Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont understand why people are flipping out about her being charged. She shot and killed a man. Even if it was a mistake.

If I had shot and killed someone by mistake lets say cleaning a gun, or goofing around or something I would damn sure be charged.

So her being charged when she made a mistake that cost a man his life she damn sure should be charged even if she is a cop.

I get people are mad because they see it as a white female cop being thrown to the wolves to appease the pc black lives matter crowd but that is bullshit and those people need to shut up!.
    I'm guessing all these losers whining like spoiled infants about Potter never uttered so much as a peep about the two Capitol Police officers who died in the aftermath of the January 6th insurrection when they were attacked by hordes of very white lunatics. Where was all that "Blue Lives Matter" concern then?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Prosecutors won't pursue charges in shooting death of Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot

I feel bad that this woman died, but I can’t pretend that she didn’t bring this on herself because if she had simply stayed home that day instead of joining a literal lynch mob she’d still be alive today. Conservatives trying to compare what happen to her to black people getting murdered by cops makes me sick.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

'You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherf****r': Army investigates Fort Jackson Drill Instructor for shoving black kid and accusing him of 'hanging around' the South Carolina gated community

'This is by no means condoned by any service member,' he said on Twitter. 'We will get to the bottom of this ASAP.'

In a statement to Dailymail.com, a spokesperson for the base said Fort Jackson was working with local authorities on the matter, adding that 'this type of behavior is not consistent with our Army Values and will not be condoned.'

'Thank you to the community for bringing this to our attention and we will get to the bottom of this ASAP,' Beagle Jr. added in the statement.

The three-minute clip shows Pentland repeatedly scream at the young man - identified only as Deandre - to 'go away now.' Cassie Pentland, his wife, can also be heard shouting at the black man and telling him police have already been called when he tells them to alert authorities.
    'Maybe you should stick around a little longer and then we won't have to get the report by ourselves,' Cassie tells Deandre.

Pentland asks the young man what he is doing in the area, to which Deandre calmly retorts 'walking.'

'That's what I was doing, walking to my house,' he continues.

Follow-up

Fort Jackson probing video of White soldier berating Black man in Columbia neighborhood

COLUMBIA — Fort Jackson officials are investigating the actions of a White soldier caught on video berating a Black man for walking inside a Richland County subdivision, an incident that led to a protest.

“This type of behavior is not consistent with our Army Values and will not be condoned,” Fort Jackson spokeswoman L.A. Sully said in a statement on April 14. “We have begun our own investigation and are working with the local authorities.”

The two-minute clip posted on Twitter on April 13 shows a man standing less than a foot away from the Black man, who is on a sidewalk in The Summit, a large diverse neighborhood in Northeast Richland.

“Go away, right now,” the man says. “What is it you’re doing here?”

The Black man says he was walking and suggested the White man call police. A woman not seen on camera says officers have been called.

“You’re aggressing on our neighborhood,” the White man says, shoving the Black man. “You better walk away or I’m going to carry your (expletive) out of here.”

“I didn’t do anything,” the Black man says.

“I’m about to do something to you,” the White man says. “You better start walking.”
    Richland County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement that the Black man in the video is accused of two incidents in the same neighborhood days prior to the confrontation. A man touched a woman and picked up a baby without consent, according to incident reports from the sheriff’s office.

There was no word if deputies issued any charges. Names of the suspect and victims were redacted in the reports sent to The Post and Courier.

About 40 protesters showed up outside the home of the soldier on April 14, shouting “This is our neighborhood too!”

“This young brother could have been another hashtag instead of a living, breathing warrior,” Jerome Bowers, CEO of One Common Cause: Community Control Initiative, said during the protest.

Four Richland County Sheriff’s vehicles were camped out just down the street from the protest and another six patrol cars were parked at nearby Brookland Baptist Church with officers milling outside the cars.
    The Richland County Sheriff’s Department said it was investigating the confrontation.

Sheriff Leon Lott plans to meet with elected officials and community organization representatives to discuss the incident ahead of making a public statement, the department said April 14. Lott will hold a news conference at 5 p.m.

“Sheriff Lott realizes the importance of putting out correct information quickly as there has been a lot of incorrect information distributed through Facebook and other social media,” the sheriff’s department said in a statement. “The video in itself is very disturbing and has helped tremendously in our investigation.”

State Sen. Mia McLeod, a Democrat whose district includes The Summit, gave an impassioned speech from the Senate floor asking her colleagues to stand up against injustice.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-14-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

On this date in 2015, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Tim Bearden, a former member of the Georgia House of Representatives who immediately upon entering office, began work to try and that the Confederate flag put back on the Georgia state flag. Yes, Bearden was a member of the Sons of the Confederacy tried to gin up support for himself by pushing for various anti-immigrant bills as well, and even expressed concerns that the paranoid conspiracy theory of NAFTA leading to a North American Union would come to pass. Bearden also loved to tout his love of the 2nd Amendment, once drawing the attention of the TSA after boasting he would walk into Hartsfeld-Jackson Airport in Atlanta packing heat just to prove how committed he was. Bearden's status began to wane, however, after several ethics complaints were lodged against him for accepting six-figure sums from municipalities for being a "consultant" without doing any work began to emerge. We wish we could say Bearden's career as a legislator came to an end due to a loss in an election, but it actually was the fact that he was granted a job by Gov. Nathan Deal to train people at the Department of Public Safety. Yes, a paranoid, Neo-Confederate, anti-immigrant kook who once tried walking into an airport with a gun to prove a point was employed to teach people about public safety.

In 2016, 2017, and in 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented profiles of Michigan State Senator Tom Casperson, who gained some notoriety for his reaction to the Flint Water Crisis. As the Michigan state legislature’s Republicans relented, and begrudgingly approved $30 million in aid to go towards Flint (which falls well short of what they’ll need to fix their seriously damaged plumbing infrastructure), Casperson took to the floor of the chamber to give a passionate defense of poor, poor Gov. Rick Snyder. He did not, however, choose his words wisely, acknowledging “mistakes were made” but comparing some of the vitriolic attacks on Snyder to “a poison in the heart, a poison of the spirit.” This after the Snyder administration had LITERALLLY POISONED PEOPLE. Casperson continued his rant, claiming people were unfairly“crucifying” Snyder, as well. Of course, that isn’t the only time Casperson has had a major gaffe on the floor of the State Senate. Back in 2013, he gave a fictionalized account where he claimed a pre-school had been beset by three wolves “multiple times” just after children had come in from the playground. The original story involved zero children, and only one wolf. Casperson was forced to apologize, but based on his speech, the legislature already had voted to send a resolution to Congress try and get gray wolves removed from the Endangered Species List because they were “so dangerous”. If you’re still not getting the idea, Casperson is also a Birther, who in an interview on a local radio show talked about how he “wasn’t sure if President Obama was born in the United States”, and felt there was some bias, and that if the same controversy had surrounded, say, President Bush, the media would have never let it go. Casperson’s voting record includes support for HB 4745, which would allow medical professionals to deny healthcare services based on their “religious, moral, and ethical beliefs” (Because that should supersede the Hippocratic Oath), opposition to HB 6048, which would have allowed victims of rape and sexual assault to be provided access to emergency contraception, and support for HB 5697, also known as the “rape insurance law” which would force Michigan women to provide their own insurance plan to provide medical services if they want medical care due to a miscarriage or abortion… without any exception for rape. Casperson, also was the sponsor of SB 926, a bill which would have criminalized flying a drone anywhere near a hunter trying to bring down big game to try and scare off their quarry. (There were exactly zero reported incidences of anyone doing this when he drafted the bill.) J[He also has repeatedly voted for bills to attempt to begin drug testing welfare recipients, and voted for HB 4188, a bill to allow adoption agencies to refuse to allow couples to adopt children based on their own “religious beliefs”. It was a bit unnerving to find out that Tom Casperson was running for U.S. House in 2016, trying to get elected to represent Michigan’s 1st Congressional District, but he was mercifully defeated by Jack Bergman in the GOP Primary for that seat. As such, Casperson had to return to the Michigan State Senate, but in 2018, he was term-limited, and during his last term in office he became the target of an investigation by the FBI into politicians being bribed by a towing company, and in wiretaps, those who have been charged were recorded discussing paying off Casperson.

On this date in 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled John Moore, a former member of the Mississippi House of Representatives from 1995-2017. While when Moore turned in his resignation, he claimed it was due to “health reasons”, but Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn said that Moore’s condition actually amounted to a chronic case of being a horny d***-weasel who sexually harassed a number of women in the state capitol over the two decades he was in office. In the interests of not making Moore’s profile all about him being brought down by the #MeToo movement, we’ll note that during his legislative career, he also co-sponsored legislation to expand the ways people could get exemptions from having to vaccinate their children, to legalize prayer in schools (despite what the Separation of Church and State says about that), and to authorize people to carry guns into houses of religious worship. He also voted for legislation to suppress the vote with stricter unnecessary voter ID laws that curb the non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud, voted against minimum wage increases, and was such a hardliner on abortion that he voted for exceptions for victims of rape or incest on any and all anti-choice legislation that he supported.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date one year ago today,“Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” had its first profile of the U.S. House Representative from Alabama’s 4th Congressional District, Robert Aderholt, who has served in Congress since 1997. Aderholt is the son of a part-time minister and district court judge who served for 30 years in Alabama, Bobby Ray Aderholt, so you might expect that the guy might be conservative.

Hoo boy, is he.

Robert Aderholt has a rating of 0, yes, ZERO from the Human Rights Committee because of his record on LGBTQ Rights. This has something do with him being closely aligned with the anti-gay hate group, the Family Research Council (who give him a 100% rating), that he has sponsored amendments to legislation to try to allow adoption agencies to deny gay couples adoptions based on their “religious beliefs”, and that he reacted to the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling with “a heavy heart” and fears that it would be a threat to his own religious freedom if gay people could get married.

On abortion, Rep. Aderholt is radical enough that on two occasions, he has tried to defund Planned Parenthood, and called upon Mitch McConnell and the GOP-controlled Senate to overturn the filibuster to that they can move the same legislation through the Senate.

And, taking a look at his belief on climate change, yes, Robert Aderholt denies it exists, calling the current significant rise in temperature a part of a “normal warming cycle” and assuring everyone hat a cooling cycle is coming right behind it, based on historical precedents that seem to have been pulled directly out of his anus:

But what’s quite concerning is seeing a Fundamentalist like Robert Aderholt bend over backwards to make his twisted view on Christianity even more broken by singing the praises of Donald Trump. Aderholt places Trump’s Christian values to be on par with Ronald Reagan’s, and somehow ahead of both Bush 41 and Bush 43. He's aligned himself fully with Trump’s white nationalist agenda, insisting we need a border wall because migrants are “smuggling drugs” across, defended Donald Trump’s incoherent rages, even if they’re directed at former Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, and has claimed the pathetically craven Trump would win a fist-fight with Joe Biden, because yes, Aderholt is that much of a toady.

In his career as a legislator, Aderholt has voted to create a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage, voted against the Equal Pay Bill and Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, voted against Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, against the DREAM Act, against the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", voted scores of times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, voted against Disaster Relief Funding for victims of Hurricane Sandy, for the past two government shutdowns, and voted for HR 1, the GOP’s $1.7 trillion tax cut to benefit the wealthiest Americans and corporations permanently that coincidentally also removes the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate and kicks 13 million people off their health insurance in 2017.He was too craven to vote for HJR 30, which was meant to express disapproval of Donald Trump not acting against Russian Federation for attack Aderholt our democracy and twice voted against impeachment against Trump for high crimes against the United States.

Since we last covered him, his recent voting record looks a little like this:

We’ll note that on January 8th, two days after the attempted violent coup on the Capitol by Trump supporters that Robert Aderholt decided that it would not be worth impeaching Trump because he was already “diminished” and he thought doing so would “divide the country, because he’s a coward who lives in fear of his own constituents’ support of the tinpot wannabe-dictator.

In theory, Aderholt isn’t going anywhere until he decides to retire, which can’t happen soon enough.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

I agree deescalation should be a large part of the training. But cops having no guns when going against some heavy armed nut job who decided he is going to die and take as many people with him as he can? That just means the cop will die and anyone else in the area.

Comparing our police tactics to other countries really does not work. Other countries like England and Japan do not have the gun culture and problem that America does. I think Tami said it a few pages back you have to change the culture of America and their love of guns.

So no police with no guns in America does not work. It will cost a Hell of a lot more lives in the long run both police and civilian.

Im not a cop so I cant talk as to where their mind is at during these situations. I have never been under that stress. But I have been to prison with some very bad men and heard the whole im gonna kill a cop, im gonna shoot up a crowd talk. Yea most of it talk but there is the one or two where it is not.

I have a serious mental health disorder. There have been times I have been in public and been a danger to those around me. I have had to be tased twice in my life by police. There was no talking me down in those cases. I can understand how that could have gone south and am thankful and lucky I am still here. If I would have had a gun in those situations I could have hurt or killed a lot of people. Just from what I have done in the past I do not want unarmed police or social workers being the only ones to respond to me if something happens and I flip out again.
    Rules and regulations don't exist to create trust; they exist to act in place of it. Removing guns isn't to get people to trust the police to not shoot them; it's so that they won't have to.

We're at a point where people are seriously suggesting dissolution of police forces, so removing guns really isn't a radical suggestion by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm guessing all these losers whining like spoiled infants about Potter never uttered so much as a peep about the two Capitol Police officers who died in the aftermath of the January 6th insurrection when they were attacked by hordes of very white lunatics. Where was all that "Blue Lives Matter" concern then?
    Potter would be facing 2nd or 3rd degree murder in 48 other states.

Manslaughter is a chump charge.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Rules and regulations don't exist to create trust; they exist to act in place of it. Removing guns isn't to get people to trust the police to not shoot them; it's so that they won't have to.

We're at a point where people are seriously suggesting dissolution of police forces, so removing guns really isn't a radical suggestion by this point.
    It is a very radical suggestion in America where there are so many guns in this country. Do you know how many criminals, gang members, alt right nut jobs will go have a damn field day with cops who have no guns? Why would a cop even suit up if it is open season for them?

I guess my question is how would an unarmed police force benefit society when everyone else is armed? How would it reduce crime in any way?
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-14-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

iMan 42s

It is a very radical suggestion in America where there are so many guns in this country. Do you know how many criminals, gang members, alt right nut jobs will go have a dman field day with cops who have no guns? Why would a cop even suit up if it is open season for them?
    I've had more situations where cops never even bothered to show up. And when they do they overcompensate with reactions. Nobody here wants to deal with them because all it is is paperwork and legal fees if not funeral bills because officer dumbfuck didn't want to do anything about the actual criminal murderer. We had a two day kidnapping here and threat of death by an actual criminal murderer. Cops said if he didn't injure the victim it wasn't their problem so frankly I don't have much respect for the local departments beyond them managing speeding vehicles.

Like if I can't trust them to actually deal with the crazed maniacs then all they are to me are just enforcers of the local MVA.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Siri, show me the last time a cop did jack fuckin' **** to actually stop a mass shooting.
    I should have posted this right away because it was all over the news for like two weeks in my city.

The Fifth Third Shooting in Down Town Cincinnati. The gunman did kill 3 people in the lobby. but he was shot and killed by police before he could get to the higher floors of the building. He had several hundred rounds on his person. So yea it would have been a Hell of a lot worse had the police with their guns not stepped in.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I've had more situations where cops never even bothered to show up. And when they do they overcompensate with reactions. Nobody here wants to deal with them because all it is is paperwork and legal fees if not funeral bills because officer dumbfuck didn't want to do anything about the actual criminal murderer. We had a two day kidnapping here and threat of death by an actual criminal murderer. Cops said if he didn't injure the victim it wasn't their problem so frankly I don't have much respect for the local departments beyond them managing speeding vehicles.

Like if I can't trust them to actually deal with the crazed maniacs then all they are to me are just enforcers of the local MVA.
    Remember, like Biden said, the police need MORE resources if we're to expect them to do their jobs properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Thats you experience. I cant debate that. I have different dealings with police. We can only speak to what we have seen and been through so I am not going to debate you because I have no frame of reference for you expereance. But I am a supporter of the police. They need to be better trained with Deescaliaction, bad cops should not be protected. I have always said that. But I guess my four years in prison and dealing with the worst that society has to offer on a daily basis including myself who used to be a pretty shitty person gives me a view on why we need the police, and why I think dearming them is a very bad idea. There are many shitty cops who cant be trusted to carry a firearm. They need to be weeded out. The system needs to change to make that happen. i have always said that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Remember, like Biden said, the police need MORE resources if we're to expect them to do their jobs properly.
    Top ten things that's not going to happen in our lifetime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Things are getting more and more f**ked up over in Tennessee as they go heavy on anti-LGBT rights.
    And conservatives claim the left Want to remove freedom.