This is a good point Mets. If I make a mistake on my taxes, the IRS might contact me, ask for the right amount, and maybe there will be a late penalty. If they think I intentionally lied on my taxes, (as Trump does every year) I can be arrested and go to trial (as Trump has never had to).
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Or, for some real perspective.

Maybe the opinion of someone that would defend locking Latino/Latina babies in cages isn't the best person to decide what those folks can call themselves.

It's a white nationalist/casual white supremacist flexing in any way they feel like they can get away with. That's it. That's all it is.
    Related: She's also banned CRT in AR goes on about Biden "causing a border crisis" https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ark...?intcmp=tw_fnc

Astonishing Member

Garland Appoints Special Counsel to Handle Biden Documents Inquiry

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Merrick B. Garland on Thursday appointed Robert K. Hur, a veteran prosecutor who worked in the Trump administration, to handle the investigation into how classified documents from President Biden’s time as vice president ended up at his private office and home.

The appointment of Mr. Hur, who previously served as the U.S. attorney for Maryland during the Trump administration, is tasked with investigating “the possible unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or other records discovered” at the office of Mr. Biden’s think tank in Washington and his residence in Wilmington, Del., according to the order signed by Mr. Garland on Wednesday.

Mr. Hur, who also served as a top department official in the deputy attorney general’s office in 2017 and 2018, is authorized to prosecute any crimes arising from the inquiry or to refer matters for prosecution by federal attorneys in other jurisdictions, the order said.
    So Garland just finished his briefing. So the GOP narrative that Trump gets a special prosecutor to look into the classified document situation, but Biden's case doesn't is gone. They will be able to defend the handling in front of the drama GOP inquiries.

Astonishing Member

As the saying goes, ignorance is not an excuse. And whataboutism isn't an example.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    As the saying goes, ignorance is not an excuse. And whataboutism isn't an example.
    ...it is actually.

Can you prove he knew that he was illegally holding these documents?

And further, if one doesn't know they are illegally holding documents BUT willingly brings them forward AND submits to fully cooperate with an investigation why shouldn't they be exonerated if the investigation shows just that?

This is something that should be a big bipartisan nothing burger, a situation where both sides calmly and easily agree that this is how a government should properly function. That you (and others of the GQP)see something more nefarious says a lot about your states of mind.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

You illegally withdraw money from an ATM, you hide it and when they ask for it back, you refuse, then after they raid your house, you give some of it back, then lie about having any more, then are forced to give some of that back. We still don't know if you have more money or gave some of it away.

You get more money from an ATM than your account records, at home you discover this and bring the excess back to the bank right away.

Some want to say these are exactly the same and the second example is just as much of a crime. It isn't.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Stop smoking that devil's lettuce and see what's in front of you.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The whataboutist troll is complaining about whataboutism. The irony.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

People who spend their whole lives acting in bad faith can't even begin to comprehend the idea that not everyone is doing so at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is a good point Mets. If I make a mistake on my taxes, the IRS might contact me, ask for the right amount, and maybe there will be a late penalty. If they think I intentionally lied on my taxes, (as Trump does every year) I can be arrested and go to trial (as Trump has never had to).
    Not really.

To stay along that line...

It is more like being the person who prepares taxes professionally.

It's not like a Vice President or a President just has no clue that theses sorts of documents need to be handled the way that they do.

It's more like the professional tax person who is aware of their responsibility, and some how fumbled said responsibility even armed with that knowledge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not really.

To stay along that line...

It is more like being the person who prepares taxes professionally.

It's not like a Vice President or a President just has no clue that theses sorts of documents need to be handled the way that they do.

It's more like the professional tax person who is aware of their responsibility, and some how fumbled said responsibility even armed with that knowledge.
    Given that he likely dealt with hundreds, if not thousands of documents, I'm not shocked a few slipped through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Given that he likely dealt with hundreds, if not thousands of documents, I'm not shocked a few slipped through.
    Doesn't change the reality that you got right around an "F Minus..." when it comes to your professional responsibility.

The job is not "Make Sure You Keep Track Of All But A Couple Of Top Secret Documents..."

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Doesn't change the reality that you got right around an "F Minus..." when it comes to your professional responsibility.

The job is not "Make Sure You Keep Track Of All But A Couple Of Top Secret Documents..."
    It's not an F minus at all, it's really silly to think in absolutes. And it's nothing like your tax preparation example either, unless you have evidence that President Biden(or those tasked with managing his documents) specifically knew what these documents were and either through neglect or malicious intent moved these files improperly.

I'm going to guess you don't have that knowledge so the appropriate conclusion is to see it as an honest mistake that was professionally rectified when it was discovered. It happens, and owning up to it and fixing it means that there's no reason at all to make an issue of it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Usually said by authoritarians and people for whom mercy is an alien concept. Not the best crowd to be part of. But what do you think the consequences to Biden should be for this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Usually said by authoritarians and people for whom mercy is an alien concept. Not the best crowd to be part of. But what do you think the consequences to Biden should be for this?

To me it's quite surprising that Biden had classified documents somewhere.
    Depending on how it goes , there are Democrats that want to see Biden step aside and not run in 2024 because he's 80 now.
    Of course all GOP will want him prosecuted as it makes Trump look better now.