Page 3047 of 3047 FirstFirst ... 2047254729472997303730433044304530463047
Results 45,691 to 45,694 of 45694
    Mighty Member

America is a truly laughingstock failed state when it comes to civilian gun violence if Zelensky takes time out from Russia trying to murder him/subjugate his country to say Texas is not okay.

But hey let's defend anti-trans comedians all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The mentally ill people problem needs to be addressed. The guns problem needs to be addressed. The problem is a lot of people don't tend to obey the gun laws in the USA. Stringent gun laws only work in Japan, because most people obey the law and the government was very strict in enforcing the law. But it doesn't mean Japan doesn't have any mentally ill people. In Japan, a deranged man stabbed 19 people to death. Imagine how it would look worse if that lunatic had a gun.
    I agree with you, Zauriel… Mass shootings and mental health are two different topics. Sanity isn’t the thing that prevents you from shooting people, it is the state of a person that feels good with himself/herself and the people around him/her. We should able to feel compassion towards people who suffer whatever the reason and prevent this suffering if possible. But it’s hard to feel compassion towards a young one who has killed children and who is ready to kill you… Removing weapons would help disturbed people and avoid unnecessary deaths.
    Last edited by Zelena; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It depends on the context. The odds that an individual will be affected are pretty low. It's still going to happen every now and then in a big country with lots of guns and violent maniacs.
    If I cross the road without looking on the left and on the right, the odds are that the cars will still stop or avoid me.
    Nevertheless it doesn’t mean I will do it.

I’m personally satisfied by the fact I didn’t grow up in the USA… And that I don’t live there at the moment.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I agree with you, Zauriel… Mass shootings and mental health are two different topics. Sanity isn’t the thing that prevents you from shooting people, it is the state of a person that feels good with himself/herself and the people around him/her. We should able to feel compassion towards people who suffer whatever the reason and prevent this suffering if possible. But it’s hard to feel compassion towards a young one who has killed children and who is ready to kill you… Removing weapons would help disturbed people and avoid unnecessary deaths.
    I'm not so sure that it is.

Every single one of them might be someone that we failed/didn't do right by.