Page 191 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 911411811871881891901911921931941952012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump is turning the WH into his own private fortress

I can't believe even Republicans are cool with that.
    It's as I've said numerous times, Republicans don't care what Trump does, or know better than to publicly complain about his madness. For as long as Bunker Bitch remains in office, the GOP will continue looking the other way while they secure more tax cuts and stack the courts with right wingers. But let Joe Biden even THINK about doing what Trump has done should he win in November, and those same apathetic Republicans will go ballistic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I actually trust way more the capacity to show restraint and humanity of the military than the police personally.

But to use the troops to control civilians can be quite dangerous for a government. They can refuse to obey and turn their weapons.

Happened quite often in the past, turning riots into revolution. (France or Russia to just name of couple examples)
    Sending in the military in extreme times can be necessary... but against your own government it never ends well. At best it's the lessser of 2 evils. It's the option when you literally can't do anything else. Hopefully we don't get to that point.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Black officers have been persecuted for crimes like these.

Besides, it sounds like you have a problem with black people beyond the current protest. That might be something you might want to carry out some introspection on.
    You're the type of person to say so if somebody doesn't side with the Black Person, they're automatically racist? Nice try
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-04-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Intermediary

preliminary hearings for Ahmaud Arberys murderes are ongoing presently

hearings like on Court TV

Ultimate Member

I think another problem, mixed in with all this but not addressed, is that frankly it seemed as if officers are placing their safety over that of the public.

I mean, we all remember that one cop who shot a woman who'd reported a possible rapist in the area. He made a split second decision, to shoot through the damn door at a possible threat than actually try to see what was the matter.

We all remember that African American therapist who was shot while laying on the ground next to his developmentally disabled charge. The cops came loaded for bear because they thought his toy truck might be a weapon.

And hell, SWATing? Police overreaction, their unwillingness to access the situation before going in guns blazing, is so reliable that jerk gamers will do it to hurt people who beat them in games.

Protect and serve seems to be a polite suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think another problem, mixed in with all this but not addressed, is that frankly it seemed as if officers are placing their safety over that of the public.
    https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/st...87133066223616

Almost none of this is about them prioritizing their own safety.

Intermediary

the normal flavor of police brutality along with the now documented over 100 instances of police opening fire on peaceful protestors and press over the past 4-5 days

those with a badge think we are sheep to be herded and should be grateful for their "protection"

oh and now the Idiot is putting up a "WALL" around the White House....not even Nixon was this much of a wussy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/st...87133066223616

Almost none of this is about them prioritizing their own safety.
    Looking through that thread--

The city might as well start handing out checks because they are going to see a ton of lawsuits.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    the normal flavor of police brutality along with the now documented over 100 instances of police opening fire on peaceful protestors and press over the past 4-5 days

those with a badge think we are sheep to be herded and should be grateful for their "protection"

oh and now the Idiot is putting up a "WALL" around the White House....not even Nixon was this much of a wussy
    Which begs the inevitable question....will Mexico pay for it?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean, we all remember that one cop who shot a woman who'd reported a possible rapist in the area. He made a split second decision, to shoot through the damn door at a possible threat than actually try to see what was the matter.

We all remember that African American therapist who was shot while laying on the ground next to his developmentally disabled charge. The cops came loaded for bear because they thought his toy truck might be a weapon.

And hell, SWATing? Police overreaction, their unwillingness to access the situation before going in guns blazing, is so reliable that jerk gamers will do it to hurt people who beat them in games.

Protect and serve seems to be a polite suggestion.
    I guess the question there is whether that's a matter of procedure or just stupid cops making mistakes. If it's the former, then yeah ... I'm sure people are going to take a hard look at this issue. This will be an aspect on any and every politician's platform for the next couple years. Hopefully that will make all this worthwhile in the long run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Which begs the inevitable question....will Mexico pay for it?
    Candance Owens is trending on Twitter.

Calling Floyd another Mike Brown.

Didn't Floyd comply with cops? Only to have his neck stepped on for 9 minutes?

Was it ever confirmed he was breaking the law?

The bad actors are coming out in droves to exploit the protests so the Democrats are more vulnerable when elections hit.
    They sure are.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The arguement that it's valuing property over lives is flawed considering that lives are being lost. Innocent people are being murdered by the rioters. Right or wrong, people are attempting to defend their homes and livelihoods against the rioters and unfortunately paying a price for that. Point being there lives matter too. Every life of every US citizen should matter to government, but if push comes to shove and a choice has to be made between the lives of the rioters and the people victimized by the rioters government can, will and should choose the later.

I agree wanting to kill your own citizens isn't a sign of patriotism... but defending the lives of US citizens that are being endangered, even from other US citizens, is a part of governments jobs. If the rioters are looting, burning down buildings, and murdering innocent people it is in fact the governments job to stop this. I HOPE the police and national guard can do it without the aide of the military... but if the simply can't, then that obligation does fall on the military. One way or the other it has to stop, and it will. It's just a question of whether or not it's ultimately stopped by the rioters themselves (that obviously is the most ideal scenario), the police, or the military (worst case scenario).
    12 people are dead. Thats a horrible tragedy. Bringing the military in will cause that number to jump up massively. Militarized police are aggravating the situation so adding more force wont do ****.

The first guy who thinks he's being swarmed and unloads will light a tinderbox of violence. Why di you think no governer wantss them there. Also we dont know if all of those deaths are caused by rioters. Two were caused by the police running people over. Somee may be opportunistic murders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess the question there is whether that's a matter of procedure or just stupid cops making mistakes. If it's the former, then yeah ... I'm sure people are going to take a hard look at this issue. This will be an aspect on any and every politician's platform for the next couple years. Hopefully that will make all this worthwhile in the long run.
    Some are doing that crap on purpose.

I think some know that they are out the door once this is over as police sacrifice them to save thier jobs.

12 people are dead. Thats a horrible tragedy. Bringing the military in will cause that number to jump up massively. Militarized police are aggravating the situation so adding more force wont do ****.
    Well if you are Trump and think only democrat voters are out-a few of them getting killed means fewer voters in November.

The dumb part of that is all those bad actors who might be his supporters getting taken out too.

I mean if it was ME-I would tell my supporters STAY HOME. I need you at the polls more than fighting so called liberals and BLM. Because that group didn't go to the polls and some like Nick cannon & Kaep encouraged NOT voting.

And I am already seeing folks being discouraged to vote even now by some of the folks who claim to be protesting.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 06-04-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post

The first guy who thinks he's being swarmed and unloads will light a tinderbox of violence. Why di you think no governer wantss them there.
    No governor wants them in there for precisely the reason you mention. The military can stop this, but potentially at a very high cost. That's why we need to hope the rioters can either stop this themselves, or the police can do it. Option C of the military is the worst case scenario... no doubt. But again, one way or the other it should and will stop. It's just a question of who will stop it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's as I've said numerous times, Republicans don't care what Trump does, or know better than to publicly complain about his madness. For as long as Bunker Bitch remains in office, the GOP will continue looking the other way while they secure more tax cuts and stack the courts with right wingers. But let Joe Biden even THINK about doing what Trump has done should he win in November, and those same apathetic Republicans will go ballistic.
    The Republicans have basically deteriorated into three camps. First are those who know Trump will end their careers if they defy him. Second are those who don't care what he does as long as he continues to allow them to reshape regulation, tax law and the judiciary to their donors' liking. The last, and perhaps scariest, are those who want him to destroy the power-balancing institutions so there are no limits on their power when they eventually move to supplant him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    George Will, in a interview with Joy Reed, predicts that the hashtag that will trend on Twitter in 2021 will be #Trumpwho?
    Anyone that believes Trump is going to obligingly fade away if defeated in November is almost as delusional as Trump himself. Even if he doesn't attempt to leverage Blackwater, white supremacist militias, and war criminals like Gallagher to either prevent or overturn an electoral defeat (and I do not regard that as an impossibility), he's not just going to slink away to Mar-a-lago to golf away his remaining years.

We've had ample evidence that any embarrassment sends Trump into a vengeful hysteria. I'd expect something that he'd find as humiliating as an electoral defeat to compel him to run again in 2024 (the 22nd Amendment does not bar non-consecutive terms). As part of this effort, I anticipate Trump launching an excoriating stream of propaganda aimed at Biden, and anyone else he envisions as having played a role in his defeat. Even if it's hopeless (and that's by no means certain), Trump will need to feel that he has shaped the narrative to how he was defrauded or cheated out of his "rightful" claim on the presidency.

Trump's already floated the idea of starting his own "news" network. A loss in November, on top social media sites beginning to fact check, or minimize his platform, is almost guaranteed to push him into trying it. And his followers WILL patronize it.

No, the only two things apt to silence Trump are death, or imprisonment.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-04-2020 at 07:33 AM.