Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Brit. Imperial Nostalgia is a strange yardstick to measure presidents.
    Godzilla films are often defined by the era of Japanese emperors.

BANNED

Biden's pretty aggressive in his first days, purging Trump loyalists at the VOA, NLRB, NSA.

On that front, he's belied the rather crass and ageist assumptions people had of him (both on the right and left spectrum) as this doddering old man (it surprised me that Bernie supporters used this insult specifically because if he'd become President, the shoe would fit him too).

I will say that the wisdom of backing experience and traditional government virtues on election is bearing fruit considering how swiftly Biden's operation have taken over in the last three days. A less inexperienced POTUS would likely still be gathering their bearings at this point, while Biden has quickly taken charge of the COVID relief operation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Godzilla films are often defined by the era of Japanese emperors.
    Huh?!?

The first Godzilla movie came after World War II and it was about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and it was released in a Japan where the Emperor (as he had been during WW2 and before) had become a total figurehead of no consequence.

Astonishing Member

Here’s an interview with a couple of Trumpers who expressed no regrets about the terrorist attack that occurred on Jan 6th 2021.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-22-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In the post you responded to, I referred to them as extremists. Earlier on, I gave a link about one of Greene's most disgusting views (that the Parkland shooting was staged.)

How am I defending them? Talk about dumb battles.
    You're wasting everyone's time by questioning facts that are readily available if you just look, as if they aren't the facts.

On brand, really.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Huh?!?

The first Godzilla movie came after World War II and it was about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and it was released in a Japan where the Emperor (as he had been during WW2 and before) had become a total figurehead of no consequence.
    That era is called the Showa Era, the next is Heisei, then we have Millennium series, and the current era, Reiwa.

Japan often refers to Godzilla films by the era of who was emperor.

I think they, the poster, were referencing names of film eras.

Not ideologies ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-22-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bigfo...b6f401aea3263c

Oh, WBE! The funniest part of this is how people in Oklahoma would have to purchase a Bigfoot hunting license. But maybe that's what's really behind this, an attempt to grab money from the rubes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It's fitting that 'No Time To Die' will be released under Biden, because the man has so much work to do fixing the country that he literally has no time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bigfo...b6f401aea3263c

Oh, WBE! The funniest part of this is how people in Oklahoma would have to purchase a Bigfoot hunting license. But maybe that's what's really behind this, an attempt to grab money from the rubes.
    There's a reason I've profiled Justin Humprhey before, I reckon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Paul Rand realizes he's outing himself as a racist.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says Biden is ‘calling us racist’ in inauguration speech

If you read his speech and listen to it carefully, much of it is thinly-veiled innuendo calling us white supremacists, calling us racists, calling us every name in the book, calling us people who don’t tell the truth

Which Members of Congress Have Tested Positive for the Coronavirus

At least 63 sitting members of Congress — more than one in nine— have tested positive for the coronavirus or are believed to have had Covid-19 at some point since the pandemic began. The list includes 44 Republicans and 19 Democrats.

Nine have tested positive since the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, when many members were holed up in a secure location together and some refused to wear masks, angering several Democrats, including Representative Pramila Jayapal of Washington, who later tested positive. Congress’s attending physician said it was possible members were exposed while sheltering from the siege and recommended they get tested.

The overall infection rate among current senators and representatives surpasses the national known infection rate of 6.5 percent, though many more cases have likely gone undetected in the general population.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Fits. Though of course the biggest W. fans in the 2000s was the Labour party.

Imagine thinking Bush was actually a good President. Can’t relate.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wonder if Paul Rand realizes he's outing himself as a racist.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says Biden is ‘calling us racist’ in inauguration speech
    Well ... if you identify with the traitors, you might be a racist nut bag.

Don't know why that is hard for him to understand?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Biden's pretty aggressive in his first days, purging Trump loyalists at the VOA, NLRB, NSA.

On that front, he's belied the rather crass and ageist assumptions people had of him (both on the right and left spectrum) as this doddering old man (it surprised me that Bernie supporters used this insult specifically because if he'd become President, the shoe would fit him too).

I will say that the wisdom of backing experience and traditional government virtues on election is bearing fruit considering how swiftly Biden's operation have taken over in the last three days. A less inexperienced POTUS would likely still be gathering their bearings at this point, while Biden has quickly taken charge of the COVID relief operation.
    Yea, I figured that Biden's many years in Goverment would be an asset to him starting off Running, but this sprit he is on has been Very Impressive and that does shows that knowing how Washington works does give you legs-up on how to get to work more effectively and with faster results.

THIS was ontop of how the Trump cronies in DC where since the election trying to do everthing they can to hamstring and not incude Biden and his team in most transistion powers and info. Yet still Biden's team got off to this start even with that, that is something to be impressed by.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!