BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    New Trump video condemning the violence last Wednesday.

The subtext is still chilling.

-- When he talks about the planned marches in the coming days he doesn't tell anyone to stop, he basically tells them to peacefully protesting an election which he lost. He doesn't come out and say "Joe Biden won the election fair and square and I lied about the voter fraud thing" and it was wrong for me to ask the party to protest it.

-- Him divorcing himself from the violence of the Putsch is so laughable as to be sad.

-- The cowardly moral equivalence between the Putsch and the BLM marches.

-- And of course in the end about his call for free speech he makes it clear that all he cares about is twitter.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here’s the insight into why he released this video, hint: It has nothing to do with with actually having a remorse for what he did.

Its already began hitting him in his pocket book. Trump lost contracts with New York from what I read for events at his places due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Getting 17 Senators to flip might be a lot easier.

I am not holding my breath, either.

I envision it coming close to 67 and then Manchin votes to acquit ...

Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Martha McSally (Arizona), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama) are the ones to watch.

Romney, Rubio, Murkowsi, Sasse, Toomey (which surprised me), Collins, Cornyn, and Thune seem to already be ready to convict. Grassley threw some McConnel-esque shade, too. The Rs on their last term in office might not care and vote to convict, too.

Again, not holding my breath.
    Senators don't have the option of gerrymandering their districts, so they have more impetus to hear what less extremist voters are saying. Not that they always, or even often, do, but the costs of ignoring them are more likely than for a House rep.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    McSally is already gone. Has been since 12/2.
    You are correct. List edited!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The subtext is still chilling.

-- When he talks about the planned marches in the coming days he doesn't tell anyone to stop, he basically tells them to peacefully protesting an election which he lost. He doesn't come out and say "Joe Biden won the election fair and square and I lied about the voter fraud thing" and it was wrong for me to ask the party to protest it.

-- Him divorcing himself from the violence of the Putsch is so laughable as to be sad.

-- The cowardly moral equivalence between the Putsch and the BLM marches.

-- And of course in the end about his call for free speech he makes it clear that all he cares about is twitter.
    Everything he said was true just as it is obvious that someone else carefully crafted it and he was pressured heavily into saying it word for word.

But, yes. No admission that his lies led to this. No admission that he instigated it. No admission that he did not call in the National Guard but Pence did. A mention of the pandemic but no admission that he ever lied about it. I imagine he was promised some leniency if he did this because, only after the riot has he ever given a speech where he acted like the leader of the free world.

The House just impeached him for the second time since Pence refuses to invoke the 25th.

The best thing he could do now is just stop. Never speak again. But that's not his nature as much as it is true that we should let tempers settle.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

It may exist on paper, but I'm pretty sure that there is no longer a single GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It may exist on paper, but I'm pretty sure that there is no longer a single GOP.
    It's almost like there really are no binaries and groups of people are complex and contain multitudes. As much as the GOP are willing to stick together, they're no more a monolith in policy and opinion than the DNC.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Getting 17 Senators to flip might be a lot easier.

I am not holding my breath, either.

I envision it coming close to 67 and then Manchin votes to acquit ...

Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama) are the ones to watch.

Romney, Rubio, Murkowsi, Sasse, Toomey (which surprised me), Collins, Cornyn, and Thune seem to already be ready to convict. Grassley threw some McConnel-esque shade, too. The Rs on their last term in office might not care and vote to convict, too.

Again, not holding my breath.
    Toomey already announced he’s retiring at the end of his term, so he might flip, especially after he raked Trump over the coals following the insurrection.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Maybe he should go dark web where he can mingle with other organized criminals, and pedophiles (that he's always fighting against anyway according to Qs)

Extraordinary Member

McConnel also might be playing a waiting game deliberately so he can try and determine whether the situation for the pro-Trump GOP is worsening or improving in the interim; to coldly assess if they become a worse liability, stagnate where they are, or manage a dangerous rise.

If they continue self-destructing, or are uncovered as being actual participants in the riot’s planning, he can utilize that as leverage or treat it as a point of no return. But if he feels the GOP is still capable fo surviving... he’s incapable of putting the needs of the country over the cynical read of his oarty’s strength.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    3 is a bigger number than 2, Joker.

The truth still matters to some of us.
    Does it matter enough to point out that the actual truth is more like "A Bit Larger Than Two, But Not Actually Three..."?

Because if a news piece is dated "Aug. 18, 2018"?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/18/u...ck-person.html

White Doctor Arrested at Orlando Airport Complains of Being Treated Like a ‘Black Person’
    It won't actually be "Three..." for around another seven months. It's actually even closer to "Two..." than it is to "Three..."

So...

That's why "A Year Or Two..." was no biggie. It's only a few months North of "Two..."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington
    Rep. John Katko of New York
    Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
    Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
    Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
    Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming
    Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan
    Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio
    Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina
    Rep. David Valadao of California

There's your 10 Rs that the GOP will be vilifying over the next few months.
    Of that group, if the GOP were smart they would look to someone like Adam Kinzinger for the future.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here’s the insight into why he released this video, hint: It has nothing to do with with actually having a remorse for what he did.

Trumpnocchio.jpg
    I wish I had better photo manipulations skills but I kept wishing I could edit this video so that his nose would grow.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Of that group, if the GOP were smart they would look to someone like Adam Kinzinger for the future.
    They can't even get up, and hit the gong when someone like Gaetz gets up and starts going full-on "Clown Shoes..."

"Smart..."?

Feels like it's a couple of light years away from where the party actually is.