Page 1831 of 1907 FirstFirst ... 831133117311781182118271828182918301831183218331834183518411881 ... LastLast
Results 27,451 to 27,465 of 28600
  1. #27451
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,780

    Default

    And, I mean get all the way out into the weeds...

    "No, sir. You need to come in this week so you are up to date on the local political rumblings in Eastern Guatemala."

  2. #27452
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Trump, who has the attention span of a gnat, never listened much to the briefings anyway, no matter how hard the people preparing the briefings tried to make them as short and concise as possible. After all, why should he care? He doesn't believe what the intelligence community says anyway, since they're a big part of the Deep State. He takes Vladimir Putin's word over that of the CIA, and if Crown Prince Bonesaw says he had nothing to do with the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, then that denial is good enough for Trump! Trump got all his "information" from Fox News, so the briefings were largely wasted on him throughout his administration, and there is certainly no reason to continue them now.
    It's not just Trump, it's Jared, it's Stephen Miller, it's other scumbags in his abominable administration who DID read that information which they disseminated and now could use for their own benefit, or pass along to the likes of Vlad Putin.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #27453
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's not just Trump, it's Jared, it's Stephen Miller, it's other scumbags in his abominable administration who DID read that information which they disseminated and now could use for their own benefit, or pass along to the likes of Vlad Putin.
    Personally I think he should still get briefings, just with misinformation we want forwarded to his buddy Vlad.
    Dark does not mean deep.

  4. #27454
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And, I mean get all the way out into the weeds...

    "No, sir. You need to come in this week so you are up to date on the local political rumblings in Eastern Guatemala."
    You mean as a way to torture him, I assume.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  5. #27455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly...

    That is probably the best reason to still give the guy seriously regular briefings.

    You know he has no patience for them and they will just be a chore.
    So he can give high level intelligence away to the Russians for free, like he did the day he fired Comey?

    Or, y'know, sell it.

    Hard pass on this idea. Biden made the right call.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  6. #27456
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,649

    Default

    Blackout Hits Iran Nuclear Site in What Appears to Be Israeli Sabotage


    A power failure that appeared to have been caused by a deliberately planned explosion struck Iran’s Natanz uranium enrichment site on Sunday, in what Iranian officials called an act of sabotage that they suggested had been carried out by Israel.

    The blackout injected new uncertainty into diplomatic efforts that began last week to salvage the 2015 nuclear deal repudiated by the Trump administration.

    Iran did not say precisely what had caused the blackout at the heavily fortified site, which has been a target of previous sabotage, and Israel publicly declined to confirm or deny any responsibility. But American and Israeli intelligence officials said there had been an Israeli role.

    Two intelligence officials briefed on the damage said it had been caused by a large explosion that completely destroyed the independent — and heavily protected — internal power system that supplies the underground centrifuges that enrich uranium.
    The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a classified Israeli operation, said that the explosion had dealt a severe blow to Iran’s ability to enrich uranium and that it could take at least nine months to restore Natanz’s production.

    If so, Iran’s leverage in new talks sought by the Biden administration to restore the nuclear agreement could be significantly compromised. Iran has said it will take increasingly strong actions prohibited under the agreement until the sanctions imposed by President Donald J. Trump have been rescinded.

    It was not immediately clear how much advance word — if any — the Biden administration received about the Natanz operation, which happened on the same morning that the American defense secretary, Lloyd J. Austin III, was visiting Israel. But Israeli officials have made no secret of their unhappiness over Mr. Biden’s desire to revive the nuclear agreement that his predecessor renounced in 2018.
    With friends like this...nada nada nada....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  7. #27457
    Astonishing Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    They get away with the things they do because we protect them. This is among the least objectionable of those actions.
    Formerly finfangfool

  8. #27458
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,979

    Default

    Hideki Matsuyama won the 85th Masters today. Given all the disgusting anti-Asian hate and attacks of late, I find it refreshing that a Japanese golfer won the prestigious green jacket, the game's highest honor.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #27459
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,649

    Default

    Question: Anyone have any idea if Trump knows he didn't win but just kept pushing the lie in hopes of getting to remain in office? Or does he truly believe what he keeps spout off about the election?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  10. #27460
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question: Anyone have any idea if Trump knows he didn't win but just kept pushing the lie in hopes of getting to remain in office? Or does he truly believe what he keeps spout off about the election?
    I wonder if he knew but has mentally rewritten history to match his desires. I used to know a guy who did that, even when confronted with multiple witnesses who were present at whatever event was in question who all remembered it differently, he insisted his rewrite was what really happened and came across as sincere.
    Dark does not mean deep.

  11. #27461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question: Anyone have any idea if Trump knows he didn't win but just kept pushing the lie in hopes of getting to remain in office? Or does he truly believe what he keeps spout off about the election?
    I believe there are confirmations from within the White House that he clearly knows he lost, and is full of s***. There were several moments where he gave away the game, like already talking about running in 2024 prior to 1/6. He still chose to incite a coup attempt.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  12. #27462
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,544

    Default

    Embattled Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is denied a meeting with Trump

    You know it’s bad when you’re a Trump loyalist that even Trump doesn’t want anything to do with, lol.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-11-2021 at 07:39 PM.

  13. #27463
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wonder if he knew but has mentally rewritten history to match his desires. I used to know a guy who did that, even when confronted with multiple witnesses who were present at whatever event was in question who all remembered it differently, he insisted his rewrite was what really happened and came across as sincere.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I believe there are confirmations from within the White House that he clearly knows he lost, and is full of s***. There were several moments where he gave away the game, like already talking about running in 2024 prior to 1/6. He still chose to incite a coup attempt.
    The most tragic thing about this is how many people believed his lies even more so than he did himself.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  14. #27464
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It might not be bad for the US.

    Iran's leverage is lower heading into talks with Biden, and there is an understanding that Biden and Netanyahu have strong disagreements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question: Anyone have any idea if Trump knows he didn't win but just kept pushing the lie in hopes of getting to remain in office? Or does he truly believe what he keeps spout off about the election?
    I think he may believe that there's easily provable fraud out there if only officials could look for it, because his understanding of election procedure is limited.

    It's hard to imagine what he thinks but it seems unlikely for him to have recognized that he lost, but to have expected to still stay in office. If he recognizes that he lost (a big if), he might think insisting otherwise will help him in the long run, keeping his supporters motivated as he takes their money.

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Trump, who has the attention span of a gnat, never listened much to the briefings anyway, no matter how hard the people preparing the briefings tried to make them as short and concise as possible. After all, why should he care? He doesn't believe what the intelligence community says anyway, since they're a big part of the Deep State. He takes Vladimir Putin's word over that of the CIA, and if Crown Prince Bonesaw says he had nothing to do with the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, then that denial is good enough for Trump! Trump got all his "information" from Fox News, so the briefings were largely wasted on him throughout his administration, and there is certainly no reason to continue them now.
    The main reason for the briefings is in case a President asks a predecessor for counsel. I can't really imagine a future President asking Trump for advice that is dependent on nuanced policy understanding.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  15. #27465
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,649

    Default

    Virginia Officer Accused of Force in Stop of Black Army Officer Fired

    One of two police officers accused of pepper spraying and pointing their guns at a Black Army officer during a traffic stop has since been fired, a Virginia town announced late Sunday, hours after the governor called for an independent investigation into the case.

    The town of Windsor said in a statement that it joined calls from election officials, including Gov. Ralph Northam, in requesting an investigation by Virginia State Police into the December 2020 encounter in which two Windsor officers were accused of drawing their guns, pointing them at U.S. Army second lieutenant Caron Nazario and using a slang term to suggest he was facing execution.

    Nazario was also pepper-sprayed and knocked to the ground by the officers, Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker, according to the lawsuit he filed earlier this month against them.
    The two sides in the case dispute what happened, but Crocker wrote in a report that he believed Nazario was “eluding police” and he considered it a “high-risk traffic stop." Attorney Jonathan Arthur told The Associated Press that Nazario wasn’t trying to elude the officer, but was trying to stop in a well-lit area.

    In the statement Sunday, Windsor officials said an internal investigation opened at the time into the use of force determined that department policy wasn’t followed. Officials said disciplinary action was taken and Gutierrez has since been fired.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •