Page 926 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 426826876916922923924925926927928929930936976102614261926 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 75153
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    True. A few undecideds, but probably not enough to make a difference. The question now is who will vote, who will be allowed to vote and who will count them?
    Well 150 million are expected to turn out.

I like how every perceived minor gaff loses Biden millions of votes, but Trump can say whatever idiotic, dreadful, untrue thing he wants and no one talks about it hurting him.
    For being a supposed "gaffe machine"... Biden probably had the clearest six months of disciplined rhetoric he's ever had.

I know, that's not saying much compared to some of the things he's said through the years, but... he's been way less error prone. Trump has literally been unable to go on offense and land a single punch in that whole time and has constantly been on the defensive.

Pandemic, and all, but still.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

I like how every perceived minor gaff loses Biden millions of votes, but Trump can say whatever idiotic, dreadful, untrue thing he wants and no one talks about it hurting him.
    Don't we literally talk about Trump's idiocy hurting him daily?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For being a supposed "gaffe machine"... Biden probably had the clearest six months of disciplined rhetoric he's ever had.

I know, that's not saying much compared to some of the things he's said through the years, but... he's been way less error prone. Trump has literally been unable to go on offense and land a single punch in that whole time and has constantly been on the defensive.

Pandemic, and all, but still.
    Biden's worst gaffe "If you don't vote for me you ain't black" was immediately swallowed up in the news cycle by another wave of Trump controversies. After that I think Biden realized it was easier to just let Trump keep shooting himself in the foot and just pop up to capitalize on it.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Extreme poverty around the world has been steadily declining which doesn’t quite fit the idea that Americans are trying to keep the rest of the world destitute.
    Virtually all of the reduction in global poverty in the last few decades has been in China, and that can hardly be argued as a product of American generosity. If you look everywhere, poverty has remained flat or even increased over time:

I think most of the undecideds lean GOP, but can't bring themselves to vote of Trump.
    I think most undecideds are people who lean a certain way but really, really want to be on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I honestly don't believe there's a single person undecided between Trump and Biden, just undecided between not bothering to vote and one of the candidates.
    A lot of the undecided voters don't follow politics that closely.

They're the people who don't know who Ruth Bader Ginsburg was, let alone that she died.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Virtually all of the reduction in global poverty in the last few decades has been in China, and that can hardly be argued as a product of American generosity. If you look everywhere, poverty has remained flat or even increased over time:

Looking at raw numbers is misleading, as the population of the world has increased since 1981.

The numbers are cut off at 2011, when the decline has continued.

It seems we've argued about this before.

Last year, I wrote "there has been tremendous good, like the decline in the percentage of people under extreme poverty, largely as a result of increased trade, improved technology and the establishment of "rule of law." I included some links.

https://www.firstthings.com/web-excl...global-poverty

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...rtality-charts

You suggested it was mainly in China.

As I suggested at the time, global poverty reduction has been substantial outside of China, from almost one third (29%) of the non-Chinese world population living in extreme poverty in 1981 to twelve percent by 2013.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4667570

https://ourworldindata.org/the-globa...-it-only-china

And then we argued back and forth about whether American trade and foreign investment helped China.
    O
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Obama unleashed is making me happy. Don't know if it will help in Florida not holding my breath but good to see him getting it all off his chest. He had to eat alot of bs from trump over the years and only defend himself with surrogates and pundits for alot of the slander and conspiracies. But, now he can say what he wants to say and just call it like it is.

Obama, campaigning in Florida’s COVID epicenter, criticizes Trump’s pandemic response

Fantastic Member

According to Politico, the Republicans are eating into the Democrats lead and are expected to win in Florida by 2 points according to a poll. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mocrats-432135 Feel free to check out this poll they made from 1000 people to see if it's accurate. (https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...5-7cfda5490000)

Coincidentally Obama showed up in Florida to encourage voting.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-24-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Biden's worst gaffe "If you don't vote for me you ain't black" was immediately swallowed up in the news cycle by another wave of Trump controversies. After that I think Biden realized it was easier to just let Trump keep shooting himself in the foot and just pop up to capitalize on it.
    I think his campaign has done a really good job of keeping Joe reigned in. They really have just sat back and let Trump bury himself. Biden has basically just been responding to Trump’s stupidity and not veering from his relatively simple message. Health care, climate change, return to normalcy, and I’m not Trump. not being able to make too many public appearances because of COVID has probably helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    According to Politico, the Republicans are eating into the Democrats lead and are expected to win in Florida by 2 points according to a poll. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mocrats-432135 Feel free to check out this poll they made from 1000 people to see if it's accurate. (https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...5-7cfda5490000)

That’s from one poll but many others have Biden leading. The fact that Biden isn’t doing any better than Clinton with Black and Latino Florida voters is worrying. Regardless it’s going to be a very close race.

Democrats are turning out more low-propensity voters and newly registered voters than Republicans. But as shares of their party’s votes, the proportions are roughly the same as 2016, according to an analysis by Tyson, whose most recent 1,000-sample Florida poll has Trump with a 2-point lead that’s well within the survey’s error margin of 3.1 points. Many recent public polls have Biden marginally leading.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait for another Florida clusterf$@%. If Biden takes Michigan, Wisconsin, and either Pennsylvania, Arizona, or North Carolina he wins. Trump can have Florida.

Astonishing Member

That's what I'm saying. People are prematurely calling it a Biden win. Personally I won't consider Biden winning until trump and his administration are out of the WH because I get a feeling that trump will attempt some dicktator move to stay in power.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s from one poll but many others have Biden leading. The fact that Biden isn’t doing any better than Clinton with Black and Latino Florida voters is worrying. Regardless it’s going to be a very close race.

Democrats are turning out more low-propensity voters and newly registered voters than Republicans. But as shares of their party’s votes, the proportions are roughly the same as 2016, according to an analysis by Tyson, whose most recent 1,000-sample Florida poll has Trump with a 2-point lead that’s well within the survey’s error margin of 3.1 points. Many recent public polls have Biden marginally leading.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait for another Florida clusterf$@%. If Biden takes Michigan, Wisconsin, and either Pennsylvania, Arizona, or North Carolina he wins. Trump can have Florida.
    Worth noting the poll cites the Trafalgar Group.

News flash: Today 700 Economists have denounced Trump. Stating he has destroyed this country into something unrecognizable that will take decades to Heal. That he should not be on the ballot.

Also: Trump claims the Hunter Biden Lap top is sex with children stuff.

It’s Pizzagate 2.0 just instead of Hillary, it’s Hunter.

Err: That was a lie that you got caught red handed in, an assault happened and a misguided father of 2 went to jail for. Some maybe dumb enough to believe it. But we know the blush it now. Not again!

( That lies biggest flaw was Trump declared where it occurred. Hence the assault. He gave false facts, big mess.)

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That's what I'm saying. People are prematurely calling it a Biden win. Personally I won't consider Biden winning until trump and his administration are out of the WH because I get a feeling that trump will attempt some dicktator move to stay in power.
    80% increase in R turnout across the US in the last 4 days.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium