Page 92 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192939495961021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I do believe Messrs Jagger and Richards wrote a song about that. Look, I understand the disappointment those kids felt over losing their graduation, but they have to grow up and understand that was for their own good. Filing lawsuits they’ll more than likely lose won’t accomplish a damn thing.
    It may accomplish one thing. It may teach those students how the court system works. If that keeps them from filing any frivolous lawsuits later in life, then it will accomplish something.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So AI is gonna kill us all using the 'Boiled Frog' method?

...that just might work.
    It's already proven very effective in destabilazing our country.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/21/80827...n-in-elections

But Republicans are protecting Trump and won't let us see the full report.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-over-n1211466

----
    "CORNISH: Based on your research, why would Russians want to help both President Trump and Senator Sanders?

JANKOWICZ: Well, you know, I think Putin and the Kremlin's goal here is to increase Russia's standing in the world. And when America's got its own problems, when we're looking inward, fighting with each other, worried about participation and discourse, our democratic discourse, it looks better to Russians. Russians can point to America and say, you know, that democratic project over there isn't going so well.

Aren't you glad you've got this very staid authoritarian system here in Russia?

And it increases Russia's standing in the world.

CORNISH: In our final moments, what do you make of the actions by the president upon hearing this news?

JANKOWICZ: Well, I worry about what message that sends to Russia. Certainly, we have not imposed costs on Russia or other bad actors that are seeking to influence our discourse ahead of the election. But not only that, it means that the good work that's being done by many civil servants in the federal government to fight against malign information tactics - it means that that is undermined as well.

Without that recognition from the White House that disinformation is a threat, we cannot counter it in 2020."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-23-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    man, the day McConnell loses his senate seat, will be a day to celebrate
    McConnell is 78 years old. It makes you wonder what drives a man to choose cementing diminished rights for women and minorities over a nice retirement with his fortune.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Well, now I've seen it all: Cenk Uygur is now telling his fans to vote for Joe Biden.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, now I've seen it all: Cenk Uygur is now telling his fans to vote for Joe Biden.
    He does that all the time he is an ex-republican after all

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

McConnell is 78 years old. It makes you wonder what drives a man to choose cementing diminished rights for women and minorities over a nice retirement with his fortune.
    Power. Nothing more complicated than that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

He's like a modern day, political Scrooge who likely won't ever be visited by Ghosts to turn him around.

Ans here I came back to this thread with a long list of Biden's accomplishments! Oh well.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

About McConnell:

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Well, if you're racist and near death, would you give up the fight?

Trump mulls forming panel to investigate anticonservative bias on social media: report

President Trump is considering creating a panel to oversee complaints of bias against conservatives by social media platforms in a move that would likely spark pushback from tech companies.

The plans are still being mulled, people familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal, but options could include the creation of a formal White House commission on the allegations.

“Left-wing bias in the tech world is a con*cern that definitely needs to be addressed from our vantage point, and at least exposed [so] that Americans have clear eyes about what we’re dealing with,” a White House official told The Journal.

Oh boy....... now comes the true decimation on the 1st Amendment, under the guise of 'thou shall not speak badly of trump'.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

OH WBE! Get a load of this Republican and his pain!

Dear @potterybarn (and other retailers) : I am NOT shopping by appointment. You're allowed to be open, so be open. And why close at 5 when mall is open until 7? Do you actually want to sell anything?
    Love how lefties are so worked up about my last tweet which highlights the frustrations so many have about how slow NC economy is reopening - slower than most states. Maybe they believe govt should continue to write checks forever and keep the entire economy closed?
    96k US deaths are tragic but of Mecklenburg Co's 72 deaths, 100% had pre-existing conditions or were in nursing homes. We should be laser focused on protecting the most vulnerable. That's were most governments have failed in dealing w this crisis.
    The entitlement on this guy and how its not fair Pottery Barn is acting responsibly.

EDIT:

Oh it gets better! Get a load of this. Someone responds to him:

If you support bakeries refusing service to gay Americans for being gay, then you support a pottery store controlling who gets in at what times. You cannot have one and not the other. And if Pottery Barn refuses to serve you, I don’t wanna hear a single solitary peep about it.
    Stone's response?

You missed the point. They can choose hours. Store was empty so maybe some agree.

You chiming in is interesting... I went out of my way to help you w something a few years ago and now you publicly criticize me as if you don't know me. Congrats you're a hero of the Left for a day
    My god, this guy is a jackass. WBE, take notes!
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 05-23-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump mulls forming panel to investigate anticonservative bias on social media: report

Oh boy....... now comes the true decimation on the 1st Amendment, under the guise of 'thou shall not speak badly of trump'.
    Agreed. This isn’t about bias against conservatives, it’s about bias against Trump, plain and simple. Considering how dangerously thin skinned he is, this comes as absolutely NO surprise.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. This isn’t about bias against conservatives, it’s about applying rudimentary Pavlovian psychology, empirical observation, and cross-examining claims versus facts against Trump, plain and simple. Considering how dangerously thin skinned he is, this comes as absolutely NO surprise.
    *Fixed.*

There’s a part of me as a social scientist that wants to see Trump beaten not just because it’s the morally, ethically, and pragmatically correct thing to do (seriously, I would argue hard that Trump and individuals like Bolsonaro perfectly encapsulates the actual ineptitude and incompetence that Fascism-aligned thinking brings with it), but also because the potential intra-Party conflict between conservatives after his fall could be fascinating to watch. Amash, Romney, and the Lincoln Project are all clearly poising to launch a power grab and political counterinsurgency in the party afterwards, and it’s likely someone like Jeff Flake is also waiting to do so, while others, like Nikki Haley and Paul Ryan, have gone politically underground so that they can try and maintain Trump-loyalists support if he succeeds or falls in re-election while avoiding the total consequences his defeat would bring to his public remnant in the case of a humiliating defeat, and while Pence and others attempt to carry the banner afterwards or sink into obscurity/potential jail sentences.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I suspect he believes he is making things better, even for women and minorities.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets