Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

CNN: Georgia prosecutors considering racketeering and conspiracy charges in probe of effort to overturn Trump’s 2020 loss, source says

Racketeering charges, sometimes used in gang-related activity, allow prosecutors to bring charges against multiple defendants. Willis could use the law to try to make the case that Trump and his allies were part of a criminal enterprise in their various efforts to pressure state officials, put forth fake electors and otherwise try to influence the election.

“The reason that I am a fan of RICO is, I think jurors are very, very intelligent,” Willis said at a news conference about a broad gang-related indictment over the summer of 2022. “They want to know what happened. They want to make an accurate decision about someone’s life. And so RICO is a tool that allows a prosecutor’s office and law enforcement to tell the whole story.”

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution recently spoke anonymously with five of the jurors who served on the special grand jury. “A lot’s gonna come out sooner or later,” one of the jurors said. “And it’s gonna be massive. It’s gonna be massive.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Conservatism at its finest:

1.2 million to avoid spending $10,000 out of prue spite and bigotry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-c...122510512.html
    $1.2 million in taxpayer dollars no doubt. But yeah, the cruelty is the point.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Again, those issues can be abated by just opposing him politically, no need for a trolley to run him over what so ever.

People like Putin or Kim Jong-un? No amount of political pressure is going to make those situations better and they are more evil than Mitch by several orders of magnitude so it's not so bad to wish they'd just die already.
    Agreed.

We just disagree with Mitch but we shouldn’t wish harm on him. For his and his family’s sakes I wish him a speedy recovery.

There are people on this planet that deserve death and worse but Mitch IMO isn’t one of them.

What I wish is for Mitch to announce his retirement so that he can focus on his health.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What I wish is for Mitch to announce his retirement so that he can focus on his health.
    +1

If we've learned anything from RGB it's not to hold on to a position just to be in a better position politically, trusting in your failing health.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    +1

If we've learned anything from RGB it's not to hold on to a position just to be in a better position politically, trusting in your failing health.
    True. However, I don’t see McConnell as the retiring type, I’m sure he’ll be back to work as soon as he’s able, even if it’s in a diminished capacity. Sure, he’s accomplished his goal of tilting SCOTUS to the right after adding three conservative Justices, but, I suspect he’ll hang around, if but for no other reason than to spite his enemies, either real or perceived. That’s what cantankerous old farts like him do.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    True. However, I don’t see McConnell as the retiring type, I’m sure he’ll be back to work as soon as he’s able, even if it’s in a diminished capacity. Sure, he’s accomplished his goal of tilting SCOTUS to the right after adding three conservative Justices, but, I suspect he’ll hang around, if but for no other reason than to spite his enemies, either real or perceived. That’s what cantankerous old farts like him do.
    I agree with you, but it doesn't stop my wish for more of these older politicians to start grooming some replacements for themselves rather than hold onto seats until well into their 80's or older.

Astonishing Member

House Republicans seek testimony from Manhattan DA on Trump hush money probe

A trio of Republican House chairmen are demanding testimony from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) ahead of his potential prosecution of former President Trump in connection with hush money payments made ahead of the 2016 election.

The letter to Bragg comes after Trump claimed over the weekend that he could be arrested as soon as Tuesday and asked his supporters to prepare to protest on his behalf.
    It also comes before Bragg has officially made any decision on charging Trump with a crime, and raised concerns among Democrats who said the GOP was inappropriately interfering with the investigation.

The GOP lawmakers cited Trump’s announced bid for office in 2024 in asking for documents and communication about the probe. They said Bragg should sit for an interview “as soon as possible.”

“Your actions will erode confidence in the evenhanded application of justice and unalterably interfere in the course of the 2024 presidential election,” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) wrote in the letter, which was also signed by Chairmen James Comer (R-Ky.) and Bryan Steil (R-Wis.), who lead the Oversight and Administration committees.

“In light of the serious consequences of your actions, we expect that you will testify about what plainly appears to be a politically motivated prosecutorial decision,” Jordan continued.
    “Defending Trump is not a legitimate legislative purpose for Congress to investigate a state district attorney,” Rep. Daniel Goldman (N.Y.), who before joining Congress worked as a counsel to Democrats in Trump’s first impeachment, wrote on Twitter.

“Congress has no jurisdiction to investigate the Manhattan DA, which receives no federal funding nor has any other federal nexus,” Goldman added.

The two front runners are fighting.

FrrkV48WIBAH9-L.jpg

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The two front runners are fighting.

FrrkV48WIBAH9-L.jpg

You can say this about Donald , but as John Oliver has joked ...when he attacks someone with something awful name wise ...it sticks. He knew Ron Sactamonius was not clicking so Meatball Ron was his perfect diss. Now he's attacking Ron's sexuality and making thin hints he's gay. Oh my !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You can say this about Donald , but as John Oliver has joked ...when he attacks someone with something awful name wise ...it sticks. He knew Ron Sactamonius was not clicking so Meatball Ron was his perfect diss. Now he's attacking Ron's sexuality and making thin hints he's gay. Oh my !
    Very sorry, but Trump just reposted with the old nickname.

FrrpptyaUAISuXT.jpg

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Very sorry, but Trump just reposted with the old nickname.

FrrpptyaUAISuXT.jpg

He needs to go back to Meatball Ron. I mean that was the winner.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Caramel Caligula is warming up his insult machine, and DeSantis is squarely in his crosshairs. Now, will Wretched Ron take the bait and respond? Even money says he won’t, not even after the dig about his sexuality. That’s a battle DeSantis knows he can’t possibly win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I agree with you, but it doesn't stop my wish for more of these older politicians to start grooming some replacements for themselves rather than hold onto seats until well into their 80's or older.
    But they don't like groomers.

Extraordinary Member

It seems it just took time, not fictional characters taking over.
    I am happy to be wrong.