Page 752 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 25265270274274874975075175275375475575676280285212521752 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed. I supported Bernie Sanders too but since he wasn't nominated, i'll support Biden. There's literally no way he can be worse than Trump.
    I actually do think Biden can be a good president and not just a lesser-of-2-evils. Biden has good policy skills, he was the one who oversaw the stimulus package and directed it to renewable energy, he was the one who helped get the votes for ACA. He's got the skills you need for recovery.

Obviously a good chunk of the base is nominating Biden because they want Obama's third term and he's as close as they can get to it. If Biden were to win, that would be progressive because that would cement for good the transition of the Democrats to the Party of Obama. It would be the triumph of Obama's legacy over Bill Clinton's.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So ... the GOP can only keep Texas via shenanigans.

Hope they get what's coming to them ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s going to take a prolonged period as a minority in the Senate and House along with not holding the Presidency. People don’t really remember this but Republicans rarely has control of the house for a 60 year period from the 30’s to 90’s. Republicans only held the House for 4 years and the Senate fir 10. Basically Ronald Reagan in the 80’s and the rise of the neo-liberal in the 90’s started a spiral of a more right wing house. The thing is the Presidency was always back and forth so there was always a path to some power for them
    There were other trends that were relevant.
    It wasn't that Bill Clinton was a neoliberal that led to Democrats losing the South, but other developments, as the parties became more divided, with Democrats becoming liberal and Republicans becoming conservative. Right now, the most moderate Republican Senator (Susan Collins) is still to the right of the most moderate Democratic Senator (Joe Manchin.) That wasn't always the case.
    The Democratic Congress that dominated for generations post-World War 2 was a coalition of liberals, moderates and some southern racists.
    There were also periods when different sides had different advantages. So from 1968 to 1988, Republicans won five of six presidential elections, four in landslides, while Democrats kept the House.
    Things are different now. There's a lot less split ticket voting. The ultimate example was 2016 when the Senate races were an exact match for whether a state's electoral college votes went to Trump or Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The main one was "Why do you still support the Republican Party?" but that's the one you didn't answer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's pretty sketchy to quote part of my comment, while accusing me of leaving out other stuff, as I did address it.

I have answered the general question of what my political beliefs are, and it fits the Republicans more.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3834132
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...it#post1088686

I've also answered why I'm not an independent or a Democrat.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3316910
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Start of a rant!

I wish I could say that his debate was a game changer. And yea there may be some Republicans who are speaking about how bad it was in private but how many Republicans have called him out in public? All I hear was he was well prepared and would not have gone off the rails if Biden and Wallace did not attack and bully him. When asked or when they talk about him not calling out white supremacy? "Well Biden didnt call out Antifa."

I am sick of these so called Republican outsiders with knowledge of the party who here things inside the party who say "Well there are so many who are not happy with Trump." Call him out in public, make a damn stand. Dont hide behind you back room doors and office phone calls with other members who are too scared to make a stand. I hear from too many people that Trump does not represent the whole party. There are those who dont agree with him.

Mitt voted to impeach then said he would vote for his SC Nominee. So yea way to make a stand against a man you clam to hate and disagree with so much.

So yea talk privately. But in public support Trump and encourage people to vote him. What the Hell does it change?

I hear talk of them being scared of retaliation. Lets be real the only retaliation GOP law makers fear is losing their seat. That is why they dont speak up and tow the line.

I am sure after the election if Trump loses we will have a few Republicans come and talk bravely about how they never supported Trump and how they are glad he is gone. But only after the chance of losing face with the voters and his hardcore bass has passed.

Sorry for the Rant. it is just this election and living with a hardcore Trumper and having a Republican friend who keeps saying Trump is not he party every day is starting to get to me this morning.
    Mitt Romney voted to impeach because he thought Trump should be impeached.And he made the decision to vote for a Supreme Court nominee because he would prefer a federalist society pick to a Biden pick. In this case, he's going for an outcome that he would support whether Trump was President or whether someone else was President.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Being a Republican is fine. People should be allowed to belong to what ever party they want. But if you are a Republican who does not support Trump and what he does but remain silent that bothers me. Or if they hate Trump and his agenda but vote for people like Mitch what the Hell is the point?
    The important distinction is that they don't hate most of Trump's agenda. They generally hate other stuff about him. They like Mitch McConnell, because he would be an effective legislative partner for President Jeb Bush or John Kasich or Mitt Romney or Mike Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Republican president gave orders to "stand by" to white nationalists. That president is, and has always been a white nationalist.

Anyone who is still a Republican now is supporting a white nationalist, if they stay, and are also white nationalists.

That's where they're at. There have been so many "jumping off" points for them. If they can't do so right now, that's who they're telling us they are.

And I'm gonna believe them. I don't want to hear the "Most Nazis only were in the party because they were scared to say they weren't joined the party quietly." Historians have a word for those people. Nazis.
    That argument only applies to the moral equivalent of Nazis.

There is an argument that Trump thinks he's living in the extended Fox News expanded Cinematic Universe and only communicating with the shared frame of reference of likeminded viewers. I think many of his critics have a similar problem, seeing things from a skewed lens and expecting everyone else to share their frame of reference.

To believe that it the jumping off point for all Republicans, you have to believe that all reasonable people understand that the Proud Boys are a significant force in American politics, and that President Trump knows exactly what they are.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump thinks being loud, rude and obnoxious is winning. He made no headway in explaining his imaginary health care plan and made another fake promise about seeing his tax returns, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump thinks being loud, rude and obnoxious is winning. He made no headway in explaining his imaginary health care plan and made another fake promise about seeing his tax returns, etc.
    "It cannot be called virtue to kill one's fellow-citizens, betray one's friends, be without faith, without pity...by these methods one may indeed gain power, but not glory."
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He said he gave Americans a better heatlhcare plan because he got rid of the individual mandate. And I'm sure his supporters will parrot this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In some good news, I know rare, a couple of jerks got charged with a few felonies.

Conservative activists and agitators Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman have each been charged with four felonies involving November’s elections, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced Thursday.

News outfits insisting on asking Bolton if he is going to vote for Biden has been a hoot.

What has this guy done lately that makes you think that he might even be entertaining the idea of voting for Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    News outfits insisting on asking Bolton if he is going to vote for Biden has been a hoot.

What has this guy done lately that makes you think that he might even be entertaining the idea of voting for Biden?
    I think it was more, if your not voting fro Trump then who are you voting for. Last I heard this he replied that he was writing someone in and that he was going to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think it was more, if your not voting fro Trump then who are you voting for. Last I heard this he replied that he was writing someone in and that he was going to be miserable.
    Sure.

It's just that the media(well, mostly cable news outfits...) need to come to grips with the fact that "I Will Not Vote For Candidate 'X'..." does not somehow equal "That Means I Will Vote For Candidate 'Y'..."

We live in a country where you can just decide not to vote for either of the options that the big two put in the ballot.

Never mind a guy like Bolton. That guy has his little lane he is going to stay in.