Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for the family?

If it really needs that much focus, step aside.

No one's going to think any less of someone for actually putting their family first.
    Would you deride one of your precious Qpublicans who took time off for the same reason? Who am I kidding? Of course not.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And, man...

Who put Mayor Pete into witness protection?
    You think his job is doing interviews and not running the DOT?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Would you deride one of your precious Qpublicans who took time off for the same reason? Who am I kidding? Of course not.
    In green...

Why is it that somebody loves Republicans every single time?

Joe McCarthy saw Communists less than you guys see "Secret Republicans..."

As for the rest?

The current administration ran on being the competent alternative to the Republicans you brought up.

If that is the play you make?

You are going to get judged based on the competency you said you were going to bring to the table.

Green Party/Libertarian Party/Republican Party/House Party?

Non-issue. They didn't try to sell me on competency.

Man, Lightfoot needs to figure out where she actually is on this stuff...

https://news.wttw.com/2021/10/08/lig...weekly-instead

Lightfoot Weakens COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate by Allowing Workers to Test Twice Weekly Instead
    Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Friday afternoon that city employees who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed to stay on the job after Oct. 15 if they take a test for COVID-19 twice a week.

As recently as Sept. 22, Lightfoot told reporters that she would not “retreat” from her requirement that all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 15, despite intense pushback from the police union and a lack of agreements with other labor organizations. Lightfoot announced the requirement Aug. 25.

But with a week to go until her declared deadline, Lightfoot stepped back and said she would not discipline unvaccinated employees.

Just saw this on Maddow.

Trump has put out a statement saying, and I quote:
    "If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do."

It just boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just saw this on Maddow.

"If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do."

I mean the Republicans not voting in 22 or 24 pretty much hands things to the Dems. So if he wants to keep up with the big lie and his cult follows through with this hey man im on board.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If this one got a mention, I missed it. Small step, but at least it is in the right direction.

https://news.yahoo.com/republican-at...234621608.html

Republican who attended Mike Lindell's 2020 conspiracy conference stripped of authority to oversee elections

Just saw this on Maddow.

Well, if Republicans DON'T want to vote in '22 and '24, that's fine with me, and with Democrats. Meanwhile, good to see Trump continues being a sore loser and pushing his big lie about the election. I'm convinced he'll go to his grave believing he was robbed and will NEVER accept that he lost.

BANNED

Just saw this on Maddow.

Depends on if he's pushing for (or rather, pushing harder for) alternatives to voting in order to acquire power. While I'd like to believe the midterms aren't going to be the bloodbath they seem to be lining up to be, even if the savior for the Democratic Party is a misguided Trump, I don't believe at the end of the day Republicans will sit home. They're as motivated to screw Biden over and loosen Covid restrictions as Democrats were to get rid of Trump, and many of them believe the election was stolen, so they'll likely show up strong. And if, by some miracle, they were stupid enough to do as Trump is asking (today, who knows what he'll be asking tomorrow let alone in a year) they'd be even more motivated for '24.

Again, I'm seeing a lot of Trump '24 signs in rural New Hampshire, don't remember ever seeing Presidential signs four years out from an election before. I'm really hoping he just runs again for money and attention before bowing out. That's best-case. Worst case, people touch the stove again. Or maybe, worst case they don't bother voting (or voting doesn't matter).

Would you support a law that banned curse words in your community? If not, what would be your response to such a proposal?

(Note: NJ Gubernatorial GOP candidate Jack Ciatterelli supports such a ban.)

First off, banning cursing in NJ is like banning Pork Rolls or Pizza or Bagels.

Second, every time I drive to work I see lawn signs that say 'Jack for Governor'. it took me awhile to realize who Jack was. There is something really twisted about a sign that has, in big red letters, 'Jack' and everything else is in small print.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just saw this on Maddow.

Seems like a threat to Republican leadership that they'd better push the narrative harder or he'll tell his followers to stay home.
    I hope they tell him to go to hell.
    They won't though.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I've been a Chappelle fan going back to Half Baked...

And I'm done. Like, if this was a one-off thing? Okay, whatever. But he's actively made jokes at the expense of a marginalized group in the Trans community, and every time I cringed, and was like, "Okay, not good, but it's over..."

He faced any criticism, and decided to keep talking about how it really wasn't that bad because...

Which made it worse. And there was more criticism.

And then he would double back.

And face more outrage.

And now, he dedicated almost HALF of a comedy special to revisiting his opinions on transgender people. Like, at some point, it's not funny because it's a guy digging a deeper hole against a group that faces intense bigotry, and Chappelle doesn't want to just LET IT GO.

The only way this ends up being redeemable on any level would be if it's all an act to prove how stupid it is to keep digging in to try to hand wave away bigotry towards any group. As that level of Andy Kaufman investment to the bit wouldn't be known until the final punchline happens, he's just being an insensitive ***hole.

It is... incredibly disappointing.

Eddie Murphy caught s*** once upon a time because his 1980s stand up specials, Delirious and Raw had a ton of homophobic and misogynistic humor in them. And it shaped culture in that moment. He was the biggest comedy star in the world, putting his thoughts on women and gays out there... Do you know what happened to Eddie Murphy? At some point, he grew the f*** up, and stopped making jokes at the expense of gays and women. He's still funny, but there's a lot more responsibility in what he does when he performs.
    As I said on another thread, Chapelle seems to be turning into a 21st century Lenny Bruce. When Bruce started talking more about his run-ins with the law than his observations on life, he stopped being funny. As Chapelle talks more about the controversies over his act than the act itself, he runs the risk of no longer being funny as well.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Seems like a threat to Republican leadership that they'd better push the narrative harder or he'll tell his followers to stay home.
    I hope they tell him to go to hell.
    They won't though.
    Agreed, they won't. I mean, the GQP has absolutely NO platform to entice voters, other than "Biden will drag their asses into drug stores and doctors offices to be injected with poison, and that a vote for Trump is a vote for FREEDUMB!"
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-14-2021 at 03:08 AM.

Utah Republicans Shamelessly Invoke Tribes To Condemn Biden’s Monument Restorations

As news broke last week that President Joe Biden would restore the boundaries of a pair of national monuments in Utah that former President Donald Trump reduced four years ago, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) condemned the move on Twitter.

Reexpanding the boundaries of Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante monuments “is a devastating blow to our state, local and tribal leaders and our delegation,” Romney wrote, adding that Biden had “squandered the opportunity to build consensus by working with stakeholders to find a permanent, legislative solution.”

In an opinion piece published in the Deseret News and titled “A monumental insult,” Romney, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and the rest of Utah’s congressional delegation argued that Bears Ears, and presumably Biden’s restoration, “fails to include the crucial input and involvement of local tribes in protecting and highlighting their own cultural heritage.”
    It’s no secret that Utah Republicans fervently opposed Grand Staircase-Escalante and Bears Ears when President Bill Clinton and President Barack Obama created them in 1996 and 2016, respectively, and lobbied for Trump’s rollbacks. State leaders have a long history of attacking public land protections.

But portraying tribes as agreeing with them is nothing short of dishonest.

Their statements “reflects a fundamental misunderstanding, or a complete ignorance, of Indian law and policy,” said Pat Gonzales-Rogers, executive director of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition, a consortium of the five tribes that petitioned Obama to make Bears Ears a monument. “The tribes are their own unique sovereigns. Senator Romney does not speak for them.”
    Bears Ears is the first and only national monument established at the direct request of sovereign tribes. The landscape is home to more than 100,000 known cultural and archaeological sites, including ancient rock art panels and cliff dwellings, and five tribes — the Navajo Nation, the Hopi Tribe, the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe, the Pueblo of Zuni and the Ute Indian Tribe — consider the area sacred.

Grand Staircase-Escalante is also rich in both archeological and paleontological resources. The landscape makes up a portion of the Southern Paiute people’s ancestral homelands and numerous other tribes have historical ties to the area.

When Trump’s Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke recommended shrinking Bears Ears in 2017, the Bears Ears tribal coalition condemned it as “a slap in the face to the members of our Tribes and an affront to Indian people all across the country.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.