Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

And, much as we are loathe to report it, Thomas Massie just won a fourth term in office in the 2018 elections, earning 62% of the vote. He didn’t even get sworn in for this term in office without drawing headlines again, this time for, days after Thanksgiving, mocking progressives for wanting Healthcare for All by arguing against the idea that human beings have a right to food:

Spoiler alert, the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights confirmed food was a human right. Also, Massie’s supposed influence, Jesus Christ, was rather vocal about the value of feeding the hungry, so…
    His next Democratic opponent should use that. Play that clip and then answer, "Yes! Damn right basic food should be a right for all!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    I get people not liking congress and the awful things they have done but isn't this the real terrorism? Reminds us all of Another Homegrown Domestic Terrorist who has been radicalized by the left wing extremist rhetoric!
    I see a lot of posts on social media making this connection. Apparently they don't know the difference between terrorism and arson.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I see a lot of posts on social media making this connection. Apparently they don't know the difference between terrorism and arson.
    Yeah, from what I've heard on the radio, it was just a homeless guy trying to keep himself warm and set the tree on fire by accident.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    I get people not liking congress and the awful things they have done but isn't this the real terrorism? Reminds us all of Another Homegrown Domestic Terrorist who has been radicalized by the left wing extremist rhetoric!
    Last I heard it was a homeless man, possibly drunk, and no indication of why he did what he did. Maybe he was cold and wanted a fire to warm himself by.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sanna Marin: Finland's PM sorry for clubbing after Covid contact

Finland's Prime Minister Sanna Marin has apologised for going clubbing after coming into close contact with a Covid-19 case.

Sanna Marin went on a night out in Helsinki on Saturday, hours after her foreign minister had tested positive.

She was initially told she did not need to isolate because she had been fully vaccinated, but later missed a text that advised her to do so.

Critics questioned her judgement for not isolating until testing negative.

The Social Democratic prime minister, 36, said the text message that advised her to avoid social contact was sent to her work phone, which she had left at home.

When she saw the text on Sunday, she urgently sought a Covid test and the result came back negative.

At first Ms Marin defended her actions, arguing that she had followed the advice of her secretary of state, who informed her about the Covid exposure.

But in a Facebook post on Monday, Ms Marin said she should have double-checked the guidance and used better judgement.

"I am very sorry for not understanding that I needed to do that,"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Last I heard it was a homeless man, possibly drunk, and no indication of why he did what he did. Maybe he was cold and wanted a fire to warm himself by.
    I just heard that report too. The guy probably had zero idea he was outside the headquarters of Faux News, or even knew what it was. Just a ridiculous case of circumstance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A reminder.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All the major issues in the country I am glad an elected official wanted to waste time on this.

Senator Bill Coleman want to rename 3 inches of a highway after Lincoln Riley. he said he would pay for the time so no tax payer money would be wasted. but how bout the time and money wasted to even introduce this in a session? And a vote?

https://kfor.com/news/local/oklahoma...lincoln-riley/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    All the major issues in the country I am glad an elected official wanted to waste time on this.

Senator Bill Coleman want to rename 3 inches of a highway after Lincoln Riley. he said he would pay for the time so no tax payer money would be wasted. but how bout the time and money wasted to even introduce this in a session? And a vote?

https://kfor.com/news/local/oklahoma...lincoln-riley/
    With precious few exceptions, college football coaches are slightly more stationary than freight train hopping hobos from the first half of the 20th century, so even this small gesture would be a waste.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

(Oddly, the second half of my Thomas Massie post seems to have gotten tripped up, so here it is.)

Here’s some of the other jackassery from Massie over the past few years, and the extent of legislation which he mindlessly opposes:

On top of all the above moments, we’re going to link to a ThinkProgress investigation that has shown how many other times there were resolutions in Congress to criticize or punish Russia for executing its political enemies, or its annexation of Crimea, and how the only people who voted against the bills were Thomas Massie and “Putin’s favorite Congressman” of the time, Dana Rohrabacher. By default, that would mean Massie is now Putin’s favorite. And considering he was wining and dining Maria Butina prior to her arrest, and also had dinner with Alexander Torshin, maybe that should be a major concern.

But Kentucky’s 4th sent Massie forward from the 2020 GOP Primary with 80% of the vote, and on Election Day of that year, , re-elected Thomas Massie with 67% of the vote. Maybe they aren’t aware of everything we just listed, or they just like seeing someone in DC who pisses off the rest of Congress out of spite to the overall political process. Or days after a mass shooting carried out by an angry teenager whose parents seemed to enable him by putting guns in his hand as their only approval or attention to their kid… posts gleeful photos of himself and his whole family for the holidays armed to the teeth like they’re celebrating gun deaths.

Go figure, it’s a libertarian wing conservative with no f***ing empathy whatsoever. At this point, it’s a requirement of the philosophy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

And the homeless aren't political? I guess the lady who beat the asian woman with a hammer wasn't racist then either.
    Craig Tamanaha, a 49-year-old man, who is homeless is currently held at Midtown Precinct North by the NYPD, according to a Daily Mail report citing an update provided by an NYPD spokesperson. "On Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at approximately 0014 hours, a 49-year-old male was observed by Fox News Channel security climbing the Christmas tree decorated outside their office building near the corner of West 48 Street and Sixth Avenue, within the confines of the Midtown North Precinct. Upon arrival, officers observed the male running from the location and he was taken into custody without further incident. The fire within the tree was extinguished without further injury or incident by responding FDNY personnel."

Other details about Tamanaha including how long he's been staying in New York, and if he has a criminal record in other cities remain unclear at the moment. The recent arrest is Tamanaha's third brush with the NYPD, having previously been arrested on two occasions in February and March this year, both times for drugs possession. Detectives working on this case told the outlet that Tamanaha's recent alleged crime was a random act and not politically fuelled. He is expected to appear in court later on December 8 on six charges including arson, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, and disorderly conduct. The spokesperson also confirmed that a lighter was recovered from Tamanaha at the time of his arrest but authorities are still investigating if it was used to light a fire to the tree that was decorated with 10,000 ornaments and took 21 hours to be installed.
    https://meaww.com/who-fox-christmas-...es-against-him
    Last edited by Xheight; 12-08-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    And of course, everything happened in a very civilized manner: The Social Democrats, Greens and FDP market liberals agreed on a coalition treaty and today, Olaf Scholz was voted by parliament to succeed Merkel as chancellor. The president then made it official.

Oh, and Scholz is only the 2nd German chancellor in post war history who took the oath of office without adding "so help me God." The other was Merkel's predecessor, Social Democrat Gerhard Schröder.
    Yeah, I just read the news. Congratulations to the SPD. I am happy that they won.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59575773

So the Social Democrats finally took over the Bundestag, after 16 years but only with a plurality rather than a majority. That is why they had to form a coalition with the other parties intact. I hope the SPD and their allies make good on their promises to their constituents.

Bye-bye, Frau Kanzlerin Merkel. And Hello, Herr Kanzler Scholz.

By the way, Kanzler is a German word for male chancellor. Kanzlerin is German for female chancellor.

Astonishing Member

You mean this wasn't the opening conflict in Fox News' long-feared "War Against Christmas"?

Mighty Member

And the homeless aren't political? I guess the lady who beat the asian woman with a hammer wasn't racist then either.
    I suppose if we're going to compare vague/sketchy motives, measuring what you just mentioned against the case of that guy who left those pipe bombs after that BLM rally (mentioned a page or two earlier) would be fair game.