Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I hear Sicknick was a trump supporter himself.

Can you imagine voting a man for president just to have him rile up the mob that murders you?
    It’s deeply saddening and reminds us that as much as Trump’s base blindly adores him, he couldn’t give less than to craps about them.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ation-n1253546

They are getting ready for round 2.
    I kind of want them to try. The world needs to see them crawl out from under their rocks and be stomped into oblivion.
    As long as civilians aren't hurt in the process.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I kind of want them to try. The world needs to see them crawl out from under their rocks and be stomped into oblivion.
    As long as civilians aren't hurt in the process.
    The thing is Civilians will most likely be hurt. People who come out to support Biden/Harris and go to see them sworn in or people who will show up to rubber neck because they see this as entertainment, or people who just want to see what may happen because they feel it is historic. Either way there will be people hurt or killed always are in situations like this. And it is rarely the people who deserve such a fate.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Meanwhile, trump supporters are up in arms calling this a violation of freedom of speech while applauding AZ GOP censoring Cindy McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Remind me how many police were killed in the BLM protest?
    Five police officers were killed in a Black Lives Matter demonstration in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/u...-shooting.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

I continue to be not the least bit shocked by Conservative reactions but only because I learned long ago, in the context of religion, that there are no limits to the mental gymnastics people will perform to double down on what they want to believe and even double down again the more the evidence mounts against it.

Some of the latest. "The Democrats now know there is nothing they cannot get away with. They can steal an election and declare the freedom fighters the villains. Our democracy is dead."

And this isn't some politician positioning for votes from Trump morons or some Qanon mental case. This is an old high school friend of mine. I want to say that it's even worse. Democrats are now Houdini. They've learned the best trick of all: get people to waste their time looking for something that isn't there until their own paranoia and desire to believe gets the better of them. Get them looking for voter fraud, in this case, until their own inability to find something that's not there makes them paranoid.

I wonder if there are at least some parallels to Hitler in Germany with people hating a menace that didn't exist and believing a liar about everything he fabricated? Because, in less than fifty years, we've gone from the Republicans booting Nixon out for way less than anything Trump has done while Trump literally commits treason and half the Republican population sees him as the hero because of a complete lie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    **** that **** on steroids! Republicans tried to have the election overturned, Republicans incited that horde of thugs to storm the Capitol. The only “unity” I want to see are all those bastards collectively thrown out of Congress for betraying their oath to the Constitution, if not arrested and charged with sedition.
    Exactly. I’ll work on unity once the people who fomented and profited off of this are removed. I’ll try for unity with the people who replace the bad actors and criminals.

There is no unity with the leadership and membership they currently have.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Five police officers were killed in a Black Lives Matter demonstration in 2016.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/u...-shooting.html
    They were killed by a single man, who wasn't a part of the movement but shared an anger over police abuse.

Important point, that

BANNED

The world's smallest violin is currently composing a concerto.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I wonder if there are at least some parallels to Hitler in Germany with people hating a menace that didn't exist and believing a liar about everything he fabricated?
    It's almost exactly like Hitler. Nothing resembles Trump and the MAGAs like Hitler and the NAZIs.

Trump's management style and his personal touch approach to politics and his erratic unpredictability, all of that is nigh-identical to how Hitler rolled. There are differences...Hitler was in fact a true believer in his psycho ideals and wasn't simply a grifter whereas Trump is a grifter who only believes entirely in himself...and Hitler could playact as some statesman when he was around people who weren't total Nazis at the outset (and Hitler was quite good at getting the latter into becoming total Nazis). But at the end of the day, Trump is a fascist and is basically an American Hitler.

Hitler's movement was driven by revanchism over defeat, and they leapt on Ludendorff (aka the bad guy from Wonder Woman 1) who claimed that Germany lost WW1 because they were "stabbed in the back" when in fact they were losing the war and were on the cusp of invasion and societal collapse, and surrendered to forestall Entente invasion and occupation. This by the way was what inspired World War 2's bombing of Germany because everyone agreed that the decision to spare Imperial Germany the devastation of war made people think they somehow would have won anyway. The stabbed-in-the-back lie is a gruesome fabrication and people swallowed that. There was also the kvetching over the Treaty of Versailles (which wasn't perfect mind you) when Imperial Germany was in fact primarily responsible for World War 1 and knowingly went into a war on aggression that escalated a minor Balkan conflict of the sort that had been going for a decade into a global catastrophe.

Nazism and Fascism are movement based fundamentally and essentially on lies, on mendacity, on violence, and fantasy. Reality is anathema to Nazism, and its anathema to Trump and the MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They were killed by a single man, who wasn't a part of the movement but shared an anger over police abuse.

Important point, that
    It is, and I should have said last year, when the right was up in arms about the protests.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!