Those fake Space Force unis look straight out of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh joy...he killed a straight vote on relief and tied it to Trump's insane ranting about Twitter and voting machines.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Those fake Space Force unis look straight out of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

So who will head up that commission to investigate voter fraud? Rudy Giuliani? Melissa Carone? Kelli Ward?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Its really just a game at this ;point. Pelosi knew the $2000 bill would not pass. I thank her for trying but she knw Mitch would not let it go. I know that she wanted to help people and I know that was her main goal. But a smaller goal was to make the GOP look bad before GA runoffs. Hell she has been in the game to long to not think of that. It was win win for her. If it passed people the get the money and that is really her main goal. If it did not then Mitch and the GOP looks worse.

With Mitch he knows that his is also not going to pass. because he knows there will not be a Voter Fraud Commission voted for by the Dems or any one in their right mind really. So pretty much only the Dems. He also knows that Section 230 will not be repealed. So his bill is nothing more then an attempt to make the Dems look bad when they vote it down. The GOP and hard core Trumpers will believe his spin.

It is clear that Mitch wants to help no one. And it is BS. But there are way too many that see him as a hero for standing up for Trump and doing the so called "Right Thing." never mind that the right thing would have been to pass the $2000 in the first place and not block it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They're more Nazi-like in the book.

But yes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its really just a game at this ;point. Pelosi knew the $2000 bill would not pass. I thank her for trying but she knw Mitch would not let it go. I know that she wanted to help people and I know that was her main goal. But a smaller goal was to make the GOP look bad before GA runoffs. Hell she has been in the game to long to not think of that. It was win win for her. If it passed people the get the money and that is really her main goal. If it did not then Mitch and the GOP looks worse.

With Mitch he knows that his is also not going to pass. because he knows there will not be a Voter Fraud Commission voted for by the Dems or any one in their right mind really. So pretty much only the Dems. He also knows that Section 230 will not be repealed. So his bill is nothing more then an attempt to make the Dems look bad when they vote it down. The GOP and hard core Trumpers will believe his spin.

It is clear that Mitch wants to help no one. And it is BS. But there are way too many that see him as a hero for standing up for Trump and doing the so called "Right Thing." never mind that the right thing would have been to pass the $2000 in the first place and not block it.
    Democrats should call his bluff and vote for it. The people get more money. A bullshit commission is set up that will find no voter fraud, less it 's on the side of the Republicans. And I could give two shits if Facebook and Twitter get sued.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Democrats should call his bluff and vote for it. The people get more money. A bullshit commission is set up that will find no voter fraud, less it 's on the side of the Republicans. And I could give two shits if Facebook and Twitter get sued.
    It actually according one legal person I know a little said that this would have the opposite effect than what Trump wants. He expects that he can post whatever insane bullshit he wants. But the moment he posts something that Twitter worries over...they can ban him. Because they can do it. So I'd be like .."Sure we will pass it but this Commission will be handled by a group of Democrats and Republicans. No one from team Trump will be named on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Repealing section 230 wouldn't be a good thing though.

Boisterously Confused

Ah. So he's not absolutely insane. Just utterly despicable.

Now a dark thought occurs: why would completely narcissistic Trump want Everyman to get $1400 more? Because he and Mitch want to BBQ Biden and Pelosi.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Ah. So he's not absolutely insane. Just utterly despicable.

Now a dark thought occurs: why would completely narcissistic Trump want Everyman to get $1400 more? Because he and Mitch want to BBQ Biden and Pelosi.
    Given that the last deal we saw with Team Trump and how nothing was uncovered , I'd say Biden and company would be like....sure lets do that. But we want it to be a neutral commission. That way no one is favored and lets see what happens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Repealing section 230 wouldn't be a good thing though.
    Yeah, it wouldn't just be social media giants that would get opened up for litigation, everything from the Internet Archive to CBR could start attracting sue-happy lawyers.