Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    She's going to run for Kyrsten Sinema's seat in the U.S. Senate in 2024. Which, if the GOP nominee, will assuredly keep the GOP from getting that seat back.
    I didn't know she had announced she's running - good news for the Dems, like you say!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I didn't know she had announced she's running - good news for the Dems, like you say!
    She hasn't, she's hedging her bets that Trump stays out of jail and she's his VP candidate. More money to grift that way.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ron Dicker
    Fri, March 24, 2023 at 3:57 AM PDT
    Florida state Rep. Will Robinson Jr. (R) got duped this week into reciting made-up names that were silly and sexual. (Watch the video below.)

As Robinson read a list of opponents and supporters of a bill during a House civil justice subcommittee meeting on Monday, he may not have been listening to himself.

“Anita Dick is an opponent,” he said as the woman next to him suppressed a giggle. “Holden Hiscock is also an opponent.”

Sure, it was a junior-high kind of humor. But funny.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-r...105735834.html

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here’s a hypothetical situation: With the legal walls closing in on Trump and a possible indictment looming, would he throw Melania and/or the brats under the nearest Greyhound to save his orange ass, or would they roll over on him first if they fear being backstabbed?

Another hypothetical situation: A neighbor who hates Trump predicted he’ll flee the country rather than go on trial if he’s indicted. Could that scenario happen?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I keep hearing how significant numbers of Democrats don't want Biden to run for reelection in 2024. But I don't hear about any Democrats willing to run in his place. So how is Biden supposed to step down if no one else in his Party wants the job?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I keep hearing how significant numbers of Democrats don't want Biden to run for reelection in 2024. But I don't hear about any Democrats willing to run in his place. So how is Biden supposed to step down if no one else in his Party wants the job?
    That is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    That is an issue.
    But can't it also be argued that the fact that he's hinting at running again makes other prospective Dem candidates not wanting to step up? Who wants to run when it potentially means facing an incumbent POTUS from your own party?
    Last edited by hyped78; 03-24-2023 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    But can't it also be argued that the fact that he's hinting at running again makes other prospective Dem candidates not wanting to step up? Who wants to run when it potentially means facing an incumbent POTUS from your own party?
    That hasn't stopped people facing up against the one true President Trump. Anyone wanting to run could try and talk with Biden and get his backing rather than run to oppose him, as opposed to the Conservative side of things now.

That is an issue.
    I think it's kind of helpful, strategically. The media gets to hone in on real and predicted in-fighting among Republicans, making Dems seem at least vaguely united, by comparison. Probably a momentary retrieve, because the story of the division between "progressives" and "traditional Democrats" never gets old.

Biden's VP is the obvious choice, but not only will the racism and misogyny come out in full force once she's even hinted as the candidate, but welcome to No Progressives Support This Candidate.

Honestly, I kind of like the karmic opportunity it would present to the country, if it came down to re-electing the lying criminal insurrectionist who clearly puts personal gain above all else -- or a woman of color, that you may find personally disagreeable.

People who "just didn't like" Hillary get a chance to double down.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

This ties into the "Do you trust" threads, Cancel Culture, and mostly the way News has devolved over the years and is very interesting. I recommend watching it.

Astonishing Member

Too early still, I'm sure we'll get a slew of dems, later this year, announcing they'll run for office.

That hasn't stopped people facing up against the one true President Trump. Anyone wanting to run could try and talk with Biden and get his backing rather than run to oppose him, as opposed to the Conservative side of things now.
    The GOP is a circus.

"Anyone wanting to run could try and talk with Biden and get his backing rather than run to oppose him" - perhaps that has already happened in the background and we just don't know about it?

Not because he's doing a bad job or anything like that, but due to age I'd like to see Biden step down and endorse another candidate. I've mentioned before that I think both Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer would be terrific candidates, the latter having the advantage of being from the Midwest.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I thought the magic crystals lady had already announced?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I thought the magic crystals lady had already announced?
    Serious candidates

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Fr_0opBXgAYKHHr.jpg

Trump is now calling on his followers to cause "death and destruction" if he gets indicted by Bragg.