Mighty Member

Okay, let's all just give up! If the country is broken beyond all repair, if absolutely nothing can be done by us, we surrender! Congratulations gun lobby! Congratulations maga! We know when we're licked! We won't bother to vote ever again! Hell, we might as well join the winning team and vote for whoever trump tells us to!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We have so many guns because we have these idiots that like to dress in cheap Dicks Sporting Goods Cameo and play soldiers on the green. They have their assault riffles and watch action movies and think they are the protectors of America. The fact is if they fought the government they would be in their little shacks or hiding in the woods with their guns thinking they will beat the big evil government mean while a cruse missile from a ship 500 miles away or some bombs from a plane a couple miles in the air takes their dumb asses out before they can fire a shot.

Or even funnier the same group that thinks they will protect Merica from Russia or China when they invade. Too many viewings of Red Dawn I think.
    Exactly...
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Okay, let's all just give up! If the country is broken beyond all repair, if absolutely nothing can be done by us, we surrender! Congratulations gun lobby! Congratulations maga! We know when we're licked! We won't bother to vote ever again! Hell, we might as well join the winning team and vote for whoever trump tells us to!
    Of course that is not the answer. But on a day like today it is easy to see why people feel hopeless and depressed. It is natural to come to a place to vent and blow off steam.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Thank you for saying exactly what I thought.

I have never posted in this thread before today. I do not talk politics with anyone. I am that upset over this that I posted here.
    Me too. First time I’m pretty sure. I’m just so upset and feel so powerless. I needed to vent somewhere.

The last thing we need is armed security and cops in schools.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There will never be a United States without guns. Ergo, you will always have the threat to public schools unless you have a level of security at the schools.

Ultimate Member

If we had them at every school, the nutbags would just go elsewhere, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Me too. First time I’m pretty sure. I’m just so upset and feel so powerless. I needed to vent somewhere.
    I feel the same way. I just don't know what to say to my 6 year old and 9 year old tomorrow when people or other kids are talking about this. Very sad.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The News has confirmed that a 19th child has passed away.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The News has confirmed that a 19th child has passed away.
    It just keeps getting worse.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I feel the same way. I just don't know what to say to my 6 year old and 9 year old tomorrow when people or other kids are talking about this. Very sad.
    I feel for you. My wife and I don’t have kids but I worry about my nephews. If I did have kids, I’d probably homeschool them at this point. Just because I’m so terrified of these shootings.

Ultimate Member

Didn't they have an armed guard at Parkland and the guy didn't even engage with the shooter...or am I misremembering things?
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-24-2022 at 07:45 PM.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Yeah. Just finished reviewing active shooter stuff with the 10 year old...again. 10 years old. She gotta worry about that in addition to ye good ol' domestic terrorists and the popo. I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Didn't they have an armed guard at Parkland and the guy didn't even engage with the shooter...or am I misremembering things?
    You are correct, just as in the Buffalo shooting there was a retired police officer that fired back but was unfortunately ineffective due to body armor. The answer is not more escalation of arms.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If we had them at every school, the nutbags would just go elsewhere, anyways.
    Exactly.

It won't solve the problem of mass shootings.

For whatever reason, mass shootings are trending upwards and the US has done zero to curtail gun sales. If anything it's the complete opposite.

Mental health is a problem everywhere in the world. The only difference is that mentally stressed/unhealthy people don't have easy access to firearms everywhere in the world. I mean, Texas itself passed legislation recently that allowed people to carry concealed weapons without a permit. Some states in the US are going out of their way to make it easier to obtain firearms and the results will speak for themselves over time.