BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    where were the stories from the marginalized?

transgender folks terrorized by coworkers
    black and brown folks dealing with institutional racism?
    The biggest fake news disaster isn't really from Trumpworld, it's from the centrist news media. They started painting this myth about Trump's win being some working-class rejection of neoliberalism...when in fact Trump is an extreme agent enforcing neoliberalism and most of his supporters were generally white people across all backgrounds rather than white working-class poor. The strange thing which I noticed is that Trump himself never called or described his movement in that terms, he used populist affective words like "forgotten man" and so on but he never exactly appropriated Occupy slogans like "the 1%" or any such things. It's the liberal punditry who did that on his behalf and they basically conned themselves into allowing Trump to con them.

And if there's anything positive to come out of the Putsch last week it's that this has now been unmasked. Across the space, the newsmedia has reported on this scrupulously (for a change), so we get acknowledgment from the wide motley background all united by white supremacy. Some are veterans (from the Air Force more than others, strangely enough), a lot are religious nuts, Conspiracy Theorist quacks, but a good part are actually wealthy types, private jet flying, travelling-first-class revolutionaries, whiners who lose their s--t when they fall on the no-fly list, and all purpose cowards. You also have former state lawmakers from the GOP involved in this, with Derrick Evans cosplaying as "Nux" for Immortan Trump as he livestreams "witness me" and torpedoes his political career. You also have Rick Saccone, the guy who Conor Lamb unseated back in 2018, deciding to join him.

The Putsch is numerically a small percent of a percent of the Trump base, but it's basically a broad snapshot of the true economic forces that drove Trump. The ones who were willing to go this far for him, the ones who were willing to literally die for him, they are the ones who really believed him all the way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just got a news alert that Bill Belichick has declined a Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.

I'm glad someone finally said no.
    Smart play there. I mean an award from Trump didn't mean much but it's worse than nothing after Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Trump and Pence Spoke Monday for First Time Since Capitol Riot

I would love to be a fly in the wall during this meeting. What does an anger even sound like with the lifeless robot that is Mike Pence?
    I imagine it went something like:
    "You tried to have me killed."
    "Shut up, Mike."
    "OK."

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    And this is how we know the 25th isn't happening.
    Raise your hand if you actually thought it would...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Smart play there. I mean an award from Trump didn't mean much but it's worse than nothing after Wednesday.
    Devin Nunes already whined about the Trumpworld social media deplatforming cutting off their communication. Somebody should ask him on camera if he'd rather exchange his Medal in order to be able to post on Twitter/FB/Parler again, just to remind him how worthless that thing is now. Homer Simpson being knocked out by his own Grammy was infinitely more dignified.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I imagine it went something like:
    "You tried to have me killed."
    "Shut up, Mike."
    "OK."
    Yeah, pretty much. Pence will ride or die with his boss.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

Wonder where the Parler go to collude now? Can't help wondering if Russia will try creating space for them to keep destabilizing the US.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wonder where the Parler go to collude now?
    Seems they have found the right Monster to host them already.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm wondering if we need a support group thread?

My sister is now starting down the QAnon path and appears to dragging my parents down into that cult as well.

With babyblob and I know there are others, I am wondering if that is something we need?

I am at a loss watching the people that raised me and instilled my value system in me go down this path.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm wondering if we need a support group thread?

My sister is now starting down the QAnon path and appears to dragging my parents down into that cult as well.

With babyblob and I know there are others, I am wondering if that is something we need?

I am at a loss watching the people that raised me and instilled my value system in me go down this path.
    Damn man. I am sorry to hear about your sister. let me say you are in for a rough ride. All jokes aside if you need an ear my pm are open.

It is hard seeing people you grew up with and love become victims of this cult.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-11-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So sorry to hear Beast.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The biggest fake news disaster isn't really from Trumpworld, it's from the centrist news media. They started painting this myth about Trump's win being some working-class rejection of neoliberalism...when in fact Trump is an extreme agent enforcing neoliberalism and most of his supporters were generally white people across all backgrounds rather than white working-class poor. The strange thing which I noticed is that Trump himself never called or described his movement in that terms, he used populist affective words like "forgotten man" and so on but he never exactly appropriated Occupy slogans like "the 1%" or any such things.
    Trump doesn't know what neoliberalism is and is a known liar who manipulates his audience into believing whatever will help him at the moment. What's really strange is how his ratings went up with the Latino/Hispanic community when he tried to throw them in camps and out of the country.

It's the liberal punditry who did that on his behalf and they basically conned themselves into allowing Trump to con them.
    What? Liberal pundits hate Trump, they're not his allies. Their bosses are, though.

And if there's anything positive to come out of the Putsch last week it's that this has now been unmasked. Across the space, the newsmedia has reported on this scrupulously (for a change), so we get acknowledgment from the wide motley background all united by white supremacy. Some are veterans (from the Air Force more than others, strangely enough), a lot are religious nuts, Conspiracy Theorist quacks, but a good part are actually wealthy types, private jet flying, travelling-first-class revolutionaries, whiners who lose their s--t when they fall on the no-fly list, and all purpose cowards. You also have former state lawmakers from the GOP involved in this, with Derrick Evans cosplaying as "Nux" for Immortan Trump as he livestreams "witness me" and torpedoes his political career. You also have Rick Saccone, the guy who Conor Lamb unseated back in 2018, deciding to join him.
    The mainstream media has acknowledged this for years, it's old news by this point.

The Putsch is numerically a small percent of a percent of the Trump base, but it's basically a broad snapshot of the true economic forces that drove Trump. The ones who were willing to go this far for him, the ones who were willing to literally die for him, they are the ones who really believed him all the way.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm disappointed but I can't say it surprises me.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It was a talking point on CNN to give us hope and a war cry by Fox News to show how evil the Dems are. When the first Cabnit member resigned I think everyone knew it was not going to happen.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.