Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    As much as we would like to think Politics wont play a part in whatever decision the DOJ comes up with. It will. They will not bring charges on Trump for anything while he is a candidate for President. They do not want to make the DOJ look like it is a weapon for Biden going after his political opponents. And Biden will not want that bad look or heat either.

So while we would all love for the DOJ to go after Trump it will not happen until after 2024.
    I strongly disagree with you.

Merrick Garland made Jack Smith special counsel in regards to the January-6 and government documents cases
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m sure I’ve probably said this before, but, it bears repeating: there’s no precedent whatsoever for indicting a former president with crimes, much less hauling one into court to answer for what he’s done. We came closest with Nixon, but he had the good sense to resign rather than face the specter of a trial for Watergate, sadly, the Founding Fathers never accounted for an unapologetic sociopath like Trump who’s literally gotten away with everything short of murder, or an entire political party that decided to protect him because they put their lust for power ahead of the Constitution. For right wingers or anyone else who says that putting Trump on trial would hopelessly fracture the country, I say that NOT having him answer for his crimes would be FAR worse, giving future bad actors who run for the highest office in the land the idea that a president can be above the law. That can’t be allowed to happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It took six years, but finally we're gonna see what all the fuss was about Trump's tax returns.

House committee votes to make public Trump’s tax returns
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not to mention that the notion of "We can't punish the GOP because it'll divide us from them!" is stupid.

Mighty Member

I was flipping through the Globe tabloid while in line at the checkout counter. According to them, Putin is drinking dog's blood and praying to Satan for Russia to win the war in Ukraine. How did The New York Times miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It took six years, but finally we're gonna see what all the fuss was about Trump's tax returns.

House committee votes to make public Trump’s tax returns
    I think that big reveal will confirm what people have suspected for years: that Trump ain’t the uber-successful businessman he made himself out as being at best, or he’s been doing financial hanky panky for the longest time by cooking his books at worst.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think that big reveal will confirm what people have suspected for years: that Trump ain’t the uber-successful businessman he made himself out as being at best, or he’s been doing financial hanky panky for the longest time by cooking his books at worst.
    Yeah I think realistically it will reveal some of the dirty I can't believe that is legal shady loopholes the rich get away with. Democrats will want to have proof to show the loopholes they want closed and show why GOP tax cuts for the rich are useless for the rest of us.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Zelenskiy is meeting Biden in Washington DC today, which is a BFD. He will address a joint session of Congress at the invitation of Speaker Pelosi tomorrow.

Elon Musk has anoounced he will follow the results of the poll and step down as CEO of Twitter. He will step down as soon as a suitable replacement can be found.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Elon Musk has anoounced he will follow the results of the poll and step down as CEO of Twitter. He will step down as soon as a suitable replacement can be found.
    A suitably foolish replacement.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So the W&M Committee report on Pumpkin Pol Pot today ...

One of the key takeaways I found was that the "mandatory" IRS audit for Trump when he became POTUS was ... surprise ... non-existent. Trump, Huckabee Sanders, and company lied. Which is an absolute gift for the Dems.

Paying no attention to what is actually in the report ... releasing it against the backdrop of Trump desperately trying to prevent its release is a massive win IMHO.

The sound bites write themselves.

"I will release my tax returns when Obama releases his birth certificate."

"I will release my tax returns when I win the Presidency."

"I will release my tax returns once the long IRS audit is finished."

Trump lied about releasing his tax returns and an audit.

But his cultists won't care.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-21-2022 at 06:00 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Zelenskiy is meeting Biden in Washington DC today, which is a BFD. He will address a joint session of Congress at the invitation of Speaker Pelosi tomorrow.
    And, sadly, these harridans will likely be in the audience. What are the odds Boobert and Sporkfoot Marge will raise a stink?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And, sadly, these harridans will likely be in the audience. What are the odds Boobert and Sporkfoot Marge will raise a stink?

Aren't they feuding now? If one of them boos, the other one will cheer.

It's weird to me how Faux News and the GOP can be pro-Pootin and Russia in this. Just...how the **** do they sleep at night?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's weird to me how Faux News and the GOP can be pro-Pootin and Russia in this. Just...how the **** do they sleep at night?
    It’s really wild.

It’s something I legit can’t get my head around. How and when did some conservatives start supporting foreign dictators?