're just selfish ***holes.

FRED is a neat acronym, but again, I don't want to ruin a name for people who don't deserve it by association. Like this poor guy:

Last edited by worstblogever; 10-16-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I rebranded... seven years in.

I was approached by someone neurodivergent who compelled me to do so because they felt like it was unfair to people with mental illness to label Republicans with the word "crazy" because they don't want to have their extremism used by the negative term. I'd given it conscious thought for a bit, actually have a person ask me to switch it out was something... but their argument was that for a lot of the people I profile, they don't have some condition, they're just selfish ***holes.

FRED is a neat acronym, but again, I don't want to ruin a name for people who don't deserve it by association. Like this poor guy:

I'm not so sure about him. In many episodes, Velma did all the detective work, but Freddy took all the credit.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm not so sure about him. In many episodes, Velma did all the detective work, but Freddy took all the credit.
    And that Ascot Tie he wears! That just screams Dbag!

And that Ascot Tie he wears! That just screams Dbag!
    Maybe he was just ahead of his time when it came to style!