Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    BoTh SiDEs. Honestly, this just isn't true. While there are absolutely people out there on the left who believe silly things, you can not even slightly compare them.
    Indeed. Last time I checked, there was no left leaning version of QAnon with rabid lunatics like Marjorie Taylor-Greene in Congress.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Indeed. Last time I checked, there was no left leaning version of QAnon with rabid lunatics like Marjorie Taylor-Greene in Congress.
    Well, there ARE looney lefties, but they are different from the crazy right in at least three critical aspects.

Not as crazy.

Not as numerous.

Not in charge.

I'll worry about the chipping paint on my house after I deal with the gaping holes in the walls. One is worse than the other.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    BoTh SiDEs. Honestly, this just isn't true. While there are absolutely people out there on the left who believe silly things, you can not even slightly compare them.
    But.. But... Hunters Emails!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I found this on the FBI's website

What are Known Violent Extremist Groups?

Of those groups listed, I'd say only one might be characterized as Left [Animal Rights Extremists and Environmental Extremists] and I haven't seen them in the news in a decade to more.

This is from 2002: FBI - TheTerrorist Threat - Testimony

In this one, the Left get's more attention than it currently does. Though I find the discussion of ALF and ELF to be somewhat amusing.

The Far Right is still as violent as ever, actually more so.

The Left is less extreme and more mainstream. Issues fought over by the Left in the past have either been resolved or become part of the current culture and politics as something that needs to be resolved, peacefully.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-04-2021 at 05:10 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, there ARE looney lefties, but they are different from the crazy right in at least three critical aspects.

Not as crazy.

Not as numerous.

Not in charge.

I'll worry about the chipping paint on my house after I deal with the gaping holes in the walls. One is worse than the other.
    A living wage? Higher taxes on the rich? Health insurance for all! Crazy wackos!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A living wage? Higher taxes on the rich? Health insurance for all! Crazy wackos!
    Don't forget that these crazies want to fight climate change and for every eligible person to have the right to vote.

How can we expect Republicans to win if people are allowed to vote? Rubbish!

Ooooh, echo chambering! I suppose Jill Stein, the Bernie Bros who flipped out over not getting every little thing they wanted, and the idiots who nearly derailed restoring voting rights to felons by trying to attach it to having current prisoners vote too (despite that having almost no public support) must all be figments of my imagination?

Granted, they are nowhere near as bad as the crazies on the far right, but anyone who actually read my full post would have seen that I said that already.

Instead, the response was pile on mockery, a very Republican response.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Speaking of the QAnon crackpots, I wonder if any of them will show up at the Capitol to see Donald Trump sworn in for that second term today?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Speaking of the QAnon crackpots, I wonder if any of them will show up at the Capitol to see Donald Trump sworn in for that second term today?
    If it's more than a dozen, I'd be surprised.

Last edited by Tami; 03-04-2021 at 07:01 AM.

The top people in the run for the GOP in 2024 are all Q favorites. Trump, Hawley, Cotton, Cruz. Meanwhile, those few Republicans who say the election was not stolen are censured by their Party. But yeah, those extremist Dems.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I won't even associate with anyone who believes in that idiocy. I'm more worried about the spread of those lies than COVID - there's as vaccine for the latter at least.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The top people in the run for the GOP in 2024 are all Q favorites. Trump, Hawley, Cotton, Cruz. Meanwhile, those few Republicans who say the election was not stolen are censured by their Party. But yeah, those extremist Dems.
    What I consider to be the extreme left hasn't been elected to Congress yet, nor does it seem to be happening anytime soon. They might be a minor concern (at most), whereas the extreme right is a crisis.

I'm beginning to think no one has ever read a single one of my posts...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ooooh, echo chambering! I suppose Jill Stein, the Bernie Bros who flipped out over not getting every little thing they wanted, and the idiots who nearly derailed restoring voting rights to felons by trying to attach it to having current prisoners vote too (despite that having almost no public support) must all be figments of my imagination?

Granted, they are nowhere near as bad as the crazies on the far right, but anyone who actually read my full post would have seen that I said that already.

Instead, the response was pile on mockery, a very Republican response.
    Maybe some posts got deleted by mods, but I see a rather civil response to a claim that often gets brought up but is just plain untrue.

They couldn't catch a ride since no one is going to bus them in.

But they will say mean things on social media.