Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    This isn't the first time that Trump chose to listen to crazies and crackpots over more rational advisors and lawyers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This isn't the first time that Trump chose to listen to crazies and crackpots over more rational advisors and lawyers.
    And it certainly won’t be the last, regardless of what happens here.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump wants advisors. But only ones that tell him what he wants to hear. The second one tells the truth to Trump or tells him what he does not want to hear they are gone.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Can you supply a specific quote to back that up??

To be honest, it sound’s completely “out of character” with anything I’ve ever seen him post.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Blimey.

The thought did cross my mind that Mets is due an apology, rather than an inventive way to continue to blame him for something he never did.
    First, You've seen that the post he made was incredibly similar, a poster just replaced Gay Marriage for Abortion in the memory, so it is exactly in Mets' character to posit giving up human rights for a huge swath of people. If it's outrageous enough to merit comment if it's Gay Marriage why is it not when it's Abortion on the chopping block? I also wouldn't defend the character of someone who sees no reason to stop supporting naked bigotry unless there is a direct political payoff for it (As recently shown).

Second, I don't believe you've asked Mets to apologize any time it's been shown that he lied about posters on this thread or accused them of outrageous things without evidence, and he hasn't when confronted with evidence of it time, and time, and time again. The best he's done was "Fair Point" (while ignoring several other lies and continuing to lie), and the vast majority of the time he'll double down or ignore it and move on to another outrageous distraction as I've pointed out before.

Why are you defending him and not others if this sort of thing matters to you enough to speak up now?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    In that case, I'm sorry. I'll delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Guy, he still offered an awful bargain rooted in suggesting that people should trade away their rights to get Republicans to agree to climate legislation, as I recall. Misremembering which bargain it was isn't the bigger problem here.

I mean, first of all, it supposes that those rights belong to the democratic party to give away in the first place. They don't. They belong to the people it affects. Bodily autonomy is the single most important right. Without it, you've got nothing. That's why trans rights are so important, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I feel terrible for misremembering that. I am sorry, I'm just going to log off for a while because I'm just making everything worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    You're really not the villain here.
    I don't think you should feel so bad JCAll, as you only misremembered the specific rights he was talking about trading away for the 'privilege' of trying to save the planet we all live on.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Does Mets ever apologize for supporting a party that he knows is actively attempting to restrict the rights of African-Americans, women, and the LGBT community?

Whether he has voiced his support aloud is irrelevant when both his opinions and his votes actively support exactly what you are claiming he "never did".

There are many Republican candidates to choose from -- if Republican voters choose to nominate and support Republican bigots, racists and homophobes who don't speak out against Nazis over those who speak out against said bigotry then there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

Their votes are actively taking away the civil rights of American citizens -- just because it isn't said aloud doesn't mean it's not already happening.
    Mets just doesn't apologize or admit he's wrong if he can avoid it, and I've pointed out both many times by now. At this point he's shown that nothing posted here will change that, and that anyone pointing out these various double standards will be ignored, accused of insults, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    And with that done the discussion can move on to whether one has to say aloud that they support bigotry when they clearly do so with their votes.
    Admitting what Mets is actually supporting with his support & votes for the GoP is something he can not or will not do.

It really is the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And it certainly won’t be the last, regardless of what happens here.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump wants advisors. But only ones that tell him what he wants to hear. The second one tells the truth to Trump or tells him what he does not want to hear they are gone.
    He hates having what he thinks is true/right questioned and reacts angrily despite evidence or who is doing it, exactly like Ron DeSantis. If one person agrees and 20 others don't, it's the 1 who agrees who matters.

As an observer of significant events to history and the cosmos, I must now note that former President Trump has taken a hostile stance against the people of Krakoa.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump...is-indictment/
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    As an observer of significant events to history and the cosmos, I must now note that former President Trump has taken a hostile stance against the people of Krakoa.

That's a .... risky move. Considering that his boy Elon has already been provoking Magneto.

Astonishing Member

I mean we all know he wants asskissers and people telling him he is right and the best ever around. But, there had to be people telling him listen you are in legal jeopardy here seriously. Just give the stuff back. I mean the dynamics of the people who were probably rightly advising him these documents are not yours you cant just keep them. And the ones who were saying anything you want is yours keep it in the bathroom ignore the requests to return it you will be fine.

It is one thing to convince the MAGA supporters that I can keep anything I want. Why didn't you go after Hillary and Biden. And trying to push the selective persecution narrative. But, legally and factually as far as we know no one else was ignoring requests to return anything. It could have all been washed away just giving it back later without an FBI raid.

Truly, Elon's politics are a mystery.

Perhaps we just need a modern day Sulla
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1668673066115711011

In total control of the city and its affairs, Sulla instituted a proscription (a program of executing and confiscating the property of those whom he perceived as enemies of the state). Plutarch states in his Life of Sulla that "Sulla now began to make blood flow, and he filled the city with deaths without number or limit," further alleging that many of the murdered victims had nothing to do with Sulla, though Sulla killed them to "please his adherents."

Sulla immediately proscribed 80 persons without communicating with any magistrate. As this caused a general murmur, he let one day pass, and then proscribed 220 more, and again on the third day as many. In an harangue to the people, he said, with reference to these measures, that he had proscribed all he could think of, and as to those who now escaped his memory, he would proscribe them at some future time.

The proscriptions are widely perceived as a response to similar killings that Marius and Cinna had implemented while they controlled the Republic during Sulla's absence. Proscribing or outlawing every one of those whom he perceived to have acted against the best interests of the Republic while he was in the east, Sulla ordered some 1,500 nobles (i.e. senators and equites) executed, although as many as 9,000 people were estimated to have been killed.[134] The purge went on for several months. Helping or sheltering a proscribed person was punishable by death, while killing a proscribed person was rewarded with two talents. Family members of the proscribed were not excluded from punishment, and slaves were not excluded from rewards. As a result, "husbands were butchered in the arms of their wives, sons in the arms of their mothers."[135] The majority of the proscribed had not been enemies of Sulla, but instead were killed for their property, which was confiscated and auctioned off. The proceeds from auctioned property more than made up for the cost of rewarding those who killed the proscribed, filling the treasury. Possibly to protect himself from future political retribution, Sulla had the sons and grandsons of the proscribed banned from running for political office, a restriction not removed for over 30 years.

That's a .... risky move. Considering that his boy Elon has already been provoking Magneto.
    It's not the first time the GoP have come out against Homo Superior.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, Trump done screwed up now. Given how the Beast turned psycho/mad scientist in his determination to protect mutantkind, Donny Dumbass pretty much signed his death warrant.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Truly, Elon's politics are a mystery.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1668673066115711011
    They very-right-wing owner of Twitter calling for the modern day version of a politician famous for murdering his political opponents and others he decided needed to die for whatever whim. This is the Right Wing embrace of violence right here!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, guess my memory could use a bit of the Tin Man's can of oil...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3993024
    Holy ****.

In that case, I'll paraphrase a previous reply:

I think it's fucking deplorable to suggest that the fundamental bodily autonomy of human beings could be used as a bargaining chip.

Astonishing Member

Is this just more trump zaniness or is it conservative conspiracy theories like demons and FBI Jan 6 insurrectionists working to destroy the right?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is this just more trump zaniness or is it conservative conspiracy theories like demons and FBI Jan 6 insurrectionists working to destroy the right?
    I hate that we have to ask and wonder.