Seems like Illinois Democrats might be ready to put Mike Madigan out on the plank. Guess it's better late than never.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politic...aggiore-hooker

Pritzker says Madigan must ‘answer every last question’ or resign — but leaves speaker decision to lawmakers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This is kind of a drag...

While she clearly seems to have issues with respecting other's boundaries, we are living in the year 2020.

That someone may(or may not...) be getting busy on a regular basis doesn't somehow create a situation where they are more likely to be transmitting whatever that post seemed to imply.
    There's also just the implication that because she has sex she's a slut. Also a slut who has STDs.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ...Dude, under the classical Greco-Roman definition, anyone who doesn't speak the Athenian dialect of Greek, or anyone not a Roman citizen, was a barbarian. The word barbarian was a greek insult used by Athenians to make fun of the accents of non-Athenians. That's how the word originated. To them the language of non-athenians was made up nonsense words (Bar-bar-bar, or so on). The word Barbarian orginated in the same mentality as high school insults deployed by Regina George.

Let's not bring Romans and Greeks into this.
    You miss the point that my use of the term points out that he's inarticulate. Will "savage" work better for you?

Ultimate Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-bail-release

17-year-old from Illinois who is charged with killing two people during a protest in Wisconsin and whose case has become a rallying cry for some conservatives posted $2m bail Friday and was released from custody.

Conservatives upset over property destruction during recent protests have portrayed Rittenhouse as a patriot exercising his right to bear arms during unrest. A legal defense fund for him has attracted millions of dollars in donations, and his mother got a standing ovation from women at a ******** county GOP function in September.

Huber’s father, John Huber, asked the Kenosha county circuit court commissioner, Loren Keating, during a hearing 2 November to set Rittenhouse’s bail between $4m and $10m. Huber said Rittenhouse thinks he’s above the law and noted the effort to raise money on his behalf. He also suggested militia groups would hide him from police if he were released.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    There's also just the implication that because she has sex she's a slut. Also a slut who has STDs.
    Yeah, this is the former First Lady of California we're talking about here...

Feels kinda that way, yeah.

That said, maybe that's not something folks intended.

Wrinkle: There was an obvious sexual component to the way that the woman violated the boundaries of a fellow employee.

That said, that doesn't automatically mean a woman is even more likely to have STDs. That is just stone age thinking.

Guiyfoyle gets dragged not for being sexual.

She gets dragged for promoting environments of workplace sexual harassment. To a lesser extent, literally offering sexual enticement in exchange for campaign donations is not a normal thing do to for a fundraiser. Especially not for someone so close to the president and his son. It sounds like the sort of monetary exchange you'd expect on a street corner by the docks, frankly.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Just to be clear, I was referring to the fact that Guilfoyle is a creep with a history of sexual harassment.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...rture-from-fox

Not about her being promiscuous but her being a creep who is inappropriate. She got chased out of Fox for that.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

She gets dragged for promoting environments of workplace sexual harassment. To a lesser extent, literally offering sexual enticement in exchange for campaign donations is not a normal thing do to for a fundraiser. Especially not for someone so close to the president and his son. It sounds like the sort of monetary exchange you'd expect on a street corner by the docks, frankly.
    As has been the case since Election Week, and even before...WBE gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah, this is the former First Lady of California we're talking about here...
    First Lady of San Francisco, not California. She was married to Newsom when he was Mayor of SF. They divorced after that. He married someone else and became governor then.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You miss the point that my use of the term points out that he's inarticulate. Will "savage" work better for you?
    Even worse, my dude. Savage is the opposite of civilized...but Trump is a product of civilization lit large. And the word "savage"...it was used to justify colonialism, in America and elsewhere. It's a word with a lot of bagage, all of it bad.

Fascist is exact and correct, anything other than that is category error and risks a sense of falsity about "the us versus them" dynamic we want to put against Trump. Obviously Trump is someone USA should be against, but if we call him barbarian then that implies that he's some outsider or foreigner, if we call him savage, we imply he's someone who is "primitive" and so on. Again none of that is representative of what Trump is and the threat he poses.

Then take her to task on the issues that actually exist.

No need to even get near that she could be more likely to have STDs or toss in a line that seems to references prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Then take her to task on the issues that actually exist.
    Hey, funny story, that's exactly what I did, mentioning she needs to be dragged for promoting environments of sexual harassment.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Hey, funny story, that's exactly what I did, mentioning she needs to be dragged for promoting environments of sexual harassment.
    "Exactly..." is a stretch...

It sounds like the sort of monetary exchange you'd expect on a street corner by the docks, frankly.

Right. I know who she is. I dislike her as much as anyone.

And I get it. But maybe not everyone know who she is? Maybe it still reads a certain way, and makes it seem okay to talk about women that way? Maybe not, too. I don't know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Even worse, my dude. Savage is the opposite of civilized...but Trump is a product of civilization lit large. And the word "savage"...it was used to justify colonialism, in America and elsewhere. It's a word with a lot of bagage, all of it bad.

Fascist is exact and correct, anything other than that is category error and risks a sense of falsity about "the us versus them" dynamic we want to put against Trump. Obviously Trump is someone USA should be against, but if we call him barbarian then that implies that he's some outsider or foreigner, if we call him savage, we imply he's someone who is "primitive" and so on. Again none of that is representative of what Trump is and the threat he poses.
    Savage fits Trump. It's true he's not exactly an anomaly in western society or the GOP, but he's their id pushed to 11. Trump is a wannabe third world dictator, not a traditional president in how he runs things. Whatever trace of dignity, and I use the term loosely, that held Republicans to keep their mouths shut about their deepest racist and sexist desires he exemplified in the open. Trump runs on distilled emotion and want, take everything and destroy your enemies for all to see. This behaviour on display was not evidence with prior Republican presidents who pretended to care about civility. Trump is the manifestation of the Fox News, now OANN, viewer rather than a professional politician.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 11-20-2020 at 08:37 PM.

BANNED

And I get it. But maybe not everyone know who she is? Maybe it still reads a certain way, and makes it seem okay to talk about women that way? Maybe not, too. I don't know.
    I get it. It can read a certain way and it's never a bad thing to clarify and correct anything that seems misogynistic.

I meant it as a throwaway dig. I called her a creep, which is a neutral word for sexual harassment, that highlights someone who breaks boundaries and norms in an improper way without castigating or insulting them for promiscuity. Guilfoyle is a creep, as is her father in law, as is Harvey Weinstein and Cosby. Calling someone a creep criticizes people for their impropriety without making promiscuity or so on, an issue.

Anyway, epidemiologically, if Don Jr. got the virus it can't be from when she got it, because it's been months and this transmission has to be more recent, I guess from the second White House outbreak or being in contact with Giuliani (his son, an assistant to Trump, got it too).

The reality of it is that you don't need to get within a light year of that.

"This Person Has Crossed Boundaries Involving A Fellow Employee, And There Was A Sexual Component When She Did So..."

Simple as that. Go with what is actually know, and steer clear of the nonsense.

You can paint a perfectly clear picture of who she is without any of it.