Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    In 2021 firearms were the No. 1 cause of deaths for children ages 1-19.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/10943...th-in-children

The GOP leadership and Focus on the Family is outraged and taking immediate action to change gun laws and stop the needless violence.

LOL, I'm kidding. Nobody said s**t about it.
    No wonder they wanted masks off of kids in schools. They'd rather the children died of Covid-19 so nobody would complain when they're shot to death. Just switch out the murder weapon so they could keep their guns.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You DID notice the part where they said 'a damn pity Faux News CAN'T be banned in the States like it has in other countries', right? Or did you miss that part?
    It would depend on why it's a damn pity. Is it because the laws in the US are inadequate, or that no one should have the power to implement this? Or something else?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would depend on why it's a damn pity. Is it because the laws in the US are inadequate, or that no one should have the power to implement this? Or something else?
    I presume he considers it a pity that the laws and Constitution are interpreted to protect speech which at best is trying to divide the country against itself and often reaches the level of stochastic terrorism. I understand the slippery slope arguments, but when yet another mass murderer has Tucker Carlsons words on his lips I can't help but wonder if we have reached the limits of what should be tolerated.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I presume he considers it a pity that the laws and Constitution are interpreted to protect speech which at best is trying to divide the country against itself and often reaches the level of stochastic terrorism. I understand the slippery slope arguments, but when yet another mass murderer has Tucker Carlsons words on his lips I can't help but wonder if we have reached the limits of what should be tolerated.
    The murderer hated Carlson's news station. And it's very disingenuous to witness people conflating the vile Great Replacement Theory with common concerns about assimilation and accepting tons of illegal immigrants (which a lot of Latinos actually oppose), which isn't about race or black people living in the United States.

Here comes the 'acktually'.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    The murderer hated Carlson's news station. And it's very disingenuous to witness people conflating the vile Great Replacement Theory with common concerns about assimilation and accepting tons of illegal immigrants (which a lot of Latinos actually oppose), which isn't about race or black people living in the United States.
    Carlson pushes great replacement incredibly hard.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Carlson absolutely has blood on his fish fingers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Carlson absolutely has blood on his fish fingers.
    Yeah, he’s been pushing great replacement theory for a while now.

Not just him but some of the other talking heads on Fox News.

They’ve (and a lot of noisemakers on social media) have mainstreamed this nonsense which was totally underground before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    No wonder they wanted masks off of kids in schools. They'd rather the children died of Covid-19 so nobody would complain when they're shot to death. Just switch out the murder weapon so they could keep their guns.
    Yep.

I’m old enough to remember Al Gore saying that the thinking that the GOP is the party of “family values” is nonsense and it should be totally rejected.

Truer words were never spoken.

The same people who want to ban critical analysis of racist power structures in the USA from being examined in schools across the country because it might make white people feel bad have no problem spewing a firehose of lies about 'dirty illegal immigrants bringing diseases across the border who are here to replace the good hard working white people of this country'.

People are now calling this 'GRT' and mocking Rufo endlessly with it. It's nice.

What exactly is the endgame for these "Great Replacement Theory" idiots? Do they think the employers of the people they kill will offer them the jobs that are now open? Or do they have a pool of unemployed white guys ready to take their place? Have they applied for jobs that were given to minorities instead of them? I call shenanigans and bullshit on all of it.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Carlson pushes great replacement incredibly hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, he’s been pushing great replacement theory for a while now. Not just him but some of the other talking heads on Fox News.
    He doesn't. Nobody on the channel does. I disagree with Carlson on a lot of policy, particularly most of what he says related to matters foreign and fiscal. But to say that he pushes Great Replacement Theory or any kind of white nationalism is a boldfaced lie. There are real white identitarian lunatics who push it, and they're evil. But pretending that people who clearly aren't doing it are in fact doing it only elevates said evil actors.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    He doesn't. Nobody on the channel does. I disagree with Carlson on a lot of policy, particularly most of what he says related to matters foreign and fiscal. But to say that he pushes Great Replacement Theory or any kind of white nationalism is a boldfaced lie. There are real white identitarian lunatics who push it, and they're evil. But pretending that people who clearly aren't doing it are in fact doing it only elevates said evil actors.
    You either have no idea what you're talking about or you're a liar. There is ample evidence of Carlson, and others on Fox, promoting these views.

Great replacement theory, or white replacement theory, states that a range of liberals, Democrats and Jewish people are working to replace white voters in western countries with non-white people, in an effort to achieve political aims.

It is not a new concept. But Carlson has led the charge in reintroducing it to mainstream rightwing thought. In April a New York Times investigation found that in more than 400 hundred of his shows Carlson had advanced the idea that a “cabal of elites want to force demographic change through immigration”.

In a monologue on his Monday night show, Carlson did not directly address replacement theory. He claimed the Buffalo shooter’s manifesto was “not recognizably left wing or right-wing: it’s not really political at all”, despite the rambling document referencing a number of right-wing conspiracy theories.
    https://www.***************.com/buff...rlson-fox-news

I'm not sure who to believe, guys. Either we believe multiple videos of Tucker Carlson himself on the internet pushing great replacement stories about how dems want to replace white voters and has many other videos of him pushing white nationalism, just without the sieg heil at the end, and the many media analysis like the aforementioned NYT's article which found him to have done it over four hundred times, or ClassicalComics. It's a tough choice.

As usual, conservatives stoke the fire, and then, when people ineviably die as a result, attempt to hide behind a veil of plausible deniability that anyone not in bed with them already can see is horse ****.

https://www.adl.org/blog/white-supre...RoC-4YQAvD_BwE

I dunno, guys. Should I believe ClassicalComics, or the right-wing extremists thanking him for bringing Great Replacement Theory to a nightly, incrreasingly radicalized audience?

In the days following Tucker Carlson’s vitriolic, xenophobic commentary about demographic change, most white supremacist reactions were supportive of the Fox News personality and praised him for railing against “white genocide.” Some suggested that Carlson is finally showing his true colors and fully embracing white nationalism. One 4Chan poster wrote: “As predicted, Carlson is our guy.”

Other extremists argued Carlson is not taking a strong enough position and called him a “cuck.” One 4Chan poster wrote: “You guys keep falling for the same sh*t.” The vast majority of comments on extremist forums mention ADL – and the organization’s response to Carlson’s bigoted message -- by name.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-16-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How would you ban it in the states?
    Presumably enforce stricter legislation regarding its "entertainment shows" and remove it from air until it replaces its name. It's not News after all. They've admitted as such.