Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

We know what they did, and will do, the only question remains, can any of the Democrats rise to the challenge?
    **** no they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    **** no they can't.
    You are clearly forgetting their sing along like they are on a Camping Trip!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Like I said before, we can blame Sinema and Manchin, but I don't think they're as much as a aberration as people think they are.. let's say we vote in more dems in the midterms. How many of them will conveniently turn out to be another Manchinema 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Like I said before, we can blame Sinema and Manchin, but I don't think they're as much as a aberration as people think they are.. let's say we vote in more dems in the midterms. How many of them will conveniently turn out to be another Manchinema 2.0?
    There may well be. But please consider, from the GOPs perspective, how long did they have an Arlen Specter in the Senate and other 'rinos' like him to get to this point? They still voted for him because he had an 'r' after their name and he could help advance their agenda by being where he is. They got it. We need to.

We're not looking at an instant fix that goes back to the status quo. We need to dig in for a long, protracted political fight for control over every level of government, and we have to win, even if that means we have Manchins from time to time, because the alternatives are plainly unthinkable. That doesn't mean just laying down for the Sinemas and Manchins of the world, that's what well funded primary challenges are for, but you have to win the general. Period.

Meanwhile, the fascism of the GOP just keeps growing.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...y-17261619.php

Haley Carter, who also chairs Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner's Commission Against Gun Violence, "voluntarily stepped down," she said, after failed congressional hopeful, former RV salesman and conservative talk show host Jesse Kelly sicced his hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers on her and her family Wednesday. Kelly said he took exception to Carter's political views and even posted a photo of her child in an effort to intimidate Friendswood officials into canceling her inclusion in the parade.

After the city announced Carter was receiving threats of violence, Kelly celebrated, saying "UPDATE: She's gone" and declaring his actions as part of "The New Right," described by Vanity Fair's James Pogue as "a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word." In Kelly's plea to his followers, he lamented that Carter was "into trans activism" and pointed out that she took her excited son to a drag show in Las Vegas to see his "favorite Queen."

While Kelly's insular following applauded his maneuver, others spoke in support for Carter. Turner, who appointed her to the city of Houston's commission in 2018, called her an "American hero" and role model.
    This is pure stochastic terrorism and they're proud of it.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-24-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I said before that may reduce the power they have. Let's presume that the election adds 2 Democratic Senators, and one of the is cut from the same mold as Manchin and Sinema. Now, instead of needed all of them, you only need one. The first one of them to cave is going to get the concessions, while the other 2 will get nothing. That puts pressure on all of them, and allows whoever is negotiating to play them against 3ach other since they wouldn't need all 3, or even 2 of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Funny how Mets doesn't want to talk about them ending Roe, Miranda and Church and State separation and gutting most gun regulation. Oh no, we are way too silly about more Rights being stripped away.
    And if they don't reverse Brown, we all vote for DeSantis, sure that sounds great.
    If Mets wanted to become a Breitbart wannabe while posting the "activist" minimum here in order to show a "resume" there, I would actually be impressed by his record.

Assuming it was nothing like that, erase any impression for me.

At least Revolutionary Jack rightfully called him out as a troll in case all else was in vain.
    Last edited by Wildling; 06-24-2022 at 10:38 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I said before that may reduce the power they have. Let's presume that the election adds 2 Democratic Senators, and one of the is cut from the same mold as Manchin and Sinema. Now, instead of needed all of them, you only need one. The first one of them to cave is going to get the concessions, while the other 2 will get nothing. That puts pressure on all of them, and allows whoever is negotiating to play them against 3ach other since they wouldn't need all 3, or even 2 of them.
    The problem is that Sinema's heel turn was kinda unexpected, we knew what Manchin was about. Sinema was a kinda unforseen spanner in the works. What I noticed is that she's probably screwed and won't get reelected. BUT, isn't it convenient how who ever bought her off picked a politician who wasn't up for reelection anytime soon? They just needed ONE person to join Manchin. Who's to say they won't find more to maximize the obstruction?
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 06-24-2022 at 11:00 PM.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    If Mets wanted to become a Breitbart wannabe while posting the "activist" minimum here in order to show a "resume" there, I would actually be impressed by his record.

At least Revolutionary Jack rightfully called him out as a troll in case all else was in vain.
    Speaking of Mets has he even posted today?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The problem is that Sinema's heel turn was kinda unexpected, we knew what Manchin was about. Sinema was a kinda unforseen spanner in the works. What I noticed is that she's probably screwed and won't get reelected. BUT, isn't it convenient how who ever bought her off picked a politician who wasn't up for reelection anytime soon? They just needed ONE person to join Manchin. Who's to say they won't find more to maximize the obstruction?
    There are probably a couple hiding behind Manchin and Sinema, but the reality is getting elected as a pro-filibuster democrat is a dying position and everyone knows it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

I was sad to see an intelligent poster like him get banned. I hope that dust up wasn't the reason. I hope I don't get banned for discussing it

Seem like this might be worth the mention...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ARDS-amp-RULES

STAY ON TOPIC

Posts or comments that are deemed off-topic to a thread's subject will be deleted at the moderator’s discretion. Repeated instances of off topic behavior, with or without a warning from the forum’s moderator, may result in punitive action.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump takes victory lap after Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade ruling

Good ole Chuck should have waited a day perhaps
    He could not even wait 2 hours to praise Trump for something that would not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seem like this might be worth the mention...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ARDS-amp-RULES
    How about you let the mods do their jobs instead of trying to 'help'.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Sinema's turn was less a surprise to political insiders from Arizona. The national level politicians assumed too much, sadly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Sinema's turn was less a surprise to political insiders from Arizona. The national level politicians assumed too much, sadly.
    She's toast. I imagine she thinks this bipartisan gun bill will prove she has value, but it won't. Not in the face of, well ... everything else.