Just a reminder, GOP members have whipped up a senseless and inevitably violent hysteria against trans people.

https://twitter.com/mollytaft/status...053504/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just a reminder, GOP members have whipped up a senseless and inevitably violent hysteria against trans people.

https://twitter.com/mollytaft/status...053504/photo/1
    I was reminded this morning while working on forthcoming profile updates that there's literally a GOP Congressman from Georgia, Rick Allen, who quoted an Old Testament line in the Bible about putting gay people to death, and guess what? GOP LEADERSHIP DID NOTHING, AND HE'S STILL IN OFFICE YEARS LATER.

This is who they are.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I was reminded this morning while working on forthcoming profile updates that there's literally a GOP Congressman from Georgia, Rick Allen, who quoted an Old Testament line in the Bible about putting gay people to death, and guess what? GOP LEADERSHIP DID NOTHING, AND HE'S STILL IN OFFICE YEARS LATER.

This is who they are.
    But I'm sure a conservative poster will be along soon to tell us how this doesn't reflect on the party at all.

But I'm sure a conservative poster will be along soon to tell us how this doesn't reflect on the party at all.
    Nah, they just say silent, they like to put their fingers in their ears on these ones and change the conversation.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 06-20-2022 at 09:48 AM.

This is who they are.
    There is such a massive disconnect between the Old and New Testaments on issues like this, that I honestly don’t really understand how people can regard the Bible as a single coherent book.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised how people can believe the stories in the bible. Talking snakes, giants, people living 900+ years, 7 days of creation, splitting the red sea...I believe Jesus was a real person with some type of psychosis who started a following (what we now call a cult) that blew up throughout the world as a religion.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Or point out that if you give an infinite number of typewriters to an infinite number of monkeys, one of them would eventually write a story about Democrats doing the same thing.

They will read about it and say

"Blah Blah both sides Hunters Emails."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    There is such a massive disconnect between the Old and New Testaments on issues like this, that I honestly don’t really understand how people can regard the Bible as a single coherent book.
    The funny thing is that the Old Testament is the book of my people, Jews. Yet, most Jews in America tend to be politically left. The ones who use the Old Testament to go after the LGBT community tend to be Christian fundamentalists.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The story is new, the ad ran back in February, though.

Brand new though, is sexual deviant Eric Greitens' ad, in which he suggest hunting and killing fellow Republicans if they are considered "RINOS".
    Disgusting! I reported that asswipe a couple of hours ago. God knows there too much violence, too many shootings in the country now without this scumbag adding fuel to the fire.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The story is new, the ad ran back in February, though.

Brand new though, is sexual deviant Eric Greitens' ad, in which he suggest hunting and killing fellow Republicans if they are considered "RINOS".
    The GOP is truly a cult that worships violence and ignorance.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The GOP is truly a cult that worships violence and ignorance.
    Truly, though I constantly find myself stunned at the length to which they go.

Mike Pence, for example, attacking a president as a liar.

And he's not referring to the man who tried to have him killed...

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...hoods-1371398/

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

On this date one year ago, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” first profiled the sitting U.S. House Representative from Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District, Tom Tiffany, who after losing in races for Wisconsin State Senate in 2004 and 2008 and served one term in the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010-2012. He then greased himself up with his prior jobs in the petroleum industry to grab a spot in Congress in a special election in May of 2020 to replace the utter dumbass who we kept track of for years, former Congressman Sean Duffy. Barely 13 months into the gig, we’re not sure of who’s worse, but in a short amount of time, Tiffany has made it more of a debate then we thought there possibly could be.

We’re not even kidding that it didn’t take long, as only two days after Tiffany had won his special election, he made headlines for using the racist term “Wuhan Virus” to refer to Covid-19 in a letter where he called for the Wisconsin Secretary of Health to resign, furious that she recommended business closures to prevent the spread of the pandemic, attacking her and Governor Tony Evers:

Facing a November rematch with the Democrat he defeated in the special election, Andrea Junker, Tiffany released a “Back the Blue” ad in October of 2020 that accused Junker of wanting to “defund the police”. Which, of course, isn’t something that Junker actually wanted to do. Meanwhile, Junker pointed out something we’ll note below, that Tom Tiffany was one of only 17 Republicans who voted against a resolution to condemn the Qanon conspiracy theory after one Congressman started getting death threats, and Tiffany claimed he voted against it because it was “political posturing” by Nancy Pelosi.

Which, holding a posture that isn’t sympathetic to conspiracy theorists motivated to threaten to kill a member of Congress might be y’know, just having a backbone at all. Like supporting democracy and not being an active participant in “The Big Lie” post-election and the build-up to January 6th. And if he had any principles, he wouldn’t show up to a maskless rally only DAYS after an attempted coup in our nation’s capitol to speak at a forum hosted by a right-wing radio host who openly called for “war” over the results of the election. Y’know, not that such rhetoric isn’t exactly the sort of incitement that caused 1/6 in the first place.

But what Tom Tiffany will take a stand on? Anti-vaccination paranoia, like in March of 2021, when he made it a point to tell everyone that he was advising his daughters not to get the Covid-19 vaccine, while also lying and claiming that no one their age had died of the virus (Two had.) He did this unmasked, at a town hall, filled with people who were also unmasked. Way to have a potential super-spreader event a year into the pandemic when we should know better and set a good example for the public, s***bird.

Rather than focus on the pandemic, Tom Tiffany worried about the voters in his district… by traveling the opposite border, over a thousand miles away, to throw tantrums about the less fascist approach the Biden administration was taking on undocumented migrants, and act like all fifty states were under attack by Mexico. Yes, within the same fortnight.
    Ladies and gentlemen, my congressional representative! Dear lord, my District sucks.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only thing that surprises me is that Abbott didn’t step in to interfere sooner. I guess he needed information before deciding to do that cover up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!