1. #21376
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Officials say man seen in viral photograph at Nancy Pelosi's desk arrested



    (CNN) The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk during Wednesday's riots in the US Capitol has been arrested and charged with three federal counts, including theft of public property, federal officials said Friday.

    Federal officials said Richard Barnett of Arkansas was taken into custody Friday morning in Little Rock.

    Barnett was charged with knowingly entering and remaining in restricted building grounds without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds as well as the theft of public property, officials said.

    Capitol building. Eleven Molotov cocktails and military-style weapon found in his pickup truck, officials said.

    "Just because you've left the DC region you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol," said Steven D'Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.

    "The FBI is not sparing any resources in this investigation," he said.

    It was not immediately clear whether Barnett has an attorney.
    Look for him to be pardoned and given the Medal of Freedom by next week.

  2. #21377
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Trump supporters continue to harass Sen. Graham at Reagan airport this morning — horrifying new reality in our country

    Trump’s crazy cult strikes again — this time on someone more than deserving.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-08-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  3. #21378
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,803

    Default

    West Virginia Delegate Derrick Evans who livestreamed his siege on the Capitol, has been ARRESTED by the FBI.

    The Video of his "tough bitch with a heart of gold" grandma's reaction while he is being taken away is one for the history books.
    .
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  4. #21379
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She was definitely someone based on what I've read who seemed to want to be part of something, and found purpose in the military and bought into the idea of good guys versus bad guys to the extent that she gave all reason and sense in loyalty to a man, Trump, who didn't give a damn about anyone. For whom the riot at the Capitol was entertainment and who along with his family of jackals listened and partied to music as she died.

    What a waste.
    Sadly cult leaders like Trump thrive on people like her and use them till something like this happens. he is already turning on those people as they are arrested. What is sad is that it came to something like this.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  5. #21380
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sadly cult leaders like Trump thrive on people like her and use them till something like this happens. he is already turning on those people as they are arrested. What is sad is that it came to something like this.
    Some of the participants in this seem to be veterans or ex-military, and the poor treatment of veterans and their concomitant political radicalization is a concerning thing. Babbitt is one of them.

    Note I said some of them...not all of them. The terrorists seem to be a motley collection -- rich private-jet owning adventurers who think the proletariat travels first class, CEOs of small businesses, state-level lawmakers, and others. It's a real fringe collection of white extremists of all classes across a breath. Many of them were out of state (since DC is a predominantly blue city).

    Of the lot, I wouldn't say Babbitt was the most deserving. She was a real soldier in that sense, cannon fodder for her cause.

  6. #21381
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I am deeply impressed by how deeply Antifa has gone undercover within the GOP and the MAGA movement.
    I can't wrap my head around the latest conspiracy theory from the trump camp. Several of the DC rioters have been identified as being trump supporters/conservatives from their social media posts and still trump supporters think it was Antifa. Hell some of them, 6 or so, are GOP lawmakers.

  7. #21382
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I can't wrap my head around the latest conspiracy theory from the trump camp. Several of the DC rioters have been identified as being trump supporters/conservatives from their social media posts and still trump supporters think it was Antifa. Hell some of them, 6 or so, are GOP lawmakers.
    These guys were sicced to the Capitol by El Caudillo del Mar a Lago in public and he was watching it at a gloating party.

    At this point this isn't "conspiracy theory", this is just lying.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-08-2021 at 01:50 PM.

  8. #21383
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    West Virginia Delegate Derrick Evans who livestreamed his siege on the Capitol, has been ARRESTED by the FBI.

    The Video of his "tough bitch with a heart of gold" grandma's reaction while he is being taken away is one for the history books.
    .
    Mr. Evans is 35 or 36 years old, and his grandmother does not look more than 30 years older than him. Ah. West Virginia.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #21384
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I can't wrap my head around the latest conspiracy theory from the trump camp. Several of the DC rioters have been identified as being trump supporters/conservatives from their social media posts and still trump supporters think it was Antifa. Hell some of them, 6 or so, are GOP lawmakers.
    This is what worries me so much. There are people who think this will die out when Trump leaves office. not at all. There are still over 100 members of the house who protested the results after what happened, Cruz and Howley protested the results. Great Howley lost a book deal, but he is not a writer he is a senator, a position he still holds. Is this a cult? yes but can it be discounted so easy? No. These people will be around for years, they will cause trouble for years either has private citizens or worse yet elected officials. Was the capital their last gasp? No at all. Trump will be gone, he will be a nobody in a couple weeks. But the movement lives. People like Howley and Cruz are trying to keep it going.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  10. #21385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is what worries me so much. There are people who think this will die out when Trump leaves office. not at all. There are still over 100 members of the house who protested the results after what happened, Cruz and Howley protested the results. Great Howley lost a book deal, but he is not a writer he is a senator, a position he still holds. Is this a cult? yes but can it be discounted so easy? No. These people will be around for years, they will cause trouble for years either has private citizens or worse yet elected officials. Was the capital their last gasp? No at all. Trump will be gone, he will be a nobody in a couple weeks. But the movement lives. People like Howley and Cruz are trying to keep it going.
    I really think a failed attempt at a bloody coup is probably gonna leave a bad taste in the mouth for a lot of the Republicans who have stuck around this long. Seeing former Republicans like Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt tearing all who are complicit a new ***hole is a thing. Seeing Meghan McCain disgusted. Sure, there are Fox News pundits still trying to pour gasoline on the fire, but I'm wondering how long that goes on, because as the details keep coming out, the outrage isn't going away. We have literally video of Trump's family pumping fists as the riot's about to start, White House staffers who have quit saying Trump was "delighted" as people were dying in his name. Finding out that it was a deliberate attempt to let chaos reign...

    I don't think you're gonna see Mitt Romney just let his party go this direction and sit back while the worst people from his party run for president in 2024. Someone with principle is going to be in that pulpit with receipts, and not letting the traitors to this country advance out of it, at least not with getting called out for damaging the republic to the extent that they were ready to execute members of Congress and the Vice President.

    People were pissed on 9/11. The next few days and weeks as details were sussed out... we knew who did it, and they were going to pay. We're seeing the domestic terrorism equivalent of 9/11 play out. They're arresting people who were there smashing up the Capitol... but when the intelligence community is done with this... holy s***. There's gonna be some hell to pay. And any smart politician is gonna leave Hawley and Cruz out to dry, rather than defend him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  11. #21386
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,367
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  12. #21387
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Mr. Evans is 35 or 36 years old, and his grandmother does not look more than 30 years older than him. Ah. West Virginia.
    Hell in my hometown in Kentucky my neighbor was a 29 year old grand mother with two Grand kids.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #21388
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I really think a failed attempt at a bloody coup is probably gonna leave a bad taste in the mouth for a lot of the Republicans who have stuck around this long. Seeing former Republicans like Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt tearing all who are complicit a new ***hole is a thing. Seeing Meghan McCain disgusted. Sure, there are Fox News pundits still trying to pour gasoline on the fire, but I'm wondering how long that goes on, because as the details keep coming out, the outrage isn't going away. We have literally video of Trump's family pumping fists as the riot's about to start, White House staffers who have quit saying Trump was "delighted" as people were dying in his name. Finding out that it was a deliberate attempt to let chaos reign...

    I don't think you're gonna see Mitt Romney just let his party go this direction and sit back while the worst people from his party run for president in 2024. Someone with principle is going to be in that pulpit with receipts, and not letting the traitors to this country advance out of it, at least not with getting called out for damaging the republic to the extent that they were ready to execute members of Congress and the Vice President.

    People were pissed on 9/11. The next few days and weeks as details were sussed out... we knew who did it, and they were going to pay. We're seeing the domestic terrorism equivalent of 9/11 play out. They're arresting people who were there smashing up the Capitol... but when the intelligence community is done with this... holy s***. There's gonna be some hell to pay. And any smart politician is gonna leave Hawley and Cruz out to dry, rather than defend him.
    At the very least the Republicans will like scapegoats to strike, attack, and expel so that they can do a big performative move to show they are moving past him and returning to being "the party of Reagan" (which to be honest is also pretty bad...the party of Eisenhower would be acceptable).

    Cruz is very much the guy, in the same way McCarthy was, who will offer a spectacle of vindictive pleasure as they bring the pair of pliers and blowtorch. And Hawley is someone who can serve as a cautionary tale for too-much ambition with too-little talent and have wings clipped.

    Romney definitely sees a chance for himself to take control of the party and mould it. He likely sees Biden as a model, a two-term failed Prez candidate who made it in his third term in his senior year.

    This has to be the "I lost Cronkite" equivalent of the Republican extreme right fringe.

  14. #21389
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,948
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #21390
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Some of the participants in this seem to be veterans or ex-military, and the poor treatment of veterans and their concomitant political radicalization is a concerning thing. Babbitt is one of them.

    Note I said some of them...not all of them. The terrorists seem to be a motley collection -- rich private-jet owning adventurers who think the proletariat travels first class, CEOs of small businesses, state-level lawmakers, and others. It's a real fringe collection of white extremists of all classes across a breath. Many of them were out of state (since DC is a predominantly blue city).
    I get calls from Veterans foundations and they BLAME Obama for how they have been treated. Which is why one group sent me a nice flyer saying vote Trump. I politely told them to NEVER call my house seeking donations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •