Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    AOC was partying in Miami without a mask then tested positive when she returned home.
    Oh, that wasn't very smart of her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fact that someone like Trump can misuse his status and employ lies to gain power and abuse the office in that way indicates the system is broken and need’s fixing. Fix the system and your fears of abuse aren’t as relevant.
    Systems aren't to blame but that is what a technocrat would say rather than admit to the paucity of value that the ideas being touted have for most people.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Systems aren't to blame but that is what a technocrat would say rather than admit to the paucity of value that the ideas being touted have for most people.
    I take back what I said earlier, THIS comment takes the cake. You urging others to see the paucity of people who share their ideas is incredibly rich.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

North Carolina voters dispute Cawthorn candidacy over Jan. 6

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A group of North Carolina voters told state officials on Monday they want U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn disqualified as a congressional candidate, citing his involvement in last January’s rally in Washington questioning the presidential election outcome before a Capitol riot later that day.

Cawthorn’s office quickly condemned the candidacy challenge of the Republican, which was filed on behalf of 11 voters with the State Board of Elections, which oversees a process by which a candidate’s qualifications are scrutinized. The voters contend that Cawthorn, who formally filed as a candidate for the 13th District seat last month, can’t run because he fails to comply with an amendment in the U.S. Constitution ratified shortly after the Civil War.

The 1868 amendment says no one can serve in Congress “who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same.”
    State law says Cawthorn has the burden to “show by a preponderance of the evidence” that he’s qualified to run.v

This is something that should be more widespread.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

"voters" LOL let the blacklists begin. Coming soon "for showing bourgeois tendencies and making reactionary statements."

For the splinter in thy brother's eye "actions are damaging our country and eroding our freedoms.” Thx Jay Walsh of Morganton
    Last edited by Xheight; 01-10-2022 at 10:50 AM.

calling it so does not make it true. Logically all you can say is that some have committed acts that are by law defined as terrorism.
    If someone kills someone and then is convicted of murder, that person is a murderer. If someone steals something, they are a thief. If someone commits an act of terrorism, THEY ARE A TERRORIST.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Specious, I don't see him calling for inaction but correct action which our binary impulses of law or no law are perhaps the problem. Argument and discourse is what enlightened people believe changes thinking and that the Democrats have reached the limits of such is bringing out some very dangerous consequences that are not theory. While I don't agree with the thesis of elites' role “pernicious polarization,” has a danger all to its own https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ction-violence
    The fact of your continued belief in his lies despite a lack of any proof proves my point. His people have had more than enough opportunities to show relevant evidence but have failed at every turn. His continuing to claim fraud objectively undermines Voters faith in the system. Without that we no longer have a republic.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-10-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If someone kills someone and then is convicted of murder, that person is a murderer. If someone steals something, they are a thief. If someone commits an act of terrorism, THEY ARE A TERRORIST.
    Have I said different? acts not thoughts and speech. The further you get away from someone doing something harmful the more it becomes about the definition and words, with the force of law. That is not objectivity as
    Objectivity comes in degrees. Claims, methods, results, and scientists can be more or less objective, and, other things being equal, the more objective, the better. Using the term “objective” to describe something often carries a special rhetorical force with it. The admiration of science among the general public and the authority science enjoys in public life stems to a large extent from the view that science is objective or at least more objective than other modes of inquiry.
    https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/s...c-objectivity/

I agree, the system isn’t to blame, it’s the flaws which allow the spread of misinformation designed to influence the electorate that need fixing.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

New York City man charged with threatening to kill Donald Trump

I was wondering when something like this might happen.

A 72-year-old New York man was arrested Monday on a charge of threatening to kill former President Donald Trump. But it doesn’t appear there was ever any danger: The man is accused of making his threats directly to the Secret Service.

Thomas Welnicki repeatedly made threats against Trump in several phone calls to the Secret Service, beginning a year ago and continuing last September, November and December, according to federal court documents. He’s accused of making similar statements to the U.S. Capitol Police.

“I am going to do anything I can to take out [Individual-1],” Welnicki said in a voicemail message to the Secret Service on Jan. 4, according to the complaint. “Oh, yeah, that’s a threat. Come and arrest me.”

Trump was not identified by name in the complaint, which was filed in Brooklyn federal court. But a footnote said the person identified as Individual-1 was U.S. president from Jan. 20, 2017, to Jan. 20, 2021.

The complaint said Welnicki called the Secret Service three times from his cellphone on or around Nov. 8, 2021, and identified himself by name each time. During the first call, Welnicki repeatedly referred to Trump as “Hitler.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fact of your continued belief in his lies despite a lack of any proof proves my point. His people have had more than enough opportunities to show relevant evidence but have failed at every turn. His continuing to claim fraud objectively undermines Voters faith in the system. Without that we have no longer have a republic.
    a lack of any proof - I have laid out a number of narratives and the facts surrounding them that point to how a sceptic can and should be skeptical of the election of 2020 as you know the courts have denied access to evidence and in certain cases just outright claim validity of something that unverifiable by design. That you are unshaken in your faith that Trump is bad and Democrats good and all truth should flow from this dichotomy tells us little about failure of objective proofs except in listening with an open mind. The virtual ballot did more than anything Trump said to undermine "faith" as it is just that a faith not a fact based assertion. Democrats have made a terrible bet that their faith is stronger than doubt and the Republic will suffer for it.

This puts me in mind of how Mets is right in the threat now not in the future of moral certitude in political action, liberals have felt that if the unleash the Witch hunt and its "feeling" of what is right and wrong that the wind would always be at its back but the polling numbers are not showing any such thing. There is no rally except in the media to have faith in the system when Democrats are planning right now to use the system to force through their agenda.
    Last edited by Xheight; 01-10-2022 at 11:54 AM.

a lack of any proof - I have laid out a number of narratives and the facts surrounding them that point to how a sceptic can and should be skeptical of the election of 2020 as you know the courts have denied access to evidence and in certain cases just outright claim validity of something that unverifiable by design. That you are unshaken in your faith that Trump is bad and Democrats good and all truth should flow from this dichotomy tells us little about failure of objective proofs except in listening with an open mind. The virtual ballot did more than anything Trump said to undermine "faith" as it is just that a faith not a fact based assertion. Democrats have made a terrible bet that their faith is stronger than doubt and the Republic will suffer for it.
    you haven't laid out a single credible proof that the election was stolen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    you haven't laid out a single credible proof that the election was stolen.
    But he's given narratives! And if stories are true in our heart, isn't that what matters?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

This puts me in mind of how Mets is right in the threat now not in the future of moral certitude in political action, liberals have felt that if the unleash the Witch hunt and its "feeling" of what is right and wrong that the wind would always be at its back but the polling numbers are not showing any such thing. There is no rally except in the media to have faith in the system when Democrats are planning right now to use the system to force through their agenda.
    Because the Election wasn't stolen. Because Donald Trump is a snake oil gifted who has always been a snake oil gifted and followed his racist dad down the path. He never wanted to win he wanted this for his brand, it was always about the next reality show, the next thing to put him in power. He was watching the Jan 6th **** show on a TV eating chicken for God's sake.

There is no witch hunt, if you call this a witch hunt I suggest you do some reading of history. You want a witch hunt look up Joseph McCarthy and his whole Red scare bull ****. Also this agenda is designed to help everyone not just the wealthy. We need a lot of these things in the agenda. Unless your against the idea of kids having access to schooling, s transit system that works and a way to insure that the older generation is taken care of.